kindle fire HD

Rochelle1

Gold Member
Anyone got one? Comments and opinions? Really want one but unsure...

My sister has one and it's fab! It's like a mini Ipad - you can surf the net, download and read books, watch films etc. I have a normal Kindle (which I adore!) but will be grading to the Kindle Fire when the time comes! x

I don't have one but my opinion of the fire is that it is a tablet. It's not an e reader like Kindle. I have the kindle app on iPad but don't like reading on it, I can imagine the fire is the same.

If you want a tablet then I'd still not get one as you can't get the apps etc which you can on other tablets, if you want a reader, get a kindle.

I guess I'm saying I wouldn't have one!!!!

Already got a normal kindle, was thinking about getting one mostly just for browsing the net :) I've read its similar to an ipad without all the apps, which is fine by me :) I don't like my boyfriends iphone and the ipad is exactly the same only bigger.

Hmmm ill give it some more thought. They're a lot cheaper than an ipad, this is what first attracted me. But if the backlight is too much I have my trusty normal kindle

I have a normal kindle but to be honest my mother has basically took custody of that. So I'm getting the fire for christmas off my boyfriend I'm really excited most of the reviews seem good. The back light thing is a bit of an issue but i want it more for apps, the net and films etc! Roll on Xmas lol.

I have a normal kindle but to be honest my mother has basically took custody of that. So I'm getting the fire for christmas off my boyfriend I'm really excited most of the reviews seem good. The back light thing is a bit of an issue but i want it more for apps, the net and films etc! Roll on Xmas lol.

Yeah, watching stuff online like if I miss eastenders or something haha and surfing the internet, listening to music while I do it that's basically what I want it for. Been on my cousins ipad tonight and the backlight on that hurts my eyes after a while, just as it does on my laptop so probably won't use it for reading books.
I just want a cheap tablet to stick in my bag, use while laid on the sofa, taking on holidays etc.. So think it'll be perfect for me. My boyfriend is buying me one too :) can't wait!! I've decided I want one now. I don't get on with ipads/iphones x

Getting an ipad mini eeeeeek!!! Went to metrocentre yesterday and had a play with the ipad mini in pcworld and loved it. I didn't want one before cos didn't like the size of them lol but the mini one is perfect

Rochelle1 said:
Getting an ipad mini eeeeeek!!! Went to metrocentre yesterday and had a play with the ipad mini in pcworld and loved it. I didn't want one before cos didn't like the size of them lol but the mini one is perfect

Ooo how much are these, I kind of wanted one but I've got an iPhone that I love but feel like iPads are just big iPhones lol!

I love my iPhone,that being said I love my iPad.but for reading I love my kindle......I'm just a bit of a techy and love gadgets x

becks41 said:
I love my iPhone,that being said I love my iPad.but for reading I love my kindle......I'm just a bit of a techy and love gadgets x

This is me!!! I wouldn't be without my iPad. Yep it's a big iPhone but its better for browsing the net. I love mine.

becks41 said:

Snap, and I like them all within easy reach :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a Kobo Vox and I love it to read on (its similar to kindle fire) I and I have the kindle app on there which is great. I wanted the fire but wasn't available when we were buying. I have an iPhone too but found it too small for reading on the kindle app. I'm a bit of a techie too and love new gadgets ;-)

Ooo how much are these, I kind of wanted one but I've got an iPhone that I love but feel like iPads are just big iPhones lol!
They are big iphones but I love blacberries, so I don't want an iphone. The mini is £269 for 16gb which is fine for me as I'm not into games/apps and only want to store some music/photos and browse the internet on it. But the bigger the memory the more expensive. You can also get cellular (I think its called) on it and that makes it more expensive too. X
I have a Kobo Vox and I love it to read on (its similar to kindle fire) I and I have the kindle app on there which is great. I wanted the fire but wasn't available when we were buying. I have an iPhone too but found it too small for reading on the kindle app. I'm a bit of a techie too and love new gadgets ;-)

I love my kindle and only got it in february lol so not got much use out of it yet. I didn't like the kindle fire much when I had a go in pcworld :( x

Back