Lacking motivation....Help please!!

EvoBlaxx

Evening all, This is my 3rd time at Slimming world. The first time i lost just under 3 stone. I then left and piled on the pounds again. The second time i reached just under 2 and a half stone ,Stopped going again and piled on the weight all over again. My third time of trying and i am finding it harder than ever despite knowing the plan inside out. Can anyone give me some friendly advice/tips .Thanks :)

HI,
This is my 2nd time at slimming world. May I ask what you're finding difficult with the plan? Have you tried the extra easy plan? I'm doing that at the moment & I'm finding it a lot easier than the red & green. If it's a craving, you could follow the flexible syns. Stick with it, you'll be fine.

Thanks for replying.
I find my problem is snacking,mostly in the evening. After these frequent eating binges i feel very guilty ,but yet i continue to do it. I've tried keeping within my syns but I always want more.
I never had this problem the first & second time. I read back on my old food diaries & i am still eating the same things that worked well the first time. I don't know what has happened.

ok. What I think you need to do is the xtra easy plan. That way you can snack on the right things. Your Chicken for instance. This is going to sound extreme, but I had a friend that used to roast a whole chicken & pick at it all day. Your chicken is free. What I do if I want to snack is attack my grapes or clementines or indeed any fruit/veg. Are you on your own? I live with my mother, so If I do want a piece of chocolate I buy the double bars, like bounty or flyte, or even the reeses peanut butter cups, then I have one and my mother has the other. That way you feed your craving and don't overdo it.

EvoBlaxx said:
Thanks for replying.
I find my problem is snacking,mostly in the evening. After these frequent eating binges i feel very guilty ,but yet i continue to do it. I've tried keeping within my syns but I always want more.
I never had this problem the first & second time. I read back on my old food diaries & i am still eating the same things that worked well the first time. I don't know what has happened.

This Is my umpteenth time at slimming world everytime being as successful but life always gets in way and I stop going!

It could be like me you picked up a lot of tips that stuck (like using frylight, how you cook spag Bol) so apart from cutting out the crap it's not a dramatic diet change. So the losses are slower.

I've been off plan now for nearly 3 weeks thankfully I've stuck to it enough to have only gone half either side of what I was two week ago! I've now committed to this 777 week thing

7speed foods
7syns
7 water for a week

So far I'm on day one and I seem to have found some motivation as seeing the amount of "speed" foods I am eating in my diary has spurred me on and the water has finally helped me be "regular" without going into detail

Stick with it and try little tweaks up motivate you, measuring your body and watching the inches melt away, keeping a diary on here and trying new recipes along with fab support whatever is going to help you keep your head in right place!

Oh and this 777 thing has left me far too stuffed to pick. Even though I usually pick between 7- bed if I'm hungry or not

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back