ketosis strips

zoe x

so, i ordered some off amazon, they came today so i did a quick check and it was negative.... how can this be after 6 days on ss.... its really made me feel disheartened... weigh day tmoro tho so we shall see. xx

Depends how much water you have drank through the day... Later in the day if you have drank lots of water it does dilute your urine so the reading can be only just pink.
I do mine first thing in the morning when I haven't drank all night and my urine will be less diluted.
(what a conversation!!) now everyone knows my toilet habits... !!!!
hope this helps xx

haha jambro thank u for that advice....i did it at dinner time so had had few coffees and water by then so thats maybe y. xx thanks starlight, i was wondering weather its because iv been having tiny bit of squash with my water... really hope not because i jus cannot drink plain water. so this afternoon ive been drinkin tescos strawberry flavoured water as it has malic acid instead of citric acid.... and from what i can gather on internet, this is ok... do u know whether thats true? x

Not sure about the juice but have you considered buying water flavouring from your CDC? xx

Hi, I struggle with drinking plain water too. But do do the tesco strawberry water for some of my allowance or Iceland apple water (then water that down by 50% as the flavour's quite strong). It's not done me any harm at all. ( I lost just over 3.5 stone in 12 weeks prior to my holiday) now back on a restart after 4 weeks holiday).
I tried the water flavouring but to me it didn't taste nice - kind of like a rehydration mix like dioralyte or something - but everyone's different and lots of people swear by it. I ended up giving my pot back to my consultant to donate to someone else!

My ketosis stip is always a dark purple, thank god!

Exaxtly what Starlight said....They are a total waste of money. They aren't really designed for this kind of ketosis, i had to use them for my diabetic dog lol ...if you stick to the diet 100% ketosis is there if you don't it goes, don't need to pee on a stick lol ..simples :) xx

i did the strip first thing this morning and it was the exact colour it shud be so am very glad lol. must av been because i did it later in the day. and regarding the water, thats what i have done too alittlerme, the strawberry one from tesco ive added to plain water, il check for the apple one at iceland thanks! my consultant brought me some flavouring today so il see how that is tmo xx

i did the strip first thing this morning and it was the exact colour it shud be so am very glad lol. must av been because i did it later in the day. and regarding the water, thats what i have done too alittlerme, the strawberry one from tesco ive added to plain water, il check for the apple one at iceland thanks! my consultant brought me some flavouring today so il see how that is tmo xx

Told you Hun!!!! :) I Know others on here advise against using ketostix, but for me it's that little bit of an extra 'pat on the back' if you like to know I'm doing things good/right xx

Make sure you only get a little drop on the stick, I made the mistake of drenching it and found out this "washes" the chemical indicators away!

Back