Kids Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fizzy, 20 September 2008.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member

What do you do if your little one asks for something you can't afford, do you tell them (from Santa) or make excuses or what?
  2. KD

KD Gone fishing

Depends on how little.

If it's an under 5, I'd probably just say "Is that what you would like:cool:?"

End of subject. Have acknowledged and understood what they are telling me they want, without promising anything from anyone

Probably be all forgotten about by tomorrow morning anyway.
  3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

It is good for kids to learn that they can't always get everything they want just because they have asked, even at christmas.
  4. debz32

debz32 Well-Known Member

I always told mine that I had to pay Santa :rolleyes: and that all the boys and girls in the world were asking for Santa had lots to go round.....

Debz x
  5. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member

Shes 6 and doesn't change her mind as her Christmas list is a very thought out thing. I don't normally get everything on her list (leave off a couple of little things) as its just a suggestion to Santa (and want her to know its not a list of demands), but can I not get her a main present that shes asked for?
  6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

How realistic is it that you could save up for it and get it for her? If you can manage to get it without it causing much more than a small belt tighten then I would say get it. Even if you are still paying for it in January it would be worth it for the joy it would bring her if it is something she really really wants
  7. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member

Im not sure Taz, we live on a budget anyway. I have texted her dad and asked about a contribution, not sure how that will go down as he doesn't see her. Im going to see if I can sell some stuff on ebay too and shes given me some toys that are too young for her to sell to help with the bills (how cute is that).
  8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Would it be too rude to ask what it is she wants?
  9. Annie 100

Annie 100 Likes to chat

I really think at that age what she wants in September is not going to be what she wants by Christmas, especially once the TV ads start in earnest. Just hold fire for awhile, put aside what you can and see what the situation is nearer the's WAY TOO EARLY to be talking about Christmas!!
  10. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

When my 2 sons were small, every toy advert that came on the telly they would say that they would love that for xmas, what we used to do was tell them that we bought the presents and sent them to Santa who would deliver them with an extra present from him, so to pick things that they really wanted and they would get a good selection of them. It helped them understand that they couldn't always get everything they wanted and they really do appreciate things even now and they are 19 and 15 years of age. xxx
  11. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

my daughter shes 5 , everything she sees on the adverts she says I want that , I say well you will have to see what you get . They just don't understand lol ... Say make a list and put down the things you really want , but you may not get all of them , then that way he or she knows
  12. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Well-Known Member

I also look on USA websites, you can find that stuff over there is really cheap and even with shipping is very good. A lot of my stuff is coming from there
  13. thembie

thembie Well-Known Member

Which websites do you use hun?

Much love

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

You have to be very careful as I have done that before and you hink you have paid for everything then an tax bill arrives. It can make it more expensive than paying full price over here