Kimberleyski is going to get there!

Kimberleyski

:wave_cry: Right here's my story I'm Kim - Hi all! I am very soon to be 30 (Sssh don't say it too loud and it won't happen)! I went on Cambridge back in 2008 and loved it! I lost a total of 4 stone and considering I have done every diet in the book that was a huge acheivement never lost anymore than a stone on anything else.
So I pretty much got to goal and felt amazing got soooo many compliments. I never did do maintenance which I do kind of regret but if my weight started creeping up I used to go back on Cambridge - not the best way I know but it did work for me, I was never going to go back to my pre-cambridge weight.

Then me and my OH James decided to try for a baby, it took 3 weeks and I was pregnant we were very very lucky! And we felt it was a sign that it was meant to be. For the first 5 months of my pregnancy I felt horrendous, had horrible morning sickness, craved anything bad to help me, and so I ate anything and everything. I never weighed myself once during pregnancy in my head I was pregnant and it's the one and only time in my life it was fine to eat what I wanted. I then had problems with my pelvis which meant I wasn't very mobile for the last 4 months and gave me a excuse to sit and eat some more!

I felt like I'd lost 4 stone before I can do it again once I have had my baby and all will be fine. I'll be so busy with baby I won't even have time to eat!

I had Charlotte on 18th Feburary via emergency C-Section in the end, and me and James were over the moon. It doesn't matter if I'm fat I thought I've just had a baby! And so 6 weeks of sitting on my bum while re-cupererating from my C-Section I ate some more (I'm BF right got to keep my strength up lol)

So after many a lunch out during my maternity leave and endless Starbucks Charlotte gets to 5 months old and I think I've got to do something about this and Cambridge is def the way to go, by the time I go back to work in 6 months I'll be lovely and slim and they'll all say how fab I look.

So I find myself a new CDC as my old one had moved away, and tell her I am desperate to start there and then, and I do. I didn't want to know how much I weighed that would just depress me and I already knew I was fat!

My CDC is fab, but after far too many meals out with other mums and of course Starbucks before I know it it's xmas, and I have been on Cambridge for a week here and there but never stuck to it! I am a huge cheater, I think I can cheat the system by eating meat and cheese and the weight will still drop off. Wrong!

Came back to work in January huge with no work clothes and felt so self conscious. So the day I came back to work I decided to start again, thinking this time, the routine etc. of work will really help me. And it did for a couple of weeks and before I knew it the vending machine was calling me and I answered and there goes the vicious circle.......

I am back on and have been back on since Thursday with shakes I already have. So seeing the CDC on Thursday. Still don't know how much I weigh not sure if I will find out or not, as it just depresses me and it seems like such a mountain to climb.

I have made a vow to do it properly from the start - 3litres of water a day (I'm normally rubbish with water) 3 shakes a day and that's it!
I am guessing I have about 7 stone to lose this time, which seems massive, but the longer I dither around the longer I will be fat. And I don't want to be fat for Charlotte.

My Best Friend started last week too and I have to beat her lol so there's hopefully a nice bit of healthy competition......

Sorry didn't mean to waffle so much then, just throught a diarywill help me vent and keep me on track! Fingers Crossed anyway!

So far so good today, had 2 shakes at work today and normally only do 1 but am going out for a drink tonight (water obviously) and I thought if I don't have 2 I won't be able to fit them all in.

The Vending Machine called again today!!!! But I shouted back at it - No you can't tempt me! lol.

Hopefully I can carry on feeling this motivated?

Hey =) Keeping a diary has helped me loads so hopefully it will help you too.. make sure you keep yelling back at that vending machine and you will do great. Best of luck.

Thanks Yolande. Well I had a tiny slip up with some ham last night coz I really am rubbish. But never mind, need to move on.....
Went to the pub and was very good. It's weird I just feel like it's a constant fight, sometimes I'm thinking I'm going to eat something really bad sod it and then something says no don't ruin it. Sometimes that voice wins and sometimes it doesn't.
I know a lot of people get this but I remember the first time I did Cambridge nothing could have tempted me, there wasn't even a question about whether I was going to eat something or not, I 100% stuck to the rules.
So for all you first timers out there, stick to it the first time and get it done! It's so much harder to stop start stop start like me. Lol

Oh well I just need to get on with it, the longer I mess around the longer it will take me and I will get annoyed and I've got a best friend to beat!
And I don't want to have another fat summer!
Downloaded the waterlogged app onto my phone last night so I can track today's water. And if I really struggle today I will treat myself to a coke zero (not strictly allowed I know)

Have a good day everyone.

Rubbish, just realised I forgot my shakes today and never have one before I leave for work. So to make today even harder I need to survive the day on water, coffee, peppermint tea (and maybe a sneaky coke zero)
It's a challenge should I choose to accept it...........

I have failed already, not going to say what I had in case it tempt anyone but I certainly am officially rubbish!

I think I need to re-assess the situation here. I need to work out the bad times, and think what I can do about them.
I also think one of the problems might be that I actually haven't weighed in with my CDC as yet as I have just done the first week with shakes I already had. So in my head I'm not going to see a loss because I didn't know what I was before I started, and I'm thinking it doesn't matter.

Seeing my CDC tomorrow, so hopefully that should help things. I am doing much better with the water at the moment, which I shall pat myself on the back for.

I forgot my shakes today, and that sent me off track so I must remember them in the future. I might bring a stock into work so there are always some here.
One of my worst times of the day is the afternoon, so I need to recognize that and have more water poss another shake or even half my shake. Failing that I will have a coke zero. I will promise myself I will try all those things.
My next worst time is as soon as I get in from work, I pick my daugher up from childminders, come in and get started on her dinner straight away. That's my picking time, I never pick at her dinner because I batch cook healthy stuff for her and freeze it so I'm not cooking it all from stratch. But while I'm waiting for it to cool down I pick from the fridge, bits of ham and cheese here and there and sometimes some dried fruit which is even worse as I know it will bring me out of ketosis.

I might think about having 4 a day I am right on the verge of needing them as I am 5'8 so before I did it on 3 a day but have always been told I can have 4 if I need. Maybe at the moment I do.
At the moment I have my first shake about 12 midday and then don't have anything else until about 7 when my OH has his dinner, I normally have porridge and then before bed I have a shake made into hot chocolate.
Maybe somedays I will need a fourth when I get back in from work with my daughter an extra shake might stop me from picking. . . .

Or another option might be to buy some slim and save bars as Cambridge ones are so expensive and I don't actually like them that much. And then when I get in from work I can have a bar.

My posts in here seem to be getting ridiculously long, I sure can waffle!

Positivity today! I have remembered my shakes. I am drinking a black tea. My water bottle is filled up. And I am seeing my CDC later.

It's all good!

Kimberleyski said:
Positivity today! I have remembered my shakes. I am drinking a black tea. My water bottle is filled up. And I am seeing my CDC later.

It's all good!

Hi just been reading through ur diary!! Lol really enjoyed it, we all have our moments but the main thing is u have not given up! So chin up, I'm sure u will be just fine, u know u can have drop of milk in tea n coffee, really does not make a difference... Ok so best of luck n I'm
Sure with all ur will power u will loose all ur weight n beat the vending machine lol!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello :wavey:

I've got a feeling you're going to do really well on this diet.. and do you know why I think that?

Let me share with you my little thoughts..:secret:

It's going to be all about learning to love yourself and to like yourself.. :flowers:

coz I really am rubbish. But never mind, need to move on.....

I have failed already, not going to say what I had in case it tempt anyone but I certainly am officially rubbish!

..instead of thinking of yourself as rubbish, and ending up being so down on yourself (if that doesn't make us want to comfort eat, I don't know what would).. it's about learning to give yourself a big loving hug!! :bighug:

..then you're less likely to fall into the trap of "being good" or "being rubbish" :devilangel:

we're human, we have strengths.. you have all sorts of wonderful beautiful creative and admirable qualities.. I think if we recognise them, we start to feel better about ourselves and more confident and then we find these challenges so much more manageable..

all the very best.. and keep us posted

x

Thank you for your encouragement it certainly helps to think people are behind me, and might be checking in my diary to see how I have done.

So far so good today, one bottle of 750ml water down. 2 black teas and that is all! I am going to mark that as the first acheivement of the day! :D

Whoop whoop - Fridaaaaaaaaay! Am feeling very positive today, yesterday went pretty well. Saw my CDC last night and she is very good. Motivated me and gave me a little speech which has def helped.

1 cup of black coffee so far today, and water bottle filled.......

Good luck everyone!

Kimberleyski said:
Whoop whoop - Fridaaaaaaaaay! Am feeling very positive today, yesterday went pretty well. Saw my CDC last night and she is very good. Motivated me and gave me a little speech which has def helped.

1 cup of black coffee so far today, and water bottle filled.......

Good luck everyone!

Good luck Kimberleyski you can do you dine it before and can again just get passed first four days your be fine no cheating! X

Another quick diary check in. So far so good. 2 coffees, 2 teas, 2l of water and a chocolate tetra.

Will need to remember to have another shake before I leave work today as I am at the theatre tonight and won't have time this evening to have my porridge and shake. So the porridge will have to go!

Am absolutely freezing at work, but that's a sign of ketosis for me, so it's a good sign!

Printed off a couple of my skinny pics and am going to put one in my wallet, and one on the fridge to remind me not to pick at the naughty cheese!!

On a good note, the vending machine is out of order. Ha ha ha you have lost your ability to shout at me!!!! Might kick when I go past just to make sure it feels even worse about itself! :p

So happy you are getting on much better maybe it just took ur head longer to get set into CD and i am a first timer and i have been advised by everyone to stay at it while i have this will power cos coming back is harder than starting it in the first place i have 2 friends who are struggling to get back on it!! Keep up the good spirit being and feeling positive defo helps and it seems seeing a cdc has helped loads to so YAY keep it up x

Weekend check in! All good today but maybe not so good on the water. I'm always a bit rubbish with water at weekends.
2 of my friends had cake and I had black coffee! Yay go me!

I make cakes as a bit of a hobby and am getting orders from the outside world now! Bit of an ambition to own a cake shop. Donated a cake to a charity raffle today and did no even think about eating any of the off cuts!

Am feeling proud of myself !!

Hope you all had a good weekend. Food wise mine was excellent no picking for me! Have not had any cheats!!! It's been a long time since I could say that!!!
Good day today too, not enough water though need to concentrate on drinking more!
Looking forward to Thursday, hopefully the scales show me a good result !

Wednesday! Half way through the week and weigh in tomorrow! So far so good. Really feel as though my head is in the game, hopefully the scales show a good result tomorrow. Really need to up my water today though. It is the one thing I struggle with the most.

Made a cupcake bouquet last night for an order and didn't even think about eating a cake. A def new first for me!

Now feel confident to carry on with all my other cake orders, as I was bit worried it may make me fall off the wagon. But I can apparently do it.........I don't even think about them as food. Just art!

Hope you're all doing well and the pounds are falling off fast!

Whoop whoop weigh in last night and lost 5lbs. Happy with that. It was a second week weigh in as I did the first week with shakes I already had. But then stupidly didn't weigh myself at home, so have no idea how much I lost in the second week.

But I think 5lbs loss in the second week is pretty good, has spurred me on for another week!
And it's Fridaaaaay! Yay, good news all round......

Have missed out a few days on here, but all is still going well. Have been rubbish with the water as per usual.

Have weigh in tonight a day earlier than normal. For some reason I don't feel as though it's going to be a good one I'm not sure why? But the scales will tell later I guess......

Hope you're asll doing well!

Back