Kidding myself about superfree!

*Emsie*

Gold Member
When I was sorting my lunch this morning to take to work it dawned on me that I have not been eating enough superfree with my meals.
I do eat superfree, lots of fruit as snacks and do have some with my meals but I think if I am being honest with myself I have let it slip and not been using the third with meals rule to help myself fill up and limit the portions of the other parts of my meal.
I am going to make a concious effort to sort this out it might be a bit late for this weeks weigh in(Thursday) but fingers crossed it will help with next weeks and I can get back into good habits!
Might have to look closer and see if theres any other areas I've been kidding myself in as well!
As I say to my daughter/sons....never kid a kidder! So need to stop kidding myself!

Good luck (and well done for admitting it) - I bet you'll see a difference on the scales next week

I started making lunch mainly superfree, so a soup/stew/curry etc.
Breakfast... Well if I eat anymore mushrooms and tomatoes ill be ill so I buy frozen berries and have them with a muller light.

I started making lunch mainly superfree, so a soup/stew/curry etc.
Breakfast... Well if I eat anymore mushrooms and tomatoes ill be ill so I buy frozen berries and have them with a muller light.

I love frozen berries, they're great to throw in with a mullerlight, or porridge or rice pud. I always use them towards the end of the week before we do a shop, but they're also great just to add when I fancy them. They go well with banana's as well

I think I may be guilty of the same thing eating them but not enough. Picked up a handy tip in class this week, eat your 3rd superfree first and then start with whats left on your plate, often you are too full to finish but at least you have eaten your superfree - result the girl who gave the tip lost 5 1/2 lb this week and shes already at target. So im gonna give it a try

I'm not great at having the 1/3 on my plate at every meal :( if I have a curry or something there is some in there but probably not 1/3 lol today when I had pasta salad for lunch I made a conscious effort to fill 1/3 of my plate with sliced tomatoes before I put the pasta on so I know what to do, I can do it, just sometimes it doesn't work out like that!! Its easier with meals like sunday lunches and cottage pie, things we have with veg

I am the same, but at the moment we have so much home grown veg its coming out our ears soup all the way !!!!!!

My problem is I hate waste so even if I gave myself a smaller portion of free food etc and ate my superfree first, I'd probably still b inclined to eat the rest as I don't want to waste it-I know that sort of defeats the purpose, but I suppose if the free food portion is smaller, and so long as I'm not eating until I'm completely stuffed, then hopefully il be ok-if it affects weight loss il just reduce the free food and increase the superfree

My problem is I hate waste so even if I gave myself a smaller portion of free food etc and ate my superfree first, I'd probably still b inclined to eat the rest as I don't want to waste it-I know that sort of defeats the purpose, but I suppose if the free food portion is smaller, and so long as I'm not eating until I'm completely stuffed, then hopefully il be ok-if it affects weight loss il just reduce the free food and increase the superfree

That's the same as me. .... working hard on decreasing portion sizes. ... and increasing my superfree.

Lots of ladies use smaller plates now so less food and its working a treat for them. Its what works for individuals I just need to boost my superfree end of lol and my fluid intake i dont drink nearly enough

Lots of ladies use smaller plates now so less food and its working a treat for them. Its what works for individuals I just need to boost my superfree end of lol and my fluid intake i dont drink nearly enough

Yup I do that sometimes and it works well, it's surprising how much if it is psychological-like, il be full on a smaller portion as long as my plate seems full. Saying that, I did the small plate thing because I was on weightwatchers, the portion of SW chile I had last night definitely wasn't on a small plate lol, ooops! Was full of superfree though

Thats the good thing about SW you can pack your meals out with lots of superfree so that it keeps you fuller for longer, I was always hungry when I did WW

Yeah it's great, itl just take me a while to get to the point where I don't feel 'bad' because even though its a big portion, there's loads more veg than I ever would have eaten

My plate is usually packed with veg lol OH keeps saying how the hell you gonna eat all that - I say "watch me" lol

This is exactly where I went wrong in week 3, I stopped eating veg and salad because I can't stand it, did eat fruit but obviously that doesn't make up for missing so much veg. I was so confused when I gained half a pound that week, so now I eat lots of veg, I just try to eat it before I eat my meat as a 'reward' :D

Back