Kinda lost..

Dizzp

I started my diet/exericse 4 months ago, I started at 85-86kg and now i'm 77kg.

When I first started my diet, I was able to work out how many calories I needed to lose weight, but now, I can't seem to figure it out.. I've gone through online calculators and somehow I just can't understand it..Sounds really dumb, but can someone help me out here?

I'm

-17 years old,

-Male, 5"10 (179 cm),

-77kg( 170lbs),

I exercise on a stationary bike, doing 36 minutes, 6 days a week, going at 9-10 mphs at a (4/8) difficulty setting

Can anyone work out how many calories I need daily to lose weight?

P.S.. My weight has been fluxating..Over the past month I've gone from 78kg to 77, to 79 to 76 then again to 77.. I really don't understand it, I eat all the same foods, exercise the same 6 days a week, same effort.

Do I need to add more minutes Or work more intensively to loose more weight?

How much weight are you wanting to lose? For someone of your height you are already at a healthy weight, certainly not overweight. Not to mention that at 17 your body will still be developing. To be honest I would forget about losing weight for the moment and focus instead on fitness targets and introducing different exercises into your regime. Look at some weight training and cardiovascular exercise other than the bike.

How much weight are you wanting to lose? For someone of your height you are already at a healthy weight, certainly not overweight. Not to mention that at 17 your body will still be developing. To be honest I would forget about losing weight for the moment and focus instead on fitness targets and introducing different exercises into your regime. Look at some weight training and cardiovascular exercise other than the bike.
My goal weight is maybe 70kg? Depends..Also, my height and weight do say that I'm not overweight, but I am..I'm not the type of person to say "oh wow im so fat" when if the person is skinny. Litreally, I have ALOT of weight to lose, the numbers mean nothing. :/

Sometimes its about tricking your body to lose weight especially if you don't have too much to lose. Don't skip meals - eat little and often to keep your metabolism boosted. I know that people will tell you that at your age you don;t need to lose weight - but if you are uncomfortable with yourself then i can understand why you do want to lose a few kgs. have you tried a different exercise? Maybe some weights to tone you up and bit might make a difference to your physique without having to lose to much weight? Emms x

i agree with patchwork, you are in a reasonably healthy weight range - albeit at the heavy side of it. Men are supposed to be slightly leaner than women so maybe you are looking on the lower side, perhaps 10.5/11 stone? Nothing wrong with aiming for that and seeing how you go... just don't go under it!

I know it shouldn't be right that a 17 year old male has to worry about his weight, but I give you kudos. Far too many young people don't care and end up mid 20s/30s with a massive amount of weight to lose! (im guilty of that)

Myfitnesspal.com is a great tool if you want to calorie count, it will be able to tell you what you are able to eat on a daily basis, and has a database full of food values (its free as well). Chances are being the young buck you are you will get plenty of calories and it should be managable enough.

Very important that you DO NOT starve yourself as your body is still growing and developing.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Back