Ketosis: in or out?

sammyzip50

Silver Member
I am on day 7 and feel just as rough as the early days. Still have heavy head and hungry at times though get full quick. I am wondering if I got knocked out of ketosis and re-entering (hence the symptoms) or it just takes a bit longer for some?

Surely by now I should be feeling energised and headache free?

Hi Sammy, not sure if we are meant to achieve the kind of ketosis you would get with say lipotrim or lighterlife where you just have protein shakes! The amount of dairy and veggies (on cruise) wouldn't keep ypu there if you did get ketotic.Well done on your progress so far, sending you hugs from the lace that cannot be named lol xx

You could have been knocked out of ketosis by something, I know that's happened to me a few times, or you could be dehydrated. I'm really bad with keeping up my water intake and have notice some hangover-like symptons as a result on bad days.
Or maybe you're having a few too many tolerateds? I haven't looked at any of your food diarys but I know that sometimes cutting out tolerated items can give people a big boost.

Thanks Izzysmum! I always got the impression that you were either in or out of ketosis though several diets only work in the mild form. I wonder if must Dukaners slip in and out and if this is the case the symptoms follow it and as we know it is not a pleasant experience. I can't be be on the border otherwise I will always feel awful and feel like it is day one every day. Any other thoughts/experiences, people?

HI Silversilph,

I think you are right. I think I have had a couple of dicey situations such as meat in a sauce though scraped it off I wonder though the first week one can be sensitive to it all? I have been drinking water min 2 litres but on average 3-4 so plenty of fluids. But then Dukan himself say too much water can cause tiredness etc as low salt intake and the excess water can lower blood pressure so it can be too little or too much......

Just a thought Sammy, are you eating enough?? I know it seems mad but the protein helps weight loss so eating plenty keeps the old fat burning going and drinking the water flushes it out! As a certain meercat says........"simples" ha ha if only it was that easy xx

HI Silversilph,

I think you are right. I think I have had a couple of dicey situations such as meat in a sauce though scraped it off I wonder though the first week one can be sensitive to it all? I have been drinking water min 2 litres but on average 3-4 so plenty of fluids. But then Dukan himself say too much water can cause tiredness etc as low salt intake and the excess water can lower blood pressure so it can be too little or too much......

You have to remember though Sammy that you are in a hot country, I drink around two litres of various liquids (probably not enough straight water) but if I were in Singapore I would need to drink a lot more.

Have you considered buying some ketostix? I find them really useful for measuring if I'm in ketosis and can be useful to measure if eating something brings you out of it (meaning your sensitive to it), I can get a bit OCD (and everything :D) about diets but maybe its worth a thought. I got mine on Ebay for about £5.

I really feel for you feeling so rubbish, hopefully it won't last.

Sam: Thought about buying the sticks but so many on Cambridge forum think its a waste of time. I do the back of the hand test and to be honest it is less smelly and I feel hungrier today so I think I did get knocked out....

Izzysmum: Might not be eating much as before today not feeling hungry. I'm eating until feeling full and having a mid morning and afternoon snack.

HI Silversilph,

Lick the back of your hand (make sure there is not scent/perfume on the skin) and then smell it. Let me know the outcome :)

Back