Kettlebell workout?

hez

Silver Member
Afternoon everyone. Just a quick question, does anyone know anything about kettlebell workouts? I watched a video on a workout n i kinda liked what i saw. I thought it would help with my bingo wings lol only in the video it didnt say what size kettlebell to use or stuff like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Youd be best going to a class Helen. There's a couple in Listowel. A guy called Trevor does them (or used to). He's great, tell him your new and he'll adjust your exercises accordingly. Best to do it with a professional, you don't want to put your back out!! Im doing Atkins now, getting on well, loving the food and not missing the carbs one bit. Oh and still off the drink!!

Another great class for beginners is Zumba at the Fitness Studio, Listowel. Bit like an energetic dance! Not too drastic though like some Zumbas can be. Mondays and Fridays (again, this is the days it used to be on). This is a great class to get your cardio going but not give you a heart attack!!

Thanks ampsa. My other option was curves in listowel lol just thinking for the future! Atkins diet, idk to much about that. Is it easy to do? Hope your getting on great, keep up the good work :) xxx

Thing is with Zumba its pay as you go and I think so is kettlebells. But you might find you need to buy a membership with Curves and if its not for you then its money down the drain

Sorry I keep posting my threads before they are finished! Atkins is no carbs so no bread, pasta, rice and anything processed really as it contains too much sugar. And no spuds, not many Irish can do it haha!. Plenty of meat, fish, eggs, veg and various other things. The protein keeps you full for longer so I tend to eat a breakfast and then a late lunch / early dinner so Im not overeating. This means I can always have a late night snack if Im peckish. Its perfect for me as I dont have a sweet tooth so I dont miss biscuits etc

Me again haha! Ive been to BallyB gym a few times and its very good. You can buy a block of 8 trips for 50e, thats what it was a couple of years ago. You can also buy blocks of swim and gym where you can workout then go for a cool dip after. Swimming is a perfect beginner exercise, go when its quiet so youre not intimadated

Haha apmsa. I was thinking of the gym/pool. But I'd need to lose a bit more weight before I would embarrass myself down there. If there were no potatoes in our house I think they would all die. Spuds go with everything lol my young fella has them for breakfast some days. xxx

I love the kettle bell! I used to do it quite often with my personal trainer, the one I have at home is 8kg but the weight varies depending on what exercise you're doing and how much muscle you're building ... doing squats I use the 8kg, basically stand shoulders width apart holding the kettle bell with both hands with it hanging between your legs, chin up, bum out and squat until the kettle bell just touches the floor and repeat for 30 seconds with a 10 second rest. Another one you can do it starting off the same, but instead you thrust your hips forward and with your arms straight try to bring the kettle bell to about eye level, again 30 seconds and rest for 10. You can also do it just holding with one hand, exactly the same principle but I'd probably use maybe 4/6kg ... Could go on forever with different exercises, best way is to probably YouTube it!

Thanks beth.m, i had a look on youtube and thought it looked fun lol exercise and fun in the same sentence, who would have thought it lol a lot of people on here seem to do kettlebells. Maybe a personal trainer might not be a bad idea, that way someone is standing over you pushing you :rolleyes: Thats what i need x

Back