L-carnitine on Exante diet

pangpang

I used to take tablets of L-carnitine 30 minutes before doing exercise, i found it quite good assiting weight loss, i am going to start exante diet on monday, just wondering anyone has any idea about taking the tablets on the diet? is it ok?

No idea what that is, maybe someone does. I would email Exante and ask them just to be on the safe side. HTH x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No idea what that is, maybe someone does. I would email Exante and ask them just to be on the safe side. HTH x
Thanks, think you are right, i am going to send them a email ,just to make sure it is ok. will post here let you guys know the outcome;)

I think it causes you pacreas to release insulin, but i dont know with being on a vcld if you would be at risk of really low blood sugars

I think it causes you pacreas to release insulin, but i dont know with being on a vcld if you would be at risk of really low blood sugars

Oh that should be pancreas
Thanks a lot. Not really sure about what L-carnitine do to your body, but it did helped me lose weight in the past:D, it only works with exercises. And i have sent Exante an email asking about it, we'll see what they are going to say about it.

Further to previous answers, I found this on a web search:

EFFECTS OF KETOSIS
Ketosis creates a measurable amount of acetone in the mouth. (Remedial measure: brush teeth and mouth with baking soda, increase water intake, eat vegetables)

Ketosis decreases aspartate in the brain, but glutamate and glutamine remain unchanged with increase in glutamate conversion to GABA. (GABA controls nerve cells in brain from firing too fast. Same effect as when taking Valium). Utilization of neutral amino acids to increase glutamine.

3. 10% will have trouble reaching ketosis
4. 21% will have an intolerance of the rapid onset of ketosis
5. 41% will become constipated (Remedial measure: increase fiber intake)
6. 47% will experience hypoglycaemia (symptoms: fatigue, weakness, confusion, dizziness, irritability, a rapid heartbeat, anxiety, sweating, trembling, hunger, and headaches i.e. withdrawal symptoms from sugar addiction.)
7. 16% will refuse to drink fluids (which are critical to deter acid build-up during ketosis)
8. 16% will experience lack of appetite (this is good if you are on a weight loss diet)
9. 26% will have nausea and vomiting
10. 65% will have a rise in total serum cholesterol (although HDL will increase proportionally)
11. 32% will have periods of anorexia (aversion to food)
12. 9% will have symptomatic metabolic acidosis when associated with infection
13. 9% will have carnitine insufficiency during early part of ketogenic diet (supplement with L-Carnitine)
14. 8% will have high levels of uric acid in the urine (Drink water, eat vegetables, neutralize with bases)

There are some refernces: here is the website: Side-effects of Ketosis : LC Research/Media Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

Looks like it wouldn't do any harm.

Further to previous answers, I found this on a web search:

EFFECTS OF KETOSIS
Ketosis creates a measurable amount of acetone in the mouth. (Remedial measure: brush teeth and mouth with baking soda, increase water intake, eat vegetables)

Ketosis decreases aspartate in the brain, but glutamate and glutamine remain unchanged with increase in glutamate conversion to GABA. (GABA controls nerve cells in brain from firing too fast. Same effect as when taking Valium). Utilization of neutral amino acids to increase glutamine.

3. 10% will have trouble reaching ketosis
4. 21% will have an intolerance of the rapid onset of ketosis
5. 41% will become constipated (Remedial measure: increase fiber intake)
6. 47% will experience hypoglycaemia (symptoms: fatigue, weakness, confusion, dizziness, irritability, a rapid heartbeat, anxiety, sweating, trembling, hunger, and headaches i.e. withdrawal symptoms from sugar addiction.)
7. 16% will refuse to drink fluids (which are critical to deter acid build-up during ketosis)
8. 16% will experience lack of appetite (this is good if you are on a weight loss diet)
9. 26% will have nausea and vomiting
10. 65% will have a rise in total serum cholesterol (although HDL will increase proportionally)
11. 32% will have periods of anorexia (aversion to food)
12. 9% will have symptomatic metabolic acidosis when associated with infection
13. 9% will have carnitine insufficiency during early part of ketogenic diet (supplement with L-Carnitine)
14. 8% will have high levels of uric acid in the urine (Drink water, eat vegetables, neutralize with bases)

There are some refernces: here is the website: Side-effects of Ketosis : LC Research/Media Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

Looks like it wouldn't do any harm.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much. That is such a good news to me:D

Back