ketostix

fortyandfat

is crazy
i have just got my 1st lot of these sticks. had a go and it was 0.8 and 2nd from the end colour.
what is the best colour to have on them?
do you get differnt colours from differnt times of the day? if so do i only test in the morning or every pee?

I cant say hun as i only use the ones from the hospital (they are free!). My colour doesnt change at all at different times of day. I think as long as you are in ketosis (any colour/shade) then its all good.

Not too dark. When I did Lighterlife, we were told that if it was too dark we were dehydrated. So like Cheryl said as long as it's showing then that's good.

Ooh I ordered me some of these earlier I can't wait to wee on one!! :D
I also ordered the new atkins book woohoo finally!!

The Go Lower consultants say they are not a reliable indicator of ketosis but couldn't answer the question i asked about ketostix being used by diabetics to indicate a life threatening state (for diabetics only)! what do you think?

my new atkins book came today :)

i use the sticks but sometimes get no reading other times i get a pale pink

TBH , i don't rely on them anymore

I only get pale pink aswell. As long as it's showing some colour at all your okay

Jo I know I've been in ketosis since day 3 but really want to wee on one haha don't ask me why I just find things like that exciting, I'm just strange!! lol :)
Ooh my book should be here tomorrow :D

you're not strange hun , i couldn't wait to wee on then either , i was really excited when it turned pink , was high fiving myself LOL , then the day i got no changed i was raging thinking i'd done something wrong , not worth the stress of it all for me

im going to start my book tomorrow night when i've got more time to read it properly

Ooh good its not just me then! hehe.. I just got an email and my book has been dispatched so will definitely be here tomorrow, can't wait to have a good read

The Go Lower consultants say they are not a reliable indicator of ketosis but couldn't answer the question i asked about ketostix being used by diabetics to indicate a life threatening state (for diabetics only)! what do you think?
Ketosis and ketones are a different thing. I wont bore you with the in's and outs as its all written in the book. If you campared to a diabetic then as our sugar levels would be low we would all be in a diabetic coma.

From what I've read on Google and I'm sure Cheryl will agree, the longer you have been in ketosis, the less results you'll get from your pee sticks as the body adapts to using ketones for energy and therefore adapts to using them better and therefore less are wasted and dispatched in our urine - loads of medical terms there for your Cheryl - not!!! :8855: tell I'm not a paramedic!

lmao, well i enjoyed pee'ing on them yesterday. been on atkins a month now and they were mainly the middle colour.
so bloody cold today

lmao, well i enjoyed pee'ing on them yesterday. been on atkins a month now and they were mainly the middle colour.
so bloody cold today

Me 2.... Me 2..... them and the scales pull me out of bed in the morning. (note to self. Get a life lol :8855:)

Im well dark, well my pee pee stick is! Need to drink more.

FAF ur cold so the WHOOSIE FAIRY is with you!!!! Quick girls, grab it! :D

woof woof x

It's my turn for that bloody fairy!! Give it BACK LOL!

Saying that, I've lost the two pounds I put on from not eating (a bizarre diet when the only time you gain is when you don't eat :D) so maybe you can have her for a LITTLE longer! BUT I STILL WANT HER BEFORE SUNDAY! :p

So it's YOU that's got her! Give her up FAF!! :mad: xx

Back