Lamb doner meat ...

reluctant_whale

So it's "end of official induction" today .. hurrah .. I promised OH that at the end he could go to the chip shop - he has been so great, not bringing such temptation into my life, and in all honesty I don't want chips .. but I DO fancy doner meat and salad (would put mayo etc on myself at home .. no sauce). MFP is very weird .. some entries has no carbs, some has LOADS, some has a teeny bit .. I am not sure what to do really .. I have only eaten 4 carbs today (tut tut I know ..) but not sure about the contents of my mate Doner so didn't want to risk it ..

I know it's disgusting stuff (honestly) but I really fancy it .. anyone else indulged and survived???

(p.s. I know I could have the chicken one .. or shish .. but I want the dirty bad boy!!)

Please ignore this post - ive tried to delete it. Ive found all the info I need and im going to risk it. If anyone can give me info how to delete a post would be much appreciated! Don't want to clog the board. OR if an admin sees this please delete x

I don't know exactly how many carbs are in doner meat as I think they all vary, but I've had it before with salad and mayo (no pita of course ;)) and still been in ketosis the next day. And I know I've read that a few other members here have done the same.

I think it's fine as an occasion treat, it's only if it's a regular thing that it causes problems.

To delete a post, can't you just go into edit post? not sure if this will delete the while thread though!

Hi do you make your own mayo or can you buy shop brought.

I used Heinz original myself. But you can use any shop brought - as long as it is full fat. Just check the nutritional labels - they will become your best friend!

For the kebab sauce I soaked dried mint in a teeny bit of white vinegar for an hour, then bunged in the mayo, stirred and left it for another half an hour for the mint to infuse. It was GORGEOUS - loads better than what they have at the takeaway!

Back