Kettle bells

mcv

Silver Member
Can some one explain to me about the weights.
I an get a set of 3 a 2, 4 and 6 kg for £10 and a DVD for 99p is this good? Would those weights be fine or not? These are obviously 2 nd hand can't afford to buy new, but don't want to buy them if the weights arnt right, there seems to be a huge range of weight sizes

Or you could go for the Adjustable Kelly Holmes Kettle Bell from Tesco for £12.50 which is 3kg up to 7kg, adds on 1kg each time. I'm got that and think it's really good personally. Depending on your current strength, you probably won't need the 2kg. The DVD I really can't comment on. 99p doesn't seem like much for a decent one but it could be a bargain. What's the DVD?

I'm with Caroline, try the adjustable kelly Holmes one. I love it and you have such scope with it because its adjustable. Hardly takes up any room either. :)

I've got a 2.5kg kettle bell and i'm finding it really hard to do Kettleworx just now with that, probably due to the amount of squats and having bad knees though. I like the sound of the Kelly Holmes adjustable kettle bell, might get that if i finally get into the swing of things! x

mcv said:
Thanks for info guys will have a look in tesco. The DVD is on eBay kettle bell training 2 discs

There are some real good workouts on you tube x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There are some real good workouts on you tube x

I have the Kelly Holmes one and find it really good. I didn't buy a DVD I just watch the routines on you tube as well. Free!!!!!!!

I have been trying to do some kind of routine 5 out of 7 days, is that to much?

My trainer told me that a starting weight for females should be 8kg...! I did a class once and most people started on 8 and one tiny tiny little woman got a 6kg...

I found the 8kg one works well for me. For most people without any significant injuries or illness, 2kg/4kg will be a waste of time.

xsarahx said:
I disagree- 8kg is really very heavy and they suggest that men start on 5 and move on to 10 - so for a woman to start at 8 is too high.

I started on 3, and moved to 4. There is nothing wrong with starting low and moving up - if you start to high, you will either Hirt yourself or find it too hard, not enjoy it, and not be motivated to carry on.

Yea I agree I only moved up to an 8 after Xmas and struggled. It all depends on ur current fitness but if you're not used to weights start light x

hannata said:
My trainer told me that a starting weight for females should be 8kg...! I did a class once and most people started on 8 and one tiny tiny little woman got a 6kg...

I found the 8kg one works well for me. For most people without any significant injuries or illness, 2kg/4kg will be a waste of time.

I agree that a 2kg is very light I didn't use mine at all, but 8kg is too high especially if new to kb's and the moves x

I agree, 2kg is a far too heavy start weight for someone that's done no type of weight lifting before. I started with 4kg and still saw great results so I'm afraid your trainer is wrong lol

Back