Konnyaku/Shirataki Noodles Carb Free?

RenewMe

Hi guys

Before I started CD/S&S I was using Konnyaku Noodles which are very low carb!. I have bought a load from my local Chinese Supermarket and am hoping to use some with my Spaghetti or chilli! So excited. Hope they are ok or Hubby will have to eat them. On the back of the packet 100g is 16.6 cals and 5g of carb. I may try them today but will e-mail S&S to see if it is ok.... x If so I now have a great alternative to pasta and have cauliflower for my cauliflower rice! :D

Just checked with the Lowcarb Megastore:
Nutritional Information:
(Per 100g) Calories 5kcal, Protein 0g, Fat 0g, Carbohydrates 4g, Soluble Fibre 4g (net carbs = 0g)

:eek::D

I think they should be ok if you like them. Most of the people on here who have tried them absolutely loathed them.

I've heard that they are alot better if rinsed thoroughly first as the liquid they are in has a distinctive flavour. I've not tried them yet, but would like to give them a go

LOL! To me they don't taste of anything in particular! The noodles are bland and tasteless and soak up flavours from other things they are mixed with, like all noodles or pasta really. I think they would be great with the Spaghetti bolognaise or chilli.
They do have to be rinsed well. I leave them to soak in boiling water for 5 mins and then they are literally done, the boiling process does soften them; I notice a lot of people comment they are also hard(?) they are very similar to rice or vermicelli noodles but without the carbs! I think I will wait until S&S get back to me though as I don't want to start making my own rules up and knocking myself out of ketosis, but judging from the info on carb megastore I doubt it!!;)

Blurrg the smell of the water their in makes me gag. I couldn't get them again!!

Just received a response from Rob at S&S, who confirmed that the noodles are fine!!!:D
Quote: do not see any problem with this if the calorie information you have provided is correct.

I know they are an aquired taste as people have said they are hard or the water they are stored in before prep smells foul, but at long as they are rinsed well and boiled for 5-10 mins they are fine. x

Just received a response from Rob at S&S, who confirmed that the noodles are fine!!!:D
Quote: do not see any problem with this if the calorie information you have provided is correct.

I know they are an aquired taste as people have said they are hard or the water they are stored in before prep smells foul, but at long as they are rinsed well and boiled for 5-10 mins they are fine. x

Wow - I think I'll order some of these - was a bit concerned but if Rob says they are ok - thanks for the tip :)

I would order one packet first or buy from an Oriental store to save on postage!!!! Personally, I think they have no taste whatsoever, but they are a great filler/addition to the S&S meals!

anyone tried the eat water noodles? Seen them on amazon. Claim to be virtually carb, cals and fat free

Not expensive tho - £21 for 6x 200g

7 lost : 60 to goal

I've only come across these recently and was wondering if anyone had tried them and if they are worth buying. I'm on day 14 at the moment and feel ok, but I know in another few weeks I'll be desperate for some noodly type things. I saw an advert for the eat water noodles first of all and then googled zero carb pasta. Gettingfit, what did you think of the eater water ones and which ones did u get?

I would order one packet first or buy from an Oriental store to save on postage!!!! Personally, I think they have no taste whatsoever, but they are a great filler/addition to the S&S meals!

I ordered 3 packs - came to £10 with postage so that's ok........don't always have time to explore in shops, if I like them I will probably make the effort tho' I think the postage was the same for 1 or 3 so resented paying it just for 1 lol! My plan is to bulk up the chilli or pasta with them

Hope you like them Debbie!

I just had my Tomato Chilli pack with 80g of noodles and 50g of mushrooms for my supper and that will keep me going until 10pm when I normally have my last pack at 10pm!

I have been meaning to give these a go but I either forget or when I remember to look for them in the oriental supermarket they are all gone!
good to hear some are getting on Ok with them.

Is the zero carb pasta the same as these? There is a Groupon deal today for these:

Slim Pasta

Is the zero carb pasta the same as these? There is a Groupon deal today for these:

Slim Pasta

KGB are doing an offer at the mo. They are not the same ones though, so may taste better or worse!!!! They are made from a fibre called Moyu but I guess the concept is the same as they are contained in water and are also carb free!!! I am on the verge of ordering now as the deal is so good!!! Good luck xxx

Still pondering whether to order these of not!:eek: What to do?! Don't want 24 packets of noodles going in the bin and see money down the drain to boot!!! :cry: This dieting lark is expensive business!!! I am in the wrong job!! xxx

Back