• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

kitchen cupboards

I did that the first time I did sw- everything bad went!

I found it very useful, both motivating and removing future temptation.

Hey I love labeling syns on everything - cupboards fridge and freezer too and I have a syn count on my wall that I tick off everytime I have any. Not fool proof but goods habits help to stay on track!

two shock discoveries so far:

Nescafe skinny mocha = 4 syns per drink :cry:

Gold syrup flavoured porridge = 11.5 syns :eek:

The porridge is going straight in the bin..... the mocha drinks I can ration out!!

Gold syrup flavoured porridge = 11.5 syns :eek:

The porridge is going straight in the bin..... the mocha drinks I can ration out!!
I know.... On my first ever week on SW I had the Golden Syrup Porridge every morning thinking it was my HeB... Clearly not! :( Shame, cos I lovvvee that porridge! :D

I love oatso simple too! I have a whole box of Golden Syrup flavour in my cupboard - luckily my 8 yr old loves it too....guess what he's having for brekky this week!

Great tips, thanks! Need to get a proper marker and labels. I moved all the non-SW-food into a separate cupboard, food left from Xmas (like gingerbread, chocolate). I don't really want to throw it away, hate to waste food, therefore I take it into the office for everybody to enjoy.
Have loads of these fridge magnets with funny things on them so I'm keeping with this one "G- if you cannot make me thin, make my friends fat" :p

I didn't chuck anything, as I didn't have much processed stuff in to start with and I'll still use non-SW-friendly ingredients, either cooking for others or synned in recipes. What I did do was put any raw ingredients that might tempt me - chocolate for cooking, cake decorations etc - onto the highest shelf on the pantry. To get to it I'd either have to get OH to grab it down for me, or move the freezer, get a step... nah, easier to eat something healthier. But I labelled everything too :D I used freezer stickers from the pound shop.

Although oddly enough I have never been tempted. We still seem to end up with masses of chocolate all over this house, but it's like I just tune it out as background noise. Weird, no?

Far more likely to tempt me is the oil during cooking. Sometimes frylight just doesn't cut it. I mean, I don't pour it over everything, Jamie Oliver style, but occasionally a recipe just seems to need a little proper oil. I still use it, I just syn it. To reduce the temptation I converted to carotino oil, which is allegedly healthier, but more to the point, if you use more than about a teaspoon, it makes whatever you cook in it orange coloured. So if I use it I can't conveniently 'forget' that it's there. Stupid, really, and I'm not sure I'd really be tempted if I was using a different oil anyway, but there you go.

In the end I didn't throw too much away, just bits and bobs of half used crackers, cereal etc.

Found a couple of tins with best before dates in 2009 which shocked me - we moved June 2010 so I'm surprised I didn't bin them then!?

Coincidentally I just cleaned out our 'goodies' cupboard yesterday and labelled all the treats etc that went back in. Now, like Kristel, I plan on 'fattening' up everyone at the office! lol

I havent kicked anything out yet but my cupboards arnt too bad normally, I do have chocs left over from christmas that I keep meaning to take into work, a box of thorntons, celebrations and a tin of QS. I feel proud that I havent touched them in 5 1/2 weeks! time they went though!

This post is a great idea. I just invited my son around and told him to help himself. My cuboards are now bare except for Weight Watchers items, fruit, and salad. I even emptied out the chest freezer and gave it all away.

I'm going to spring clean my cupboards today... if its not SW friendly, its going in the bin. Time to be ruthless!
I did something similar - having to replace things with light or extra-light versions became 2nd nature. The snack/syn cupboard is full of HIFI Bars, snack-a-jacks, Ryvita Minis, Walker Lights,etc.

I did a similar thing with my wardrobe too! - Now all the XL stuff has gone and replace with M (M for magic lol).

It set me free!

I did a similar thing with my wardrobe too! - Now all the XL stuff has gone and replace with M (M for magic lol).

It set me free!
I am very much looking forward to that part!! I have very few clothes to slim into, so will have some shopping to do this year ;)

I had a dig through mine on Sat, nothing to chuck out, as before xmas was following exante:p

My dd loves the Alpen bars and special K snacks, so lucky there! Yes theres some bits I won't eat, like biscuits, but I only buy ones I don't like haha!

Although today, dd has made the cutest heart cookies with icing and pink hearts:) (she is 6!). Any idea on how I can syn them?

There are a couple of web sites that will let you add the ingredients and the serving size and it will you a calorific value that you can work out syns for, I use myfitnesspal.

I am very much looking forward to that part!! I have very few clothes to slim into, so will have some shopping to do this year ;)
Great fun - if expensive. I went from XL to M - I bypassed L until my clothing looked like charlie Chaplin (without the tash or cain) - had to spend then lol.

Worst thing I had to lose was a supply of Lurpak!