Ketosticks

Poepsie

Just wondering where everyone's getting their ketosticks from? Popped into Boots today but didn't see any in the diet section and couldn't be bothered to join the long queue to ask for it.

Save your cash, theyre not worth the money. If you stick to the plan youll get into ketosis, once youre on the packs theres not a thing you can do to speed up the process. Peeing on a stick isnt going to help, in fact it usually stresses people out if anything. Theyre also very very unreliable and often give false readings.

Just have your packs and youll be in ketosis in no time, you dont need sticks to tel you - honest :)

I know that Starlight hates them ;) but I got mine on Ebay this time round :). I find that there's something quite therapeutic about peeing on a stick when I'm restarting. Makes no difference of course because you either are or you aren't in ketosis but I like to see the pink. But as Starlight says if you stick to plan you will be in ketosis.

I do hate them lol. I hate seeing the sheer number of posts from people who use them regularly and then panic when the level changes or go into meltdown when it shows a negative reading. They've been 100% on plan and cos some stupid stick - which was never designed for Vlcds - says they're not ketosis they get upset and demoralised

I've even seem people posting their daily weigh in and daily ketostix reading - I mean seriously why would you lol

Ha, yes I see people stressing about how dark pink the stick is. It's pink, or it's not, shade make no difference. I kicked myself out of ketosis yesterday (I knew, didn't need a stick to tell me :)) and sure enough the stick was pink free this morning :). They can be useful but really they just confirm what you should know anyway.

I only use em while re-starting... Any pink is good for me... I don't obsess over how pink or anything like that... Just motivates me a little...

: ) X

That's how I use them Deezer. I just used them tonight after restarting yesterday morning and was happy happy to have peed on the stick and it showed pink :)

I use them now and again to remind me to drink more water. I KNOW if they are dark I have NOT drunk enough. This is my motivation to down the water. On week 6 now and have never gone out of ketosis (to my knowledge). Seeing very dark scares me into drinking as I think of the poor stress on my liver and kidneys getting rid of keytones without the water!

I agree, at the moment I have no reason to use the sticks, as I feel it is going very well and I am doing so much better with the water, I am really in the swing of things with this S and S, and am even able to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I can HONESTLY say I will do this, sticks or no sticks hahaha

I agree I find them useful and reassuring especially in the beginning as I didnt have any of the usual ketosis signs until week 2. I am in week 8 and I don't use them often but like u I check now and again in relation to the water. I have found them reasonably reliable.

Perhaps I should go into the ketostix business if they're selling for £100! Seriously though, I can use ketostix for free once a week when I go for my weigh in and in over 30 weeks I have only used them once - and only did that because I was asked to. I guess it's horses for courses! Whatever works for you.

i only bought them in the beginning as i had never done a diet that puts you into ketosis, i was thinking how will i know? what will i feel like? what if i'm not the same as others, i paid £2.50 for my box and once i had them got into using them all of the time, not obssessing over the colour just for the weird fun of it, i dont now the novelty has worn off, and now i know what ketosis feels like.

LOL

I couldn't resist, I got some from amazon for £5.95. (inclusive of p&p)

Despite drinking 3 litres of water a day mine have gone dark purple so its a good reminder for me to just keep drinking more than the average person.

Admittedly I've only used it twice though. Its probably only useful for day 3/4/5 getting back in to Ketosis.

Yeah, I agree, "Death Breath" LMAO is enough of an indicator to know my body is in the ketosis zone.

And Deezer well done on losing 223lbs, your sig just caught my eye while typing this post. Awesome!

Back