kitten indulgence

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Dancing, 28 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thought I'd start a new thread for us kittie owners to keep in touch via.

My two have discovered a more subtle approach to waking me at 5am. They have found that if they both sit 1 inch from my face and purr at the tops of their voices, I will wake up. They have also discovered that I wake up with a smile on my face when they use this approach ... which is much different to the "F*C^IN H£$L" response they were getting when one of them catapulted the other onto my sleeping head!!!

i'm letting them out into the garden on their own now. They are so happy out there and I just LOOOOVE watching them running around.

Also, I had a moment the other morning when they were stopping me sleeping by frolicking with each other at the bottom of my bed under and inside the duvet. I just suddenly realised I had two gorgeous kittens happily playing on my bed - and my grumpiness at not being able to get back to sleep went away (I do not like being woken up/kept awake).

Love them to bits
    :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Awww bless their hearts, nothing like an ickle ball of fluff to bring out the best in us. Mind you ours go for the sit on chest and wack you round head with paw approach.... not cute!

Gx

4. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

My lil alonso (who is actually a big boy by now) loves my OH, and demands to sleep between us. He also uses the purring approach, but has began to realise that licking Olis face/pawing him on the lips is a much more effective alarm system and ultimately gets him a few cwtches.

I'm hoping to get two little kittens when i move into my new house in a few weeks, as i have to leave my boys at my mothers. Think it's sensible? I'm living not far from the city centre, and the cats will have to be house cats....still unsure about it xx

5. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    my two are house cats so far.. for the simple reason othello is afraid of outside.. and mac is just too lazy to want to go outside.. but they are very happy inside.. they run around a lot.. play with their toys a lot.. and sleep a lot.. oh.. and did i mention eat a lot.. lol.. they always cuddle up with us to sleep.. and looooove their cuddles..

x x

6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Ours are all house cats as we live on a main road. But we built them a huge cat house off the back of the house which that muck about it and thoroughly enjoy x

7. alliecat

alliecat frustrated bander!

Diet:
    Gastric Band
    I live in a first floor flat and my cat Lola seems happy - I live across the road from my dad's farm and have bought a lead and collar and taken her over there and she is not the slightest bit interested in getting out of her cage to explore. I was worried about her being an indoor girl, but as long as she has plenty of food and cuddles she does not seem too bothered!

8. jackietrew

jackietrew Will be slim!!!!!!!

Diet:
    CD - Sole Source
    im planning on getting a kitten sometime next year and would like some advice, did all of you get yours from breeders? or any rescue kittens? what age is good to get one? and will it be happy as a house cat? as long as it has plently of toys etc xx

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I started looking at rescue cats but I was a bit selfish and decided I wanted kittens. Mine are just moggies and I had to pay for them (probably shouldn't have done as it encourages people to keep doing it).

There are some wonderful rescue cats but also some with some issues. You will always be giving information about them and what environment each particular cat is suited to. Some shouldn't be around children, some are better with someone home alot, etc etc. They will also tell you if they are outdoor cats or indoor cats.

As to what age is best - entirely up to you. Kittens take alot of work in terms of litter tray training/house training. And if you only get one they need alot of your time so they don't get bored and become destructive. It is easier if you have two as they entertain each other.

Growing up on a farm I was appalled at the idea of having cats that never went outside. However, having looked into it apparently research shows that indoor cats are happy and are usually healthier and live longer. As long as you give them your attention and they have toys they should be just fine inside (and won't even know what they are missing if they have never had time outside).

Georgie - I'm curious about your den/cubby house for cats - can you post a photo?

10. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Here you go. They love it to bits and roll around like loons!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Found another one..

[​IMG]

12. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Your cat run is cool! And your cats are gorgeous - are they Maine Coons?

I live in a village and down a side street so I do let my two out. However my first cat got run over when he was just 1 - so I do keep these in at night to try and keep them out of trouble. My cats are chalk and cheese - Charlie the girl is tiny, still looks like a kitten to me! fast as lightning and into everything, out all the time, catches mice, birds and the odd frog, and Lenny her brother is a huge(7.5kg) lazy lump who is happiest asleep on the sofa and sometimes doesn't venture out all day!!! I love them they have just got such huge personalities - like all cats. Charlie's recently taken to sleeping under my armpit! She jumps on me in bed in the middle of the night and headbutts me and miaows until I move then curls up in my armpit and purrs like a tractor. Have just got used to it now and wake up in the morning sometimes and she's still there. Very cute.

They are both moggies and I got them from a women who takes in stray kittens and rehomes them - I did pay for them though, they were 8 weeks old and litter trained (though Charlie went through a phase of peeing behind the tv - little minx, and tried to sleep in the litter tray)

Kittens are hard work but so worth it! I'm lucky enough to work from home so I'm about a lot in the day and the pair of them still follow me about all day! They crack me up all the time. I'd post pictures if I had any clue how to do it!!

Can't believe I got to the age of 32 before I had cats - wouldn't be without them now.

Carol x

13. pocketdragonslizzie

pocketdragonslizzie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We're getting two kittens this week, I'm as excited as the kids, they are from different homes but about the same age so will mix well together, one is coming home on Wednesday!!!!!

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oooh post photos as soon as you can. Great for you and how lovely for the kids to have two kittens.

15. pocketdragonslizzie

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Will do, both are now set to be here on wednesday, it's put my tragic weight loss to the back of my mind if nothing else!

16. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Hey Missus - your weight loss is not tragic - will you please cheer up and give yourself some credit - please remove the "sad" mood immediately:D:D!!!!!! 17lbs in three weeks is completely awesome!!

Carol x

PS Can't wait to see piccies of your new kittens!!

17. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Picture of my monsters when they were kittens - cuties!

Carol x

Attached Files:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pocketdragonslizzie

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually I'm only sad deep down (bloody diet and its happy vibes) and I've just found out my friend is pregnant so I will change my emotion right away.
    And I promise kitten pics within the week!

20. abz

abz Gold Member

my two are three. and they really do not get on at all. i got them as kittens and they are sisters and they fight!!

i couldn't get a rescue cat as in my area i had to have a large garden with grass, had to be 200m away from a main road, a bus route, or a school, if i only got one cat somebody had to be home with it for the first couple of months and if i got two you could 'get away' with calling in just at lunch time. what person who works and lives in leeds could ever fulfil those expectations? no wonder there are loads of rescue cats!! but they are delightful. daisy is cuddly although she is the antagonistic one and charlotte is moody and doesn't like cuddles unless you're in bed and she climbs on your pillow. doesn't like to be picked up at all though. my house is tiny but they've managed to eat have their territory. *sigh*. love them though :D

abz xx

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh sorry yours don't get on. I'm so pleased mine do. But aren't they gorgeous! All kittens are gorgeous - love their little mouths.

22. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    What gorgey pics, they are adorable!!Sorry Carolanski only just seen your post - yes they are all Maine Coons.
    Gx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.