Total Solution ketosis or side effects?

Hey guys. I'm on day 3 of ts, (shake, bar, soup). First 2 days were okish but today i have stomach cramps, dizziness, headache and i'm very cold. Is this ketosis or side effects of the diet? and how long will it last? Thanks :confused:

from all i read yes, am in my second week and i am fine now the first few days where the worse i wish you well.

pup is right - the first week is the worst.

You should have got a booklet with your shakes which states the side effects. Sadly you just named about half of them. Stick it out, you'll feel better soon.

Good Luck ! We are here for you :) x

thanks guys. am getting over it now, but constantly thinking about food! lol :rolleyes:

I heard bad breath is a side effect/sign of ketosis

What about the side effects?
This intended to give you an idea of what you might experience. Of course, if you are worried about anything, or it seems unusual, please talk to your doctor. There are some very rare but serious side effects that you may experience, and it is always best to talk to someone who really knows! Before you start the diet, do check the medical stuff on the Exante website, as this isn't a suitable diet for everyone.
Tummy Upsets
You may well find your bowel movements start to change - you are eating totally differently, so there isn't the same stuff for your body to deal with. You will not be getting the same levels of fibre that you are likely to be having with your normal food, this can lead some people get quite constipated (drinking extra water when consuming the packs can help this). There are some remedies from the chemist that you can get to help too. If it gets too bad, you could go to Working Solution and have some of the fibrous low carb vegetables - increasing the fibre may help.
You may also experience nausea or diarrhoea instead. Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated, and hopefully as your body adjusts to the diet it will find it's new pattern. If you're experiencing nausea, it could be that you're not having enough water when you have the packs - they are crammed full of vitamins & minerals, so if you don't have water at the same time, to help dilute it, flush it through, it can be a bit of a hit on your body that can make you feel a bit sick!
Feeling Chilly
This diet is changing your metabolism, and this can be a totally normal side effect. Wrap up warm, find a blanket, dance and wriggle, this is just temporary and once you return to food, this will sort itself out.
Dog Breath / Metallic Taste
One of the less delightful side effects that some people may encounter, usually seems to be worst in the first few days. Keep drinking the water! Brush your teeth, you could also use mouth wash, or a breath freshener spray. There are also some minty fresh strips that dissolve on your tongue. Chewing gum / mints are not recommended while on a VLCD (although I can't remember why!)
Cramp
Some people suffer more from cramp on this diet. It's suggested that you drink some more water, or you can also add a little salt into one of your packs or some water.
Girlie Stuff
Your periods may change while on this diet too - although it seems to be different for everyone. Mine get lighter and much more regular. Some may find that their fertility changes, and pregnancy may be easier (take precautions if that's not what you want!) (I had to stop Lighter Life abruptly when I found out I was expecting - our beautiful daughter, the most fantastic side effect of a VLCD :D - we'd struggled with fertility for years prior to this)
Hair / Skin
If you stay on this for a while because you have a lot of weight to lose, you may find eventually that your hair growth starts to slow down or your skin may start to get quite dry. You may also find that some of your hair starts to fall out. I've now been on this 16 weeks, and I'm just starting to experience some of the hair loss. Once you return to normal food, this will resolve itself.

I am freezing

Thanks for all those tips! Lots of wonderful things to look forward too but it means the weight is conning off so I can't really complain! Good luck. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back