Lack of support.

RedCrystal

Been in a bad mood lately, cheated last night:sigh: And I thought about it and basically realised it was because of the lack of support:( From my family, my friends, not even a helping hand on minimins.
I suffer from compulsive over-eating and bouts of depression due to SAD and it really is SO hard to do CD, especially on my own. Spoke to my family....nothing. Spoke to my friends...nothing. Came on here...nothing.

:break_diet:

Oh hun, I'm sorry nobody has been around for you.

There's usually someone one here. (I've not been recently as I've got other issues!)

Just draw a line & start afresh.

I'm doing this alone so it can be done.

Don't get down, keep going. Good luck. x x :)

Been in a bad mood lately, cheated last night:sigh: And I thought about it and basically realised it was because of the lack of support:( From my family, my friends, not even a helping hand on minimins.
I suffer from compulsive over-eating and bouts of depression due to SAD and it really is SO hard to do CD, especially on my own. Spoke to my family....nothing. Spoke to my friends...nothing. Came on here...nothing.

Hi there
you have done a great job bet you look great too it hard but you seem to have nailed it keep up the good work you are amazing.
NICOLE

oh, hun! i know where you are coming from regarding depression. i've had it bad twice in my life where i've felt that tablets just haven't worked. :wave_cry:

we are all here for you and if you want to buddy up i'll be here for you. i'm writing in my diary on the diary forum area and on a post called day 2 at the moment and try to read as many posts as i can. i've got 2 kids and a needy husband though lol!

we all need help at times. last time i did CD my hubby was really supportive but my mum and dad were not. i knew no-one else who was doing CD and used to write on the forums often.

i need to dash now as i'm going to get changed and pop off to pilates but i'll pop on here later and see how you are getting on.

It's hard for everyone to do CD, regardless of other issues but you have to take responsibility for your actions - unless someone holds you down and forces you to eat, you can't let outside influences take over and dictate YOUR actions. You have to find the strength to do it, sometimes in spite of others. There are many older posts on Minimins about lack of support, even downright negativity and hostility towards the 'fad' diet from other family members so reading a few of these might inspire you. Sorry to sound harsh but you have to grab it and run with it as this is your body and no-one else's. As Jools said, last night's cheat does not have to turn into a bad day today, that moment has gone

I guess when you mean lack of support you mean people not commenting in your journal as you have had some replies to the questions you've posted here. Sometimes we just have to ask for the feedback if we want it. I know how you feel because I have been through the same thing. There's a lot of people on here and some people have known each other for a while. Are you on a team? Reach out to them as well :) And most of all, take care of yourself.

Sorry if you feel like you've had no support - I've got to be really honest here and say that I don't read people's journals so wouldn't know if someone did need it --- the whole journal thing I always think of as a diary and unless I really knew someone I don't post in them (think I've only ever posted in 2 or 3 in about 3 years).

If you do have occasions when you need that bit extra and that you're not getting it in your journal I'd recommend posting in the main forum as more people are likely to read it.

oh no, you sound down hun. firstly, dont let lack of support be an excuse to cheat . lots of people on here (me included) are doing this with little support other than this forum. CD is not the type of diet you can openly discuss like WW or SW.

secondly, i usually find that if you are int he frame of mind to 'cheat' that no amount of support will stop that. i often post here and get few responses, but i think that is maily because i dont often reply to posts myself. I have a diary in the returners forum and get virtually no responses, although lots of people read it. its a good idea to post on the main forum if you need a response

also, lots of people have commented recently that the forums seem quiet so pls dont take it personally. i dont repy to every message but if i read one where someone is struggling i always try and reply as i know how it is when you feel alone. i must have missed your post asking for help. my advice - drink at least 2lts of water to flush out your food, have your final shake of the day and relax. the more you fret the more it will hurt. just draw a line under it and accept that many people aswell as you blip but the important thing is to carry on. you dont seem to have a lot to lose, and i will make an effort to watch out for your posts. good luck!

Back