Ketostix saying no.....ten days in....is this possible?

kjs1628

Surely....
Sorry to start a new thread.....

i have read through past posts on ketostix and seen a lot of people saying they're a waste of money but just wanted confirmation....

Ten days in and I am not hungry at all, but that is literally the only symptom of ketosis I have. I'm not losing weight that rapidly (probably about 5 lbs in two weeks)' so just wanted to check. If i wasn't in ketosis, I'd be climbing the walls with hunger, right? I have just had my first shake at 11.50 am, not because I was hungry, but because I thought I better had.

One of the posts suggested a furry tongue was a sign, and I definitely have that. Is that a true symptom?

anything else I could look out for?

Or is it possible to eat 500 cals a day, not be hungry AND not be in ketosis???

any help gratefully received. Thank you.x

Ooh I thought of another question...can someone explain the link between drinking lots of water and going into ketosis please? And am I right in thinking water in shakes counts as part of your water intake?

If so, I drink enough, but I'd like to know why that's a good thing for ketosis.

thanks.

Hi, I'm only on day 8 but since starting I have genuinely never felt hungry. My mouth & tongue feel awful!!! Some days worse than others but I think coffee makes it worth. Nights that I have felt like eating were def not hunger just boredom. Stick with it everyone loses at different rate x

When I did LL (where they test you every week) my sticks were only ever a very very tiny bit pink, and some weeks didn't change colour at all. I lost six stone though, and wasn't hungry. I was definitely in ketosis! If you're drinking lots of fluids they may never turn pink for you.

If it helps at all I've lost a stone in the past two weeks. Tried a couple of ketostix but neither changed colour!

If you're finding it easy to distract yourself from food/eating, feel pretty mellow and chilled (and possibly literally cold!) and have funky breath don't worry what the sticks do/don't show.

The water doesn't affect you going in to ketosis. One of the main purposes of the water is to replace the (significant amounts of) water you would normally be taking in through food, and so prevent dehydration. Some people (me included) find that drinking more water can help with weight loss, but as far as I know it isn't anything to do with the biochemistry of ketosis. It's more to do with feeling 'well' and not letting yourself get dehydrated.

yeah what splanglymum said!
also your livers breaking down the fat in your body and the bi-product of that is ketones as I understand it, so you need the water also to flush them out hence the more water ppl seem to drink the more weight they lose and if your sticks light in colour Im guessing that means your well hydrated so your drinking enough.

Thanks guys. Xx

I had the whole water thing described to me as follows - no idea if it's true or not, but it kind of makes sense and keeps me hydrated!

There is only so much room in your body for the end process of fat breakdown, so once you've maxed it, there is no more room, so production slows down. The full processed fat breakdown stores are flushed out with water and then start to fill up again, so if you keep flushing them through, they'll keep on processing the fat out of your body!

Sounds bonkers, but it worked for me! As for the ketostix, mine haven't registered a thing since the first few times I used them. I think they go "off" pretty quickly.

No idea if its true noodles but I like that explanation. I am going to tell myself that story so much until I believe it as fact

Noodles I like ur theory and find drinking enough water hard but hopefully ur way of thinking will push me on a bit more xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back