ketosis question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kelsocool, 3 August 2009 Social URL.

1. kelsocool

kelsocool Speaks as she finds

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(37.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    How many carbs do you need to eat to come out of ketosis?
    Or is the question how little carbs will get you into ketosis??

I hope this question makes sense....if not sorry i am having a "black haired BLONDE day"!!!!! lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    There is no set answer to this. It varies hugely from person to person. Are you asking so you can plan a cheat or because you have blipped? If it's the first, then it kind of doesn't work like that. There are no ok cheats. You need to think about whether it's worth it or not. And why you fee that you have to. If it's the second, then I wouldn't worry about it. What's done is done. Just get straight back on the wagon and you'l be fine! Or if you were just asking, then ignore me!!!

4. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Everyone is different I'm afraid hun so it's kind of a 'how long is a piece of string' question you've asked there.
    I for example can simply eat a CD bar and I get knocked out of ketosis.:rolleyes:

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yep, you can't tell. Everyone is different.

To be sure the average person stays out of ketosis you need about 115g of carbs, but lots come out way under that.

6. kelsocool

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(37.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    no i havent blipped or planning a cheat, i just wondered? it was actually something i was reading in a GI book and i thought it had mentioned on average how much lack of carbs kept you in ketosis but i think KDs answer was about the same. Thanks for all the replys though x

7. kelsocool

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(37.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    what a higgledy piggledy response from me then....Lol..........My brain is all over the place!!!! thanks everyone

8. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I asked on the Atkins board how many carbs were the limit for people there before they stopped losing weight and went into maintenance and the average was about 60g a day. I guess if you spread that through the day rather than all in one hit it would be more stable too.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean they weren't in ketosis, just because they stopped losing weight. You can even gain weight in ketosis

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.