Kirsty's road back to target in time for Kefalonia 2013!

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
Hi all!
I've decided to start a new diary as I need all the help I can get!

My journey so far:

I joined SW in August 2012 at 13st 12lbs :eek:
I lost 2st 9lbs to reach my target of 11st 3lbs by March 2013 :)
I'm a Wedesnday weigher :)
Since then, I've been learning how to maintain...

And I've struggled- most of the week I was eating whatever I wanted then panicking when it got to Monday and having a couple of days on plan to get away with a maintain.
I got away with it for almost 2 months, staying around my target or just dipping below, then I went camping in May, whacked on 3lbs and shot up to the top of my target range.

And I've hovered around the top of my range every since, until June, when I fell out of target range completely.
In my grace week (when I don't have to pay) I pulled it back, I needed to lose 2.5lbs and I lost exactly that.
However I then gained 3lbs the following week, again shooting out of my range!
At weigh-in last night I had managed to lose 1.5lbs, pretty good but I'm now still 1.5lbs above my range and have now been reverted back to a paying member.

20/3: 11st 3lbs TARGET
27/3: 11st 3lbs STS
3/4: 11st 3lbs STS
10/4: 11st 2.5lbs -0.5
17/4: 11st 2.5lbs STS
24/4: 11st 3lbs +0.5
1/5: 11st 2.5lbs -0.5
8/5: 11st 3lbs +0.5
15/5: 11st 6lbs +3
22/5: 11st 5lbs -1
29/5: 11st 6lbs +1
5/6: 11st 4lbs -2
12/6: 11st 5.5lbs +1.5
19/6: 11st 8.5lbs +3
26/6: 11st 6lbs -2.5
3/7: 11st 9lbs +3
10/7: 11st 7.5lbs -1.5
17/7: 11st 5.5lbs -2
24/7: 11st 3.5lbs -2
31/7: 11st 1lb -2.5
7/8: 11st -1 :D

I go on holiday on 11th August and I want to be at the bottom of my range, meaning I need to lose 7.5lbs in 4 weeks!

I'm going to do a mixture of Extra Easy and Green days.

Kirsty X

Last edited:
So hello diary, here's yesterday's food:

Wednesday 10th July 2013

GREEN

HEXA: 175ml whole milk

HEXB x2: HiFi choc orange bars

Breakfast

Banana and strawberries, coffee

Lunch

Salad with carrot, cabbage and red onion and 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 Syns)

Dinner

Quorn chilli with Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice (2.5 Syns) followed by a My Carte D'or Tiramisu tub (10 Syns)

13 Syns for today x

Good Luck, I should really do one of these! Because I need to get back into target too. We'll get there in the end :)

Hi Kirsty

I pop across to the Seriel Weighers thread most days to have a nose, so hope you dont mind me saying hello. Our SW story is virtually identical since hitting target in May .....except my target is very different to yours because Im slightly shorter than you at 5' 1''! Would be great to share our battle......I have a diary as well if you're interested, but spend most of my time chatting in the 9's to 8's thread

Kim

Hi Sparx, thanks I need it! Good luck to you too, maintaining is it easy! X

Hi Kim, of course I don't mind, I shall go have a nose at your diary in a mo.
Maintaining isn't very easy, I found it easier losing x

Ok peeps here's today's food:

Thursday 11th July 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEXB: 2 HiFi light rocky roads

Breakfast

Banana and coffee

Lunch

Savoury rice with added peppers and tomatoes plus Taiko Vietnamese prawn crystal rolls (0.5 Syns)

Dinner

Tuna pasta bake using a Morrisons tuna pasta bake sauce mix sachet (made up as directed, 7.5 Syns, so my half is rounded up to 4) and topped with cheese (HEXA) with a massive salad followed by an Activia 0% pineapple yogurt.

Snacks

1 Rich Tea finger (1 Syn)
3 splashes of skimmed milk (1.5 Syns)

7 Syns for today :)

Weekly Syns: 20/105

Last edited:
So that's 2 days on plan now... And I still have my HEXB to eat when I get home from Mum's yay :)

Trying to save a few Syns each day as on Saturday we've got 1/2 crispy duck with pancakes, etc.
It's the Waitrose one and works out as 22 Syns for 1/2 of it- so worth it but still...

Planning to go Syn free tomorrow, a Green day as well so I get the 2 B choices :)

Trying to save a few Syns each day as on Saturday we've got 1/2 crispy duck with pancakes, etc.
It's the Waitrose one and works out as 22 Syns for 1/2 of it- so worth it but still...

Planning to go Syn free tomorrow, a Green day as well so I get the 2 B choices :)

22 syns for half....nooo way!!!

i do green and ee with the odd red day....def like having the 2 HEb's on a green (or red) day but i must admit, i prefer the choices of dinners on EE ;) x

22 syns for half....nooo way!!!

i do green and ee with the odd red day....def like having the 2 HEb's on a green (or red) day but i must admit, i prefer the choices of dinners on EE ;) x
Yes I know, it's a lot but its so yummy!!
I've saved 10 Syns so far and if I go Syn free tomorrow that's 25 Syns, plus my usual 15 yay :)

I got bored with EE so I started doing Green, as I also love the extra B choice.
Red I've done a couple of times it I like having rice, pasta etc so I found it hard x

Hi Sparx, thanks I need it! Good luck to you too, maintaining is it easy! X

Hi Kim, of course I don't mind, I shall go have a nose at your diary in a mo.
Maintaining isn't very easy, I found it easier losing x

Haha I agree! I dont think in the 2 months since I got to target I've had a solid few weeks of trying to maintain, cos I've always had something on, so have stuck to plan afterwards. I cant wait til I can get into some sort of rhythm with it, but think Im the same as you where if I have a bit of a blowout at the weekend, I will go on plan thru the week to maintain.
Last February I got fed up of not losing and I was 8.11 at the time so I called target, did EE with an extra hexb and low and behold started losing again to get to my ultimate target of 8.7! Im back up to 8.11 again now tho!
We can do it, so keep the SW faith lol......life does get in the way tho!

Yes I know, it's a lot but its so yummy!!
I've saved 10 Syns so far and if I go Syn free tomorrow that's 25 Syns, plus my usual 15 yay :)

I got bored with EE so I started doing Green, as I also love the extra B choice.
Red I've done a couple of times it I like having rice, pasta etc so I found it hard x

i've only done a few red days cos i kinda struggle with snacking so i get what you mean.
i've done them on a sunday where i've been up later so had brunch then just dinner which was easier. i'd like to try more but i tend to take soup (lentil or sweetcorn)the days i'm working and make things like sw quiche with a pasta/rice/supernoodle base, chickpea dahl loaf and sw onion bhajis to take to work for snacks so they'd be a no-no on a red day unless i made seperate stuff.
i like to do that so that i'm prepared for my time at work or able to just get a quick bite of something and what i make is only free on green/ee days x

i've only done a few red days cos i kinda struggle with snacking so i get what you mean.
i've done them on a sunday where i've been up later so had brunch then just dinner which was easier. i'd like to try more but i tend to take soup (lentil or sweetcorn)the days i'm working and make things like sw quiche with a pasta/rice/supernoodle base, chickpea dahl loaf and sw onion bhajis to take to work for snacks so they'd be a no-no on a red day unless i made seperate stuff.
i like to do that so that i'm prepared for my time at work or able to just get a quick bite of something and what i make is only free on green/ee days x
Same here, I love the chickpea dahl loaf and quiches and tend to make then quite often so I'd struggle with Red days.
I'm also not a big meat lover, so that doesn't help.
And to be honest, the few Red days I did, I found I was more hungry due to not having rice, pasta, etc and ended up bingeing on chocolate lol!!

The SW onion bhaji's- which recipe do you use? X

Morning diary.

2 days on plan so far and raring to go for the 3rd.
Off work sick today- been suffering with tummy pains for last few weeks and on visit to doc yesterday she thinks it could be either IBS or a wheat intolerance, so today I woke up in so much pain, I actually couldn't get out of bed for quite some time.

So that means a lazy day for me, usually I get bored and eat rubbish but I WON'T do that today, partly because I don't want to, but mainly because my tummy is a bit delicate at the minute.

So here's today's plan:

GREEN

Friday 12th July 2013

HEXA: 2x 35g tubs Philly light
HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk

HEXB: 6 Ryvita whole grain crackerbread
HEXB: HiFi bar (not sure what flavours I've got in my cupboard :))

Breakfast

Banana, coffee (black)

Lunch

Ryvita whole grain crackerbread with Philly light topped with red onion, baby plum tomatoes and peppers

Dinner

2 Quorn peppered steaks with SW chips and steamed veggies

Syns

2 tbsp's Heinz BBQ sauce (2 syns) with my dinner :)

A small iced skinny latte from Costa- allowing 4 Syns even tho the milk is my HEXA.
Better to be safe than sorry! X

Daily Syns: 6/15

Weekly Syns: 26/105

Last edited:
Same here, I love the chickpea dahl loaf and quiches and tend to make then quite often so I'd struggle with Red days.
I'm also not a big meat lover, so that doesn't help.
And to be honest, the few Red days I did, I found I was more hungry due to not having rice, pasta, etc and ended up bingeing on chocolate lol!!

The SW onion bhaji's- which recipe do you use? X

i just use the chickpea dahl loaf recipe (savoury rice, dahl and eggs) then i add onions, curry powder, garam masala and tumeric and smash flakes to thicken so you can roll them into balls. but to be honest...i don't really like tumeric...i think it's bitter and it always puts me off.
i usually get half the mixture and make 1 chickpea dahl loaf and the rest i use for the bhajis and there's always quite a lot depending on how big i make them.

made them on monday for the 1st time in a while.

have you noticed some of the savoury rice has a funny taste...like plasticy?
i used the beef one this week and everytime i take a bit of the dahl loaf, it's all i can taste?? :(

i keep meaning to ask how you make your chilli - either with quorn mince or e/l?
i've only tried it once from a sw recipe i found on here and i wasn't keen.....and i've seen you having it a few times so wondered if i might like your one better?
x

Morning diary.

2 days on plan so far and raring to go for the 3rd.
Off work sick today- been suffering with tummy pains for last few weeks and on visit to doc yesterday she thinks it could be either IBS or a wheat intolerance, so today I woke up in so much pain, I actually couldn't get out of bed for quite some time.

So that means a lazy day for me, usually I get bored and eat rubbish but I WON'T do that today, partly because I don't want to, but mainly because my tummy is a bit delicate at the minute.

So here's today's plan:

GREEN

Friday 12th July 2013

HEXA: 2x 35g tubs Philly light
HEXA: I may have milk, haven't decided yet

HEXB: 6 Ryvita whole grain crackerbread
HEXB: HiFi bar (not sure what flavours I've got in my cupboard :))

Breakfast

Banana, coffee (black)

Lunch

Ryvita whole grain crackerbread with Philly light topped with red onion, baby plum tomatoes and peppers

Dinner

2 Quorn peppered steaks with SW chips and steamed veggies

Syns

Most likely just a couple of tbsp's of tomato ketchup with my dinner :)

Sorry to hear you're poorly Kirsty, just rest up and drink plenty of fluids.

Now this is a strange one......I've been on and off MM since 2010 and have noticed a lot of ladies getting IBS symptoms. Is it just one of those things because there are a lot people on this site or somehow related to our eating habits?

Sorry to hear you're poorly Kirsty, just rest up and drink plenty of fluids.

Now this is a strange one......I've been on and off MM since 2010 and have noticed a lot of ladies getting IBS symptoms. Is it just one of those things because there are a lot people on this site or somehow related to our eating habits?
My doc said a change in eating habits can be a cause.
I also suffer with depression, anxiety and insomnia (I'm a mess I know lol!) and she said IBS is often brought on by those conditions.
Its finding my trigger food- so far I think it's white pasta and rice, I have wholemeal at home but when I go to my Mum's for example she uses white.
And I've noticed white bread doesn't agree with me ( a good thing as I love it a bit too much!) so I thought oh a wheat intolerance but I'm fine with wholemeal so its something in the white carbs.

I plan on doing nothing, I have a ton of programmes on my TiVo box to catch up on and the dogs for company so all good.
I may convince my MIL to get me a Costa coffee when she pops over later as she has to drive past it, it's saying no when she asks if I want a cake as well lol

i just use the chickpea dahl loaf recipe (savoury rice, dahl and eggs) then i add onions, curry powder, garam masala and tumeric and smash flakes to thicken so you can roll them into balls. but to be honest...i don't really like tumeric...i think it's bitter and it always puts me off.
i usually get half the mixture and make 1 chickpea dahl loaf and the rest i use for the bhajis and there's always quite a lot depending on how big i make them.

made them on monday for the 1st time in a while.

have you noticed some of the savoury rice has a funny taste...like plasticy?
i used the beef one this week and everytime i take a bit of the dahl loaf, it's all i can taste?? :(

i keep meaning to ask how you make your chilli - either with quorn mince or e/l?
i've only tried it once from a sw recipe i found on here and i wasn't keen.....and i've seen you having it a few times so wondered if i might like your one better?
x
Interesting- I made the onion bhaji's from the Curry Heaven book and they were nice, but they are Syns cos they use that gram flour.

Yes I have noticed that and also the name has changed to Super rice, have you noticed that??

I always make the chickpea dahl loaf with the mild curry flavour, a bit more authentic.

The chilli I make is the one on the SW website although I've adapted it a bit:

Quorn mince or extra lean mince, a tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, onions, chilli powder, oregano, chopped toms and a Knorr rich beef stock pot.

Fry the onion, add mince until its browned, add the chilli powder, oregano and chopped toms. Then pour in the Knorr stock pot (made up as directed), then add the kidney beans and simmer for 20 mins or so.

I like mine hot so I always chuck in loads if chilli flakes too!

A 500g pkt of extra lean mince makes 4 portions.

Give it a go! X

Back