kitchen cupboards

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mongoosed, 13 February 2011 Social URL.

1. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    I'm going to spring clean my cupboards today... if its not SW friendly, its going in the bin. Time to be ruthless!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did that the first time I did sw- everything bad went!

I found it very useful, both motivating and removing future temptation.

4. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Label up what's left with the syn values then you know how many syns it is when you need to grab something

5. Shelly-belly

Shelly-belly Full Member

Hey I love labeling syns on everything - cupboards fridge and freezer too and I have a syn count on my wall that I tick off everytime I have any. Not fool proof but goods habits help to stay on track!

6. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    thanks for the tips... marker pen at the ready!!

7. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    two shock discoveries so far:

Nescafe skinny mocha = 4 syns per drink :cry:

Gold syrup flavoured porridge = 11.5 syns :eek:

The porridge is going straight in the bin..... the mocha drinks I can ration out!!

8. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know.... On my first ever week on SW I had the Golden Syrup Porridge every morning thinking it was my HeB... Clearly not! :( Shame, cos I lovvvee that porridge! :D

9. Jennykndy

Jennykndy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love oatso simple too! I have a whole box of Golden Syrup flavour in my cupboard - luckily my 8 yr old loves it too....guess what he's having for brekky this week!

10. Kristel

Kristel Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Great tips, thanks! Need to get a proper marker and labels. I moved all the non-SW-food into a separate cupboard, food left from Xmas (like gingerbread, chocolate). I don't really want to throw it away, hate to waste food, therefore I take it into the office for everybody to enjoy.
    Have loads of these fridge magnets with funny things on them so I'm keeping with this one "G- if you cannot make me thin, make my friends fat" :p

11. sockmonkey

sockmonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I didn't chuck anything, as I didn't have much processed stuff in to start with and I'll still use non-SW-friendly ingredients, either cooking for others or synned in recipes. What I did do was put any raw ingredients that might tempt me - chocolate for cooking, cake decorations etc - onto the highest shelf on the pantry. To get to it I'd either have to get OH to grab it down for me, or move the freezer, get a step... nah, easier to eat something healthier. But I labelled everything too :D I used freezer stickers from the pound shop.

Although oddly enough I have never been tempted. We still seem to end up with masses of chocolate all over this house, but it's like I just tune it out as background noise. Weird, no?

Far more likely to tempt me is the oil during cooking. Sometimes frylight just doesn't cut it. I mean, I don't pour it over everything, Jamie Oliver style, but occasionally a recipe just seems to need a little proper oil. I still use it, I just syn it. To reduce the temptation I converted to carotino oil, which is allegedly healthier, but more to the point, if you use more than about a teaspoon, it makes whatever you cook in it orange coloured. So if I use it I can't conveniently 'forget' that it's there. Stupid, really, and I'm not sure I'd really be tempted if I was using a different oil anyway, but there you go.

12. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    In the end I didn't throw too much away, just bits and bobs of half used crackers, cereal etc.

Found a couple of tins with best before dates in 2009 which shocked me - we moved June 2010 so I'm surprised I didn't bin them then!?

furrysmudge likes this.
  13. dawnwynne

dawnwynne Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.64%)
    Coincidentally I just cleaned out our 'goodies' cupboard yesterday and labelled all the treats etc that went back in. Now, like Kristel, I plan on 'fattening' up everyone at the office! lol

14. katoof

katoof Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    11st8lb(46.02%)
    I havent kicked anything out yet but my cupboards arnt too bad normally, I do have chocs left over from christmas that I keep meaning to take into work, a box of thorntons, celebrations and a tin of QS. I feel proud that I havent touched them in 5 1/2 weeks! time they went though!

15. Last_Attempt

Last_Attempt Banned

This post is a great idea. I just invited my son around and told him to help himself. My cuboards are now bare except for Weight Watchers items, fruit, and salad. I even emptied out the chest freezer and gave it all away.

16. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I did something similar - having to replace things with light or extra-light versions became 2nd nature. The snack/syn cupboard is full of HIFI Bars, snack-a-jacks, Ryvita Minis, Walker Lights,etc.

I did a similar thing with my wardrobe too! - Now all the XL stuff has gone and replace with M (M for magic lol).

It set me free!

17. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    I am very much looking forward to that part!! I have very few clothes to slim into, so will have some shopping to do this year ;)

18. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a dig through mine on Sat, nothing to chuck out, as before xmas was following exante:p

My dd loves the Alpen bars and special K snacks, so lucky there! Yes theres some bits I won't eat, like biscuits, but I only buy ones I don't like haha!

Although today, dd has made the cutest heart cookies with icing and pink hearts:) (she is 6!). Any idea on how I can syn them?

19. Swadey73

Swadey73 Full Member

There are a couple of web sites that will let you add the ingredients and the serving size and it will you a calorific value that you can work out syns for, I use myfitnesspal.

20. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Great fun - if expensive. I went from XL to M - I bypassed L until my clothing looked like charlie Chaplin (without the tash or cain) - had to spend then lol.

Worst thing I had to lose was a supply of Lurpak!

21. mongoosed

mongoosed Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.38%)
    I've not missed butter.... until you just mentioned it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.