Ketosis ... When?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by woody2403, 9 August 2010 Social URL.

1. woody2403

woody2403 Woody

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Without the use of Ketostix because every pharmacy I went to today had sold out, how do you truely know your body is in Ketosis.

Im on day 3 and although it seems a little easier I know this is because Im trying to focus on the end goal rather than how good a bit of food would taste right now. How do we really know when we are in Ketosis?

My mouth feels incredibly stale but I dont know if thats Ketones or just because my breathe is stale because Im drinking LOTS of water! When they say you get a bad breathe - do they mean like really stale or is there a particular smell associated with ketones on the breathe?

Also, I started a blog today!
    http://tinasblobblog.blogspot.com/

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tasha2000

tasha2000 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Is your tongue slightly yellow, if you have a yucky taste intemittently, smelly breathe and slightly dry mouth, then you are defo in ketosis.. ketostix are hit and miss depending on the time of day ect. usually ketosis kicks on on day 3 or 4, can be longer if you have consumed loads of carbs just before starting diet xhths

4. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    took me 5 days, but I had a 'last supper'. stale breath is a 'good' sign, if honky breath is ever a good thing, its when you are on a ketogenic diet! lol

good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.