KFC or Chinese?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by CuddlePaws, 28 November 2008 Social URL.

1. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Ok guys, please help me out here, which of these is the worst to have? I'm not about to binge on either don't worry lol, but i'm having a debate with a friend and she reckons the KFC has more fat than chinese food!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Depends what youre having. A lot of Chinese food isnt bad fat wise. Personally of the 2 Id go for chinese every time. Points wise on WW I can have a whole portion of Chicken Chow Mein for the same points value as 3 strips of chicken.

4. spod

spod needs to get out more!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.88%)
    I think I remember reading of all the take away food stuffs KFC is the worst with the highest amount of fat. (I think I read it in a WW thing)... it is definitly worse than Chinese (but Indian is the best - depending on what you have obviously!)

xx

5. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hm theres no getting away from the fact that I love special fried rice, I just can't buy boiled rice, I could cook boiled rice at home ! :( I wonder if egg fried rice is a bit better?? My god I must be hungry, im finding all kinds of ways to get around eating something tasty!!

6. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Indian is better than chinese? I bet korma isnt, :( I think we're having a take away tonight, im trying to decide how to compromise!

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id disagree there. Id avoid Indian like the plague. Again using WW as a guide, a lot of Indian dishes are around 15 - 22 (or more points) whereas you can get a Chinese meal for under 10.

As soon as you put sauce on an Indian dish the fat and cals go through the roof sadly

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  9. spod

spod needs to get out more!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.88%)
    I thought I read in WW stuff that chicken tikka (not masala) was the lowest points?? - I do agree that its the sauces that add the points tho. I always used to have the dry chicken tikka, the salad and some rice and that was not too bad on calories.

Egg fried rice isnt too bad for you (if you cook it at home & use spray oil), but I doubt takeaways do somehow.....

10. charliegirl

charliegirl Silver Member

Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Have to agree with starlight, Indian is by far the worst as they cook with Ghee.....obviously if you have chicken without the sauce it is better as its the sauce that carries the cals....your all making me hungry now and I cant have any of it with the bypass...so far today I have had a few spoons of porridge, milky coffee, some prawns with chilli dipping sauce and a small slice of wholemeal bread and when I say some about 8 prawns...followed by a few spoons of spag bol....and thats all day!....one of my cats eats more than me!....but its all in a good cause...xx

11. bluet

bluet Banned

I think KFC foods have more fat then chinese foods. But its still depends on what is the menu it self. If you order some salads and soup, and its better than a fatty fried chicken.

12. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for those links starlight! Yes, I think KFC is about as bad as it gets! I've been good so far, no take away in the end! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.