Kids birthday Party

hchappyh

Silver Member
Just got home from a 6 year olds birthday party. I was prepared not to eat all the usual kiddies birthday food. You know the stuff, sausage rolls, crisps, cakes, sweets, popcorn etc etc...This was not the problem. All that was there and I was happy to ignore it...the problem came when the family who are Jamaican brought out all this beautiful smelling Jamaican food. Peas and rice, curried goat, another rice dish, sweetcorn fritta things and the list goes on and on....so much food, didn't know where to look. Well, I didn't want to be rude and not taste any of it - afterall when in 'Rome' (or Jamaica). The problem was With Go Lower no carbs....I wasn't hungry, but how to resist..Well I didn't. It was all deliciously mouthwatering. Dreading weigh in next week, hopefully not too much damage done, but for the rest of the day, who knows what may/may not happen....

Oh yeah, another kiddie party tomorrow - HELP!

Just thought I'd share...

xx

It sounds fantastic......apart from the curried goat :eek: Did you try that? I'm a vegetarian anyway, but I don't think even if I was a meat eater that I could bring myself to eat goat.

Don't worry about indulging yourself. It's just one day. As long as tomorrow's kiddies party isn't another Jamaican one you're gonna be ok as you can clearly say no to the sausage rolls and crisps and cakes....

;)

Don't worry about indulging yourself. It's just one day. As long as tomorrow's kiddies party isn't another Jamaican one you're gonna be ok as you can clearly say no to the sausage rolls and crisps and cakes....

;)

This!

We all deserve party days from time to time, don't worry to much about it;)
Hchappyh, good luck for tomorrow, you can handle it:)

Happy

so long as you get back into the Go Lower diet I am sure you will be fine for weigh in. Goat is meat, so hopefully it is full of protein and not carbs...... I won't get into the rice discussion though!

Lucky

I don't know if you have ever eaten meat but I have eaten goat and I was told it was lamb. To me it just tasted like a bit of meat, probably more roast beef than lamb. It was only after I had finished it I was told what it was......

Hi All.
Thanks for the encouragement. Well I didn't eat the goat - having never had it before, and the fact that I didn't know anyone at the party and it was all eaten using fingers or a spoon, wasn't sure how to eat politely!! It did look and smell nice though. Hopefully my daughter will be invited next year and I'll have a taste then..

As for the party on Sunday, I couldn't resist all the home made cakes. They were calling out to me...had far too many. But I did enjoy them! Hoping I've got them out of my system now as another birthday party after school today! I've got to stay at this one as helping out and both my 3 yr old and 6 yr old will be there! Oh well, it's only food. Back to Go Lower proper tomorrow...dreading weigh in on Thursday now. It may be the first time since starting Go Lower I won't have lost. Lets keep our fingers crossed it won't be toooo bad!

xx

Happy

I am sure as you have been good the rest of the time you will still have a loss. As you may remember while I was away I didn't stick to Go Lower for two weeks and didn't have a single gain.

Just remember you will probably go into keotosis again as I guess as you have cheated with the cakes etc you may have come out of it. So long as you enjoyed them! Enjoy todays party as well as after tomorrow I will start to nag you if you don't get back into it because you have been doing so well.

In a day or two you will be back where you were and feeling great and knowing that you had a couple of days cheating will be at the back of your mind and you just focus on your next weigh in!

Hi Suzy...

Yep am definately out of ketosis. Have got home from the birthday party tonight - eaten pizza, cakes, ice-cream etc etc. Even brought some b'day cake home for me (not the OH as he is out watching yet more footie!) and now the kids are in bed...oh dear... Will have to start again tomorrow...Hope I've been lucky like you. I guess if you didn't gain over a 2 week holiday, I've got a good chance of not gaining (don't mind staying the same) if I've just had a few bad days.

Here's to getting back on track and ketosis!

xx

Hi Happy

So long as you enjoyed the party!

I hope you are now ready to get back on track and into keotosis. Don't forget to drink loads as I really found that helped with the first few days of getting back into it.

If you feel you need any support drop me a line but I am sure you will be fine as you have been doing Go Lower for a while now so you know how easy it is.

Thanks Suzy for the support. I know how easy it is to get back into the swing of things, so today have been really good even though I feel awful - my little one has got a cold and as I've taught him to share, he did - absolutely full of it now so not eating much anyway. At least that will help with getting back into ketosis....and Yes I am drinking loads, honey and lemon to help me out....

How are you doing now the boys are back?

xx

Diet wise I am being really good and sticking to Go Lower really well.

I had a small problem last night I went to an opening night of a new restaurant. We got there after the food samples were finished so I wasn't even tempted. The problem is what to drink? I ended up having two bitter lemons and I even asked if they did diet ones but they didn't.

The only diet drink was coke and I can't bear that. If I drink coke it has to be the proper full fat stuff and I know I can not drink that anymore as I am totally addicted. I just worry about what having a drink like that does to keotosis?

Maybe I will call Go Lower today and have a chat with my consultant.

I wish you better and hope you feel well soon. As you said you kids have to share!!!

Suzy

Wow a restaurant opening sounds good. You were good though to arrive after the samples - not sure if I could've done that!! Well done you.

I would call your consultant re: drinking as not sure what really happens. As it was a one off, it may not do too much damage. Call anyway, that's what they are there for.

Still feel awful, but must be getting over the worst of it now.

xx

It wasn't planned to miss the food samples!

I had a meeting at the school which I had to go to first and that is why I was late.

As I said though at least I wasn't tempted to cheat and as I have been so good with sticking to Go Lower recently I am glad I didn't get to even think about trying any food.

I haven't called my Go Lower consultant yet, you know how it is with kids and being distracted, but I will as I would like to know.

I hope your shift your cold soon and feel great.

Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Some days it feels as if I have no life as everything is based around the boys but like you I wouldn't have it any other way!

Life based around the family - take yesterday as an example - I've been soo busy - work, then collect my youngest from nursery, went to a friends had a quick bite of lunch (took a smoked haddock soup pouch with me!) left my son there, went back to work to help out in the afternoon, then collect my little one, then collected my daughter and her friend, got home gave the kids a snack and made dinner, then took the kids to rainbows, got home finished cooking the dinner, then collected the girls from rainbows, got home, handed over my daughters friend to her mum, ate dinner, kids to bed, cleared up and bed....wow what a day - taxi and work and they say stay at home mums all they do is lunch - would love to know when?? All I can say it's a good thing I don't need to think about my food, otherwise not sure when I would get round to cooking and eating it as well as do everyone elses?!

xx

I am so lucky my parents do my child care as they do the school pick ups. I just have to collect them after work and then get them home for hubby to feed them. (I will occasionally cook for them but not often.) At least I can microwave my Go Lower meal when it suits me!

They are not doing other activities yet but that will all start soon...... I keep meaning to get my son signed up for Beavers as I think he can start that soon. Then I guess I can forget about having a life at all!

You really are lucky that your parents are your childcare....it must take a load of your mind, knowing they are looked after properly.. Typing on here is my time to myself -I've already done a mornings work, taken to-from nursery and a tesco shop and lunch and within the next 40mins or so got to do the school run and then the rest of kiddies stuff...oh well I wanted to be a mum!

xx

I know I am lucky that the child care stays in the family and as my mum did an OK job bringing me up, I tdon't worry about the boys. She has even taken them to the doctors if I am working.
Very tired today so I am grateful I can cook my Go Lower meal very quickly in the microwave soon and then have an early night!

Being a mum certainly has it joys and they do make us laugh.

By the time I picked up the kids I had a second wind on Friday and it was just as well because we had company for the weekend.

A friend of mine from Aussie stayed and he and hubby spent all day Saturday putting the boys new beds together..... so much for me showing him the sites. We went out Sunday but then it stared to rain so not much fun!

He may be back next weekend before he flies home so hopefully we can do something a bit touristy then!

I can't even remember which Go Lower meal I had now, my memory worries me sometimes!

Back