• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Kitchen Essentials

wenchie

Silver Member
S: 18st4lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 6st3lb(33.98%)
Scales and a measuring jug (for your HExs :D)

measuring spoons

Also useful:

A decent non-stick frying pan (or the pan liner you can get from various pound shops)

A handblender (for soups)

A shredding blade for your food processor (for coleslaw)

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
S: 21st6.0lb C: 21st6.0lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Frylight
Extra light mayo
Seasonings like cajun, steakhouse pepper

S: 17st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 12st4lb Loss: 5st2lb(29.39%)
I always use an apple corer and a reamer for juicing lemon and limes ... as well as everything else that has been mentioned x

Kankles

Silver Member
S: 11st12lb C: 10st3lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st9lb(13.86%)
My new kitchen gadget which I adore is a potato ricer. Makes mashed potato really light and fluffy.

I also saw a buger shaper on here the other day so that's my next purchase.

Cupboard essentials
Chicken Stock
Chicken Bovril
Alpen light bars
Herbs & spices
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions

I also buy some of the schwartz or colmans packets like chicken chasseur mix or chicken casserole so if I'm ever stuck for a family meal I can just knock something together

Freezer essentials
Frozen veg
Stew packs
Chicken pieces
Extra lean mince
Peppers

Kankles

Silver Member
S: 11st12lb C: 10st3lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st9lb(13.86%)
Lol just realised I put buger!!!! I'm sorry pmsl, I meant burger!!!

PurpleSky

banana phone
S: 17st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.7 Loss: 4st8lb(26.02%)
scales, measuring spoons, jugs, a good non stick frying pan, also get some frylight and make sure you have a good aray of herbs and spices, sharp knives basic kitchen stuff and if you go to class I would recommend picking up the recipe books to start you off as there good :D

Remember that spices don't keep for ever and don't buy more than you are going to use. It is easy to get carried away when you are standing in front of all those jars on the supermarket shelf!

Same with herbs. In fact, I never buy dried herbs as I think they always taste dusty. I only buy fresh ones (sometimes I grow them) as and when I need them.

And whatever spices you do get, keep them in the cupboard, in the dark.

My new kitchen gadget which I adore is a potato ricer. Makes mashed potato really light and fluffy.

I also saw a buger shaper on here the other day so that's my next purchase.

Cupboard essentials
Chicken Stock
Chicken Bovril
Alpen light bars
Herbs & spices
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions

I also buy some of the schwartz or colmans packets like chicken chasseur mix or chicken casserole so if I'm ever stuck for a family meal I can just knock something together

Freezer essentials
Frozen veg
Stew packs
Chicken pieces
Extra lean mince
Peppers
Have you got a link or anything for the burger shaper? Think one would be good for summer bbq's! x

Shirleen

Gold Member
S: 21st12.5lb C: 21st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 45.3 Loss: 0st8.5lb(2.77%)
Also reorganise your kitchen so that low syn items are easier to get to. and put your fruit bowl on the coffee table.

S: 13st10lb C: 11st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 2st9lb(19.27%)
Same with herbs. In fact, I never buy dried herbs as I think they always taste dusty. I only buy fresh ones (sometimes I grow them) as and when I need them.
If you buy the fresh herbs in plant pots from the supermarket they will keep for ages, just remember to water when dry and don't let them flower. Pick the big leaves first using your thumb & forefinger, except for chives where you use scissors (apologies if I'm teaching anyone to suck eggs here)
I've had my basil, mint & chives for 2yrs :D

helzzz

loves SW!!
S: 16st6lb C: 10st13lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 5st7lb(33.48%)
If you buy the fresh herbs in plant pots from the supermarket they will keep for ages, just remember to water when dry and don't let them flower. Pick the big leaves first using your thumb & forefinger, except for chives where you use scissors (apologies if I'm teaching anyone to suck eggs here)
I've had my basil, mint & chives for 2yrs :D
How do you stop them from flowering? I don't know the first thing about growing plants.