• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Kettleworx/kettlebells

Rissole76

S: 14st3lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
K so after reading some threads on here about people doing these workouts, I've decided to buy the kettleworx set. I sm basically just doing walking as my exercise so this will be a nice addition to get me toned up. Just wanted to let anyone know that was thinking of getting these, I shopped around and found what I thought was a good deal through ideal world ( u know the tv shows that sell stuff like qvc) well online with them they had the six week program, so 4 discs (cardio, resistance, core and intro, plus a free food plan ( I'll stick to what I'm doing though) and a 5lb kettlebell for £35 + £6 postage. Quite a good price as elsewhere they seem alot more expensive

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Donzy84

Back to basics
S: 12st13lb C: 10st3lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 2st10lb(20.99%)
hiya,

i'm thinking about doing kettlebells, hows it going?

Rissole76

S: 14st3lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Still waiting for them to arrive! Argh! Can't wait to start as I've been reading a thread on minimins called "the secret to shaping up" started by a lady called kron who's gone from a size 16 to a 6, only using kettlebells! And there are quite a few others on there with fab results too! So I can't wait for them to arrive

Donzy84

Back to basics
yes same one i've been reading!!! got a 5lb one in post so might just try utube for now...

happyhippo

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 10st5lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I got a good deal from argos, 5lb one for £5.00 so i bought 2 ,;) still not sure how to use them though :D

Donzy84

Back to basics
Yea u saw the 5kg one for a fiver but don't think I'm ready for that so ordered a 5lb one from eBay, gonna do some from YouTube when it comes then if I like it will get kettleworx come pay day

Donzy84

Back to basics
happyhippo said:
I am going to use utube first too :D
Have u checked out the other kettlebell thread? They have loads of YouTube suggestions, mine arrived today so gonna try when kids r in bed x

Donzy84

Back to basics
Loved the KB! Did the lauren brook one from youtube am aching today... Don't think the 5lb will last me long though don't really feel the swings.

S: 15st0lb C: 14st4lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.9 Loss: 0st10lb(4.76%)
I've been thinking of this too - reading the same thread haha! It is very inspiring - I'm a size 16 now, would only dream of being a size 6! (Although I am 5"11 so a size 6 would probably look pretty terrifying!)

How have you found it? It looks so complicated! They've got 2.5kg, 5kg & 7kg bells on argos for £19.99 so I was thinking maybe going for that...what do you think?

I have this strange feeling in my head that intense 'firming' exercises like that will 'firm' my fat into solid and I'll never get it off - excuses excuses eh? (I understand this is a ridiculous concept :D)

Donzy84

Back to basics
I've been thinking of this too - reading the same thread haha! It is very inspiring - I'm a size 16 now, would only dream of being a size 6! (Although I am 5"11 so a size 6 would probably look pretty terrifying!)

How have you found it? It looks so complicated! They've got 2.5kg, 5kg & 7kg bells on argos for £19.99 so I was thinking maybe going for that...what do you think?

I have this strange feeling in my head that intense 'firming' exercises like that will 'firm' my fat into solid and I'll never get it off - excuses excuses eh? (I understand this is a ridiculous concept :D)

Haha that made me laugh :rolleyes:, i've only done one workout online so far and it killed the next day (but in the good sense coz i felt like i'd done something).
Basically if you have some muscle even when your not exercising your body uses more energy so its a win win situation. I've been looking for some kettlebells too, from what i can work out from the other thread the vinyl ones can be very bulky so can make some of the exercises trickier, i got a 5lb off ebay for 5.99 and £2 postage, it does seem a bit light though, but ideal for arm work (i've seriously weak arms!).
I'd never be a size 6, my bones are massive!!! smallest i've ever been is a 10 which i'd be more than happy with, seems a long way off though after two kiddies :family2:

Let me know how you get on, and check out some youtube vids thats what i'm doing before i invest loads of money

happyhippo

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 10st5lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Have u checked out the other kettlebell thread? They have loads of YouTube suggestions, mine arrived today so gonna try when kids r in bed x

Hi can you direct me to the other kettlebell thread please. I also found a kettlebell workout on the fitness channel on sky

Donzy84

Back to basics
Can't do it on phone but search kettlebells and thread is called secret to shaping up x

LittleSis

Silver Member
S: 12st3lb C: 12st3.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 33.5 Loss: -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
I think the thread your looking for is posted by Kron :)