Kitten

lemma1968

Silver Member
Last Saturday i took my 2 dd's to collect a new kitten. They had no idea at all they were getting one. he is adorable. A British Blue. Dead gorgeous.

But, the breeder told us to expect the odd mishap (if you know what i mean) until he gets used to his new surroundings and the location of his tray.

Well so far he has done his business:

on my childs changing mat;
2 x behind the xmas tree (his favourite location it would seem;
In a hat of mine (it gives a new meaning to Le Chat dans le Chapeau :p);
2 x in his litter tray.
:sign0007::hitthefan::gen157:

Now god bless him he's only 12 weeks old and i know this is to be expected. Its only been just over 48 hrs since we collected him.

Fingers crossed he will have got the message very soon. Then i can say to my dd (who is just 3) that everyone and thing in the house is toilet trained....but her!!!!!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much honey. I got two 12 week Tonkinese this time last year and though they were fully litter trained, they had a couple of hiccups too. They peed on our bed after scratching the bedspread folded at the bottom into a heap and once in the 'well' in our snug. It's a barn conversion with a stone trough in one of the walls which is now surrounded with pebbles and plants as a feature...can't blame them...it was a well with 'litter'.

Our breeder said it would be because of being unsettled and since the first few days it's always been where intended lol. Mine are indoor cats so training them to use the loo (don't laugh...it's called Litter Quitter :D lol). All I will say is don't use any cleaning fluid with ammonia inside as it'll only encourage him!!! Also, don't tell him off if you don't catch him doing it - he won't know why and he'll do it more apparently...says a book I have.

Anyway, hope he settles in - I Luuuurve British Blues! Send a pic onto here for us to see!

xxxx

Ha ha I share your pain - we picked up our little boxer puppy mowgli 2 weeks ago he is just over 8 weeks now and is doing number 2's outside apart from one next to the tv - which was funny as my hubby just watched and then called me to clear it up!! Obviously I told him to sort it himself.

Bless him and I know he's just a baby but he had widdled on evry surface including hubby's slippers when he was putting his lead on to take him out in the garden. I can't wait to be able to walk him properly and get him trained to let s know when he wants to go rather than skulk off and leave a little present - not sure how mother in law is going to cope at xmas - she has a very expensive front room carpet which she is very precious about - oh dear!!

Either way enjoy your baby this christmas x

Can we please see the pictures xxx

YES! We need photos! I adore kittens. Does he have a funny half hour when he climbs up the curtains? Mine used to go up the inside of the Xmas tree. If you spray the carpet with something like febreeze it should deter him. They don't like strong smells.

Thanks guys.

I will try and get some photos but i am so NOT computer savvy.

aw kittens are so fun and cute but bloody hard work, mine are now 'adult' cats would not give them up for the world even chew furniture lol

ah this brought back happy memories. We got a kitty last year & he used to suck our necks (apparently they do this if taken away from mum too soon) it was so sweet. We'd only had him a few weeks & my daughter found a stray white deaf cat, they used to play together all the time its so nice. Unfortunately Joey walked in front of a car & went to kitty heaven so Mike now plays alone :(

Sometimes when Mike is muching around I think about getting another friend for him to play with but then again it's not a good idea we already have a grumpy female cat & she'd just be really grumpy then :p

We recently became the proud owners of a baby Rex rabbit. he is the most adorable thing I have ever seen but he refuses to go anywhere near his litter tray! He has widdled everywhere else, including, my mum's side of the bed, which seems to be his favourite place!

We recently became the proud owners of a baby Rex rabbit. he is the most adorable thing I have ever seen but he refuses to go anywhere near his litter tray! He has widdled everywhere else, including, my mum's side of the bed, which seems to be his favourite place!

Rabbits are so cute, we used to have rabbits, they're so easy to house-train. If i remember correctly you need to put the rabbit & poo where they should go, it won't take long for Rex to get used to it, they are very clean animals.

Back