Lanarkwitch and SW The Epic Saga Continues

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I'm not new to mini's or diets :D I've done the VLCD circuit and kept the vast majority of the weight off, then I moved house ( from Abu Dhabi to Dubai) and managed to plow on 10lbs which I got off with JUDDD ( eventually), then we moved about 2 months ago to Cairo in Egypt, and stayed in a hotel for 4 weeks where I managed to plow on an amazing 16lbs, there was no way I was going to JUDDD that off it would have taken months so I've decided to revisit SW.

I have tried the plan before ( all green days) and found I always had great week 1 losses and then nothing or even a gain. So far I've been following EE, which I thought I would struggle on as I don't eat much meat, but I'm delighted with the losses so far, with week 1 over 6lbs gone and week 2 over 3lbs gone, so very pleased and looking now to week 3. I am a Thursday weigher, so interested in my week 3 weigh in now.

I've signed up online for 3 months and really would like to be close to target by then, husband's is also following the plan, but he doesn't know it, he's lost 3lbs so far!

Would love hints and tips from anyone as it's hard doing it from home and ingredients are very limited here in Egypt, so I find I really need to stick to basic recipes, which has so far meant, what can I throw in with a tin of tomatoes!! Still it all help with the superfree!

Plan for week 3 is to try and have a couple of success express days, I went a bit overboard at the weekend and would really like to see a lb off this week, but prepared for a sts as I've had big losses the last 2 weeks.

Green day for me today, as it's chicken for tea and I won't eat it!

Plan is:

2 weetabix (hex b) with banana
Choc coffee (1.5 syns)

Orange

Lunch: Homemade veg soup
Roll with salad and cheese triangles (hex a/b)

Choc coffee ( 1.5 syns)

Dinner: Mashed potato and loads of free veg with a bit of chicken gravy (2 syns)

0% fat yog with mixed fruits

Total syns for day: 5

Fingers crossed for a sts this week as the scales are not looking good after my Friday binge, have a good day everyone

Ooh wow, it must be hard to stick to plan out in Egypt, no quorn or mullerlights! :eek:

Just been giggling away in your JUDDD diary at the top shelf ham thing, it's put some disturbing images in my head :8855:

I get a bit lazy on green days so it's mostly something with chips for me :eek: But if I come up with some ideas for you I'll let you know :) Don't get yourself too down if the scales aren't kind after the friday slip-up, start afresh. You can take SW one day at a time aswell as JUDDD ;) xx

You've had a couple of fab weeks, so don't get disheartened if you don't see the number you want

Yeah Deb I am prepared for a sts, I've had big losses in 2 weeks, week 3 can always be a sticky point on any diet, my body has prob worked out whats going on now LOL

Ooh wow, it must be hard to stick to plan out in Egypt, no quorn or mullerlights! :eek:

Just been giggling away in your JUDDD diary at the top shelf ham thing, it's put some disturbing images in my head :8855:

I get a bit lazy on green days so it's mostly something with chips for me :eek: But if I come up with some ideas for you I'll let you know :) Don't get yourself too down if the scales aren't kind after the friday slip-up, start afresh. You can take SW one day at a time aswell as JUDDD ;) xx

I got my pork delivery today, it felt like I was doing something very naughty!

Lanarkwitch said:
I got my pork delivery today, it felt like I was doing something very naughty!

Tbh it -sounds- very naughty, if I didn't know what you mean... Where would my conclusion jump to... lol

Hope you enjoy it :D

Well slight change of plan yesterday, but this is why i like to stay neutral until after lunch! Had breakfast and at lunch just a mixed salad and then when the unexpected pork delivery came I decided to try a bit for tea, I don't normally eat pork, in fact I realised aside from bacon rashers and ham slices I had never had actual pork, it was very lean, a bit dry in fact, I baked it in the oven and did some mash and loads of veggies, so i guess it was an EE day yesterday.

Today I am doing green as I want some bread !!

Breakfast as normal 2 weetabix, banana, choc coffee (1.5 syns)

Lunch Homemade veg soup and salad sandwich with cheese triangles (hexa/b) ( remember to take soup out of freezer after this)

Dinner: Pasta with tomato and veg sauce and cheese (hex a)

Snacks: choc coffees x 2 ( 3 syns) and no fat yog with mixed berries.

I am sporting a badly burned finger this morning, was heating up my coffee in the micro and realised the cup Mr Lanark had used had silver metallic paint on it so the sparks were flying, of course stopped the micro and grabbed the cup, the paint had of course heated up to about a million degrees and promplty stuck to 2 of my fingers, I have a bag of frozen carrots and aloe vera on it and it is sore!

Depending on how the scales are tracking after my bad weekend I might do a fast day tomorrow, I am aiming for a SS day today, so need to watch that pasta portion later.

Looking at my chart I am the same weight as this day last week, so if I keep the head screwed on I can hope for a sts......phew!

Owwww that sounds bl00dy painful! I've done similar things (but not as bad) with micro'd stuff, they're deadly things despite the convenience :(

Food looks good for today, I'm a massive weetabix fan :D

Do you peek at the scales quite a lot? Not telling you off 'cause I'm guilty of it too sometimes :eek: I shouldn't though as either way if it's showing a nice number I think I can get away with eating more, if it's a notnice number I can end up going ah b00ger it and overeating. Scales are not good friends to me if I visit them too often :rolleyes:

My scales are not co operating this week, I think I am going to do a DD today to see if I can salvage my week for a sts. yesterdays menu:

Weetabix (hex b) banana

Homemade veg soup, sandwich with salad and 1 cheese triangle ( part of hex a) and hex b

100g Pasta with a sauce made from peppers onions carrots garlic and chili, whizzed up in the blender then added a tin of cherry tomatoes, hex b, mozzarella cheese.

Snack: I made the 1/2 syn roulade, it was ok but I won't be making it again, I had to sub some of the ingredients so mine came out at 2.5 syns, I only had a small bit of it, but I don;t want to get into the habit of eating that kind of stuff. 3 choc coffees

Total syns: 5

Your pasta sauce sounds lovely - I need to break my pesto habit :drool:, so need to consider more sauces like this. I'd be like you with the roulade - sweet stuff doesn't noramlly do it for me, so I'd rather stick to having something really bad every few months than getting into a habit of eating healthy desserts all the time.

Hi Ellbee, I actually just stuck, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, half an onion a medium carrot a chicken stock cube and some water in the mixer and smashed it all to bits with 2 garlic cloves, then simmered it for a while, added a bit of tomato puree and then a tin of cherry toms and some chilli powder ( I love spicy), was getting a bit sick of the standard tomato sauce, the carrot made it almost creamy in texture and about 10 times more filling.

In reality the dessert was more than 500 cals when you added all the ingredients together, free or not, or 1/2 a syn I just couldn't get away with eating that sort of thing, I'd rather save it for a bar of cadbury's. :)

Back