Kia Kaha

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi ladies - as suggested by Tipp - this is a thread for any sort of chat to help support each other in our ongoing battle with weight loss.

"Kia kaha" means "keep strong" in Maori :)

hope this is OK to post here, but I find replacing high calorie/fat foods with nice alternatives really helps me stay on track.

A month or so ago I discovered some truly delicious sausages that are only 72 calories for 2. They are called Heck sausages and their chicken versions are really nice. By this I mean normal food nice, not diet food that you try to pretend taste good

the link is http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=497624 - I get them in my Ocado delivery but I am sure other retailers sell them

Tesco sell them too. I am going to try yet again to lose the last 12 lbs. It is NOT easy. I have been on this plateau for so long I had all but given up. It's the wine that does me in.......I have to admit to being something of a lush! I have the added burden of having an underweight husband who gives me grief.....ah well.....I shall try try again. x:rolleyes:

upload_2017-6-28_13-29-42.png

I find that I fall when emotions hit....be it celebratory, stress, sadness, anger..... This week has been a feeling of mainly anger. I had a set-to with a woman at work, she is really rude and took a tone with me which I didn't appreciate. It made me so angry - as in who does she think she is?! There are so many things I would like to say to her, but I can't.

I think I feel generally un-supported and like I am being made a mug out of by a few people, my husband was one of them people, over the weekend, but we are ok now.

Its led to anger-eating! F__ it eating!

I am feeling better today as we get to the hump of the week. I sneaked a mid-week WI and I am down from last Friday, which is a miracle as I have not been pointing my food at all.

KIA KAHA!

F__ it eating! KIA KAHA!

Ah yes I know it well! Just got to try and have healthy stuff on hand for those moments - maybe get some carrot and celery sticks and as you're crunching through them, imagine it's the sound of Horrible Work Woman's fingers breaking :D

Reactions: Hoz
Oooo I tried hecknsausage s the other day, didn't realise they were low cal... happy days! Thanks for the tip xxx

I always struggle to stay strong at the weekends. It wouldn't be so bad if I only had one night 'off' but I always turn it into the whole weekend, I don't know how I talk myself into it :whip:. I normally buy myself a share sized bag of sweets Friday (because this week I'll definitely be good and make them last a few days). Then quite often the same again Saturday but with crisps and a few drinks! Today though I bypassed the sweetie aisle and I've made little chocolate jellies instead so at least it's off to a better start than normal.

Back