kettlebells

yumymumywanabe

Fat be-gone
I was thinking of going out today to get a couple of kettlebells... really need to start strenth training aswell as cardio.. has anyone got/used these? and are there alot of differant workouts for them.. just watched a few vids on them and they seem quite good esp as i dont want to build to much muscle (arnie muscle lol) just tone and strenth,

Also what kinda weight should i be starting with as i dont wanna break anything lol

I was thinking of going out today to get a couple of kettlebells... really need to start strenth training aswell as cardio.. has anyone got/used these? and are there alot of differant workouts for them.. just watched a few vids on them and they seem quite good esp as i dont want to build to much muscle (arnie muscle lol) just tone and strenth,

Also what kinda weight should i be starting with as i dont wanna break anything lol

Hiya, I am doing the KettelWorx DVD's and trying to follow the nutrition plan too. I have a 5lb kettlebell at the moment, but 2 weeks into it, and I think I could probablt do with going up to the next size which is 10lbs. The package I bought was 10 DVD's, plus the kettlebell, and an nutrition E-Book guide. You're supposed to do 3 DVD's a week for 6 weeks, but I'm hoping to keep them going after 6 weeks is up! I really enjoy the workouts. It's one of the first fitness DVD's I've had where I can do every single exercise on it, and I really enjoy them.

The weekly DVD's you do are Cardio, Core and Resistance (for example, I do my Core DVD every Tuesday, Resistance every Thursday and Cardio every Saturday), and you get some bonus DVD's that are for specific areas of the body - which I haven't used yet.

Anyways, they have a website if you wanted to take a look (I'm not sure if I can post it here, so if not, please delete if neede!) www.kettleworx.com

I would definitely recommend it to my friends :)

thanks hun im gonna go and have a look now.. i got a 7.6kg kettlebell (mainly cause its the only 1 they had lol).. will work with that till i need to go abit heavier.. thanks for link, im gonna save it incase it gets deleted x

i havent got kettlebells, but i do have dumbells :)
the ones on the pic Kettlebells vs Dumbbells

when i started doing weights i started at 2.5kg, but now after 3 weeks im up 9kg... :) start with what you can lift safely, dosent mater what weight it is, start at a weight you can lift

I would definately say go with the smallest kettlebells you can, if you are doing the exercises correctly after about 20 minutes your arms will ache lots with larger weights. I do kettlebell class at my local gym once a week and its hard ! Remember to keep a tight grip or they could go flying and knock someone.. haha....

Hiya, I am doing the KettelWorx DVD's and trying to follow the nutrition plan too. I have a 5lb kettlebell at the moment, but 2 weeks into it, and I think I could probablt do with going up to the next size which is 10lbs. The package I bought was 10 DVD's, plus the kettlebell, and an nutrition E-Book guide. You're supposed to do 3 DVD's a week for 6 weeks, but I'm hoping to keep them going after 6 weeks is up! I really enjoy the workouts. It's one of the first fitness DVD's I've had where I can do every single exercise on it, and I really enjoy them.

The weekly DVD's you do are Cardio, Core and Resistance (for example, I do my Core DVD every Tuesday, Resistance every Thursday and Cardio every Saturday), and you get some bonus DVD's that are for specific areas of the body - which I haven't used yet.

Anyways, they have a website if you wanted to take a look (I'm not sure if I can post it here, so if not, please delete if neede!) www.kettleworx.com

I would definitely recommend it to my friends :)

Ooh thanks for this information. I'm also thinking of buying some kettlebells and this has really helped :)

Chelle x said:
Ooh thanks for this information. I'm also thinking of buying some kettlebells and this has really helped :)

You're welcome! I've found the DVDs great! I'm on my 5th week and have lost 11lbs so far! :)

I've been wanting to do them too and great to have come across your recommendation. Have looked at online tutorials and found a couple of good free ones, but the package you got doesn't sound too expensive. Do you think if I just brought a kettlebell and then followed the online tutorials I'd get the same from it or is there something particularly good about the dvd's you got?
Thanks, a great loss!

i dont want to build to much muscle (arnie muscle lol) just tone and strength

I've never used kettleballs but even with conventional weights you wouldn't need to worry about this. Women have a different chemical makeup to men with one difference being much less testosterone so we don't build the same kinds of muscle mass as men. We can still benefit from the same kind of strength training as men with low reps and higher weights.

A good judge of correct weight to use when you first start using weights is if you can do more than 15 reps then it's too light, if on the first set, you can't manage to push out ten without compromising on form then it's too heavy. I recommend using a mirror to watch your form when you do the movements as it's easy to see bad form than feel yourself using bad form.

Depending on your body type you may find that you frequently have to increase the weight you use (every couple of weeks or so).

Anyway, best of luck with your strength training and have fun. :)

I've been wanting to do them too and great to have come across your recommendation. Have looked at online tutorials and found a couple of good free ones, but the package you got doesn't sound too expensive. Do you think if I just brought a kettlebell and then followed the online tutorials I'd get the same from it or is there something particularly good about the dvd's you got?
Thanks, a great loss!

Thank you! I can only go from what I've been doing with the DVD's. The DVD's I use have you working every muscle in the body with the kettlebell. For example, one exercise they do is doing a squat followed by swinging the kettlebell, so that you're working your legs, core, arms, shoulders etc. If you do a search on google for KettleWorx and go on their website, I think they have the advert on the homepage that you can watch to see what the DVD's are like. It won't be for everyone of course, but I've really found that it's something I enjoy doing. :)

i use kettlebells and medicine balls as part of my exercise routine i do about 20-30mins there is some really good sites on the net and it helps to speed up metabolism or so i heard...good luck in using them x

little_miss_somersault said:
i use kettlebells and medicine balls as part of my exercise routine i do about 20-30mins there is some really good sites on the net and it helps to speed up metabolism or so i heard...good luck in using them x

BTW muscle burns much more calories than fat. So it will speed up your metabolism. But the best way to lose weight is diet, but KBs will make you stronger, fitter, more toned. Therefore looking better x

Back