Step 1 Sole Source Kiwi's Weight Loss Diary

Kiwichan

Silver Member
I started a few days before I found this forum so I'm going to keep a diary from here. Just to summarise, I've been asked for the very first time to be a bridesmaid in the summer and I've no intention of being the fattest one in the photos. It's also time to get rid of the weight. I've found conventional dieting slow going as I've been this weight within 5 lbs or so margin since my early teens. So 20 years give or take of being "hefty". I've kind of grown into my body shape. Clothes kind of fit me in shops especially since they've gotten more generous size wise over the years. It's like being a smoker who only smokes a couple a day, way more difficult to give up when you don't think the problem is that bad. I'm not a massive binge eater, I exercise and I'm in really good health. I've just always been relatively big. Doesn't help that I'm short too. I can get a stone off in Weight Watchers and then progress stops and I lose interest. I am a carb fiend though and i hate vegetables so thats where the problems lie.

Anyway I digress. Back to the Cambridge Diet - why we're all here. I lost 6.5 lbs in the first week and it was torture. I wasn't myself at all. Actually dreaming at night about chicken wings and telling myself I'd eat the celery this time if I got some. I got really bad headaches too that made me physically ill but things started settling down around Day 6. By Day 8 I was back walking in the evenings but I still have the brain fog. It's not as bad now though.

Week 2 has brought the hunger. Even though I'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day my stomach is empty and is constantly rumbling. I'm not having issues with bad breath thankfully as I'm sipping peppermint tea from a 20 oz mug throughout the day. I have also resorted to a can of coke zero when its gotten difficult. My second weigh in is tonight. My weightloss has definitely slowed so the results should be interesting. I will keep you posted!

So I had my second weigh in today and im really happy with my 4 lb weight loss. I went for a 3km walk after. Next weeks big challenge is a 3 day mini break. The CDC gave me 4 tetra packs so I dont have to be making up sachets in the hotel. It will be interesting to see how much restraint I show.

Stay strong and the weight will fall off.

Thanks guys. Went out for lunch with hubs today for Valentines. We went to a Sushi restaurant. I didn't think it would be fair :p to sit there sipping a shake when he'd brought me out for lunch so I had a starter, 3 chicken yakatori skewers with spring onion. I drained the dip off them so I suppose you could say I'm SS+'ing today. I don't think I've really done any damage and showed restraint in the restaurant. (It helps that I generally hate Japanese food). He only suggested there as he reckoned I could probably get something small and protein based. In my head though I wanted to go to Pizza Hut next door and have a slice of double pepperoni.

Anyway, now all I have to do today is stay away from the Galaxy Cookie Crumble bars the kid bought her Daddy for Valentines and the bottle of prosecco my MIL left in the fridge and I'm sorted.

In the last 3 days since I've started feeling completely normal energy wise again I've been walking 4km a day as I want to tone up as well as lose the weight and I'm finding that the daily walk is increasing the weightloss from 0.5 a day to a lb a day again. Dont know if it will show in my weekly weigh in next thursday as im going away for a couple of days next week but im really seeing it on my daily weigh in at home. Ive also tried to get all my water drinking out of the waybefore 7pm now and it has stopped the 3am trip to the loo.

I felt great when I got up this morning. The rest of the house was asleep so I had my shake and walked the block. Think its about 5km. It started lashing rain about half way but I didnt turn back. I keep telling myself its only tgree months so it wont kill me to stick to plan. I put some really good dance tracks on my phone so it got me to keep a good pace. There's no way I could run on this diet as my legs are like two lead weights but the walking is going really well and I hope its helping to tone me up a bit. Anyway need to drink two litres of water between now and lunch. Think I will have soup at lunch today for a change. I'm heading away this afternoon until Tuesday for a mini break so fingers crossed I keep to plan where possible.

Back