Lactose shmactose

fanianne

So I've discovered I'm lactose intolerant, and it's causing me hell!! It started just with milk but now it's everything. I had a tablespoon of soured cream this afternoon n am now in bed with a hideous stomachache!! I'm fine with lactose free cheese so it doesn't seem to be an actual dairy allergy so that's something. My problem is so many SW recipes use cottage cheese, quark, and muller lights to make them no syns!
Is anyone else dairy or lactose free, n if so what do you eat in a normal day!! Even before starting SW I ate so many yogurts, I love them! But the best I can find now are soya ones for 2 syns.
This is also ruining my motivation to lose weight. Help please!!!

Hey,

You can buy lactase tablets/capsules to take which replaces the enzyme that you are missing and which causes the side effects of lactose intolerance.
This may be a solution if you want to eat regular dairy products.
The tablets may have a syn value, but I'm not sure as its my boyf who is intolerant so I've never checked!
Good luck in finding a solution to suit you!
x

Never heard of the capsules before! Do you know the name??

Thanks love I've had a look at the link n it's been really helpful! Xx

I don't know a specific name I'm afraid, but I'm sure if you put 'lactase capsules/tablets' into amazon or eBay you will come up with something!

Apparently a lactose intolerance is not actually an intolerance, but rather that you lack the enzyme that processes lactose. Replace that enzyme and you should see relief. Alternatively, you could try a vegan diet using soya products in place of dairy. I don't know syn values, but as you said a soya yogurt is 2 syns, the capsules may be worth it to eat syn free yogurts and fat free cottage cheese etc.
X

**when I say a vegan diet, I mean the dairy side, obv if you eat meat, you have no need to omit that!x

Back