Ketosis & Kissing!!!!

notadrop

I've got a big date tomorrow night, really excited but now on day 4 of restart and my tongue is starting to feel horribly fuzzy :eek: Anyone got any tips on how to sort this problem out by tomorrow? If I ate a little to take myself out of ketosis would my tongue be back to normal tomorrow? Had the mouse tongue first time round but it lasted a couple of weeks I'm sure. Definately need to be minty fresh tomorrow!

Aww...Bless ya, drink plenty of water and brush your tongue that certainly helps for me....xxx

Drink plenty of water. Try theramed mouthwash and toothpaste in one - superdrug do it in a mini size version you can put in your handbag!

NO EATING!!!!!!

There's also the minty 'plastic' strips you can get from Tesco; I think; and Gold Spot & other spray breath fresheners which work. Good luck on the date!xxxx
xxxsharon

Def try those plastic type strips, they freshen you up lovely! I used to love that 'going on a date' feeling, butterflies in your tummy, etc :sigh: My hubby won't come near me when i'm in Ketosis, calls me Halitosis Helen....that's love for you!

<GASP SHOCK HORROR> you're planning to KISS on a first date?!? hahahahaha. Dont flipping blame you! Read somewhere SMINTS (so long as you dont neck the whole lot!) are ok in moderation. Dont you DARE eat on day 4 of re-start missus - you have just done the worst few days. Think how bad you'd feel if it all went tits up next week?!

Gossip better be forecoming after the date :) xx

Sorry to be a pain but those strippy-breath-freshener thingys can knock some people out of ketosis.

The best thing is Goldspot breath freshener and good old toothpaste.

Good luck with the date!

xxx

Well... no problem with the tongue or breath issue. Gold spot, theramed and brushing tongue all worked wonders - thanks. BUT date was pretty arrogant and full of himself, giving me tips on how to improve my life!! He's a real go-getter, very money oriented. I'm usually pretty confident and up for a laugh but found myself shrinking in comparison - I could even feel my voice becoming quieter and quieter with little to say. Reasonably happy with my life but pretty unambitious I suppose, felt I should be doing more to live life to the full - as he is. Ended date as quickly as poss. home and tucked up in bed by 10.30. :sigh:

Oh i have a whole volume of "The whose who of crap" to share with you.
For now I'm concentating on me - that way no one can distract me from weight loss plan!! :)

S xx

Back