Ladies only! Sloggis?

Hi,
I'm on LL. I thought I'd treat myself to some new "sensible" knickers, and sent off for some Sloggis in a size smaller than I normally buy my pants, i.e., I'd normally get 20s so ordered 18s.

Well, they've arrived today and they're tiny! :eek: I doubt I'd get in them before I'm a 14 if then.:(

The invoice says "label size may be misleading" - thanks for telling me after I've ordered! - but this is ridiculous!:confused:

Any sloggi fans/experts out there? Is there a conversion chart? (and what's the point of labelling like this anyway? When I'm a 14 I certainly won't want my knickers to say "18" :8855:)

S.x

Have been wearing Sloggis for years. I like the Tai basics best (higher cut leg) but they dont go over a size 18. I bought size 22 when I was in England in November and they fit fine. I think there must be something wrong and I would send them back if I were you.
I always have the black ones lol.

Thanks Maffie and Redpam. Honestly, these are "maxi" style but I wouldn't fit one bum cheek in them, never mind two. I bought them from La Redoute, so not a dodgy ebay buy or anything!

I guess I'll put them in my thin pile - I will get there eventually - and go to a shop to buy some for now.

You can buy Sloggis anywhere. Department stores, lingerie shops, Bon Marche - they usually do "buy 3 pairs get 1 free" packs.

Tai basic is a maxi but with higher cut legs so they dont look like "big" knickers a la Bridget Jones and very comfortable too

Tai basic is a maxi but with higher cut legs so they dont look like "big" knickers a la Bridget Jones and very comfortable too
For now I need to contain the squidgy bits! But one day...

I always used to wear sloggi maxi's swore by them, they do come up tight but not that tight, doesn't sound right to me hun - could you try sending them back and reordering just to double check.

xxx

For now I need to contain the squidgy bits! But one day...

No you have got it wrong. The Tai gives you a better line than the ordinary maxi. As you want size 18 try them. They really are good. They are not that high cut.

Send 'em back - I wear 22 sloggis & anyone else I'm 24/26! (Sorry if TMI) I think there has been a mistake in the sizing.

Ok I will return them, they're clearly wrong, it's not as if they're cheap pants either! Till then I'll have to carry on with the falling down fade-to-grey M&S ones!

They do sloggi on offer in TJ Hughes if you have one nearby. I like M&S for pants especially when om buy one get one half price, although I know the knicker falling down trick well !!!!

Ok I will return them, they're clearly wrong, it's not as if they're cheap pants either! Till then I'll have to carry on with the falling down fade-to-grey M&S ones!

I paid £13 for 4 pairs but they last forever and they look good all the time too. No baggies.

I paid £13 for 4 pairs but they last forever and they look good all the time too. No baggies.
Curses! Mine were £29 for 3 pairs.:eek:

Curses! Mine were £29 for 3 pairs.:eek:

Lady, you was robbed! Is there not an Evans near you - even there they didn't cost that much last time I bought some

Pam - I go for the white 'cause it is easiest but when I do see a 'black pack' I'll get it.

Thank goodness for Sloggis!:D

Thanks Samantha, very useful.

I wish to announce (fanfare and drum roll) that I wore my Sloggis to last night's WI - definitely snug but not too bad!

Back