lapsing

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by bali2001, 2 March 2009 Social URL.

1. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    if one was to fail one day by eating and drinking, what sort of damage could you do, would you just not loose any weight that week, or would you put on weight or what?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    ANything can happen. SOme get away with it physically, but then spend days or weeks trying to get back on the wagon, so they end up putting on weight.

Its soooooooooo not worth it. If you are considering a night off, then I would say don't do it. If you are on LL, taking it serious will make your life so much easier.

Out of curiosity, why are you asking? Are you planning a lapse? Again, I would strongly suggest not to. There is no situation that this diet cannot be done on.

Good luck!! :)

x

4. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    i'm, on the LLL, and was asking because on the 5th April its my hubbys b/day and and planned a trip on a london river boat (disco) with friends, i could do without the food, but every one will be drinking and i dont really want to go if i cant drink as i enjoy a drink with friend. If it wasnt his b/day i wouldnt go

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    People in my group have lapsed and still lost weight - but then gained it the following week.

trouble is once lapsed they have found it hard to stop

i daren't lapse as i don't want to go back getting into ketosis

plus, what a waste of money - £66 a week - i can't afford to cheat

daisy x

6. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Its just one night Bali, and don;t you think you could have as much fun without a drink?

As said, you are going for hubbys birthday, not anything else. So have a nice fizzy water, and enjoy watching everyone get goofy while you stay strong, reward yourself by sticking to your commitment, etc.

Alcohol is the worst thinkg youy could have by the way. If you don;t think you can make the one night without booze, I would suggest staying in. Its dangerous to drink alcohol when in ketosis. ANd kind of defeats the whole point of LL, and learning through CBT to change our habits, etc.

Course - I am onlys peaking of LL, LLL may have different views on it. BUt I am a nay-sayer I'm afraid. :)

7. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    oh i didnt know it was dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis, im going to have a serious think about going, as i dont think i could go without having a drink

8. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Bali, as a seriously social drinker I thought I couldn't go out without one but it is possible. In fact I went out on Friday night to the pub and drank water all night.

Please don't jeopardise LL by drinking, but don't give up your social life either - it is possible to have both - honest!!! :)

9. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    thanks for your support, just started to panic at the thought of being out without a drink, thought i might not be able to survive, im sure i can be stronger than that, i will have to get in the right frame of mind before going

10. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I was a drinker, to the point of being an alcoholic!! I drank vodka every night wether at home or out. (Big part of my weight problem) I know your not like that but I now don't drink at all and it really doesn't bother me. I can go out and not drink or eat and still have a good time.
    If I can do it so can anyone!!

11. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    Bali
    I have had 3 kids so know what it is like not to be able to drink because of being pregnant. Its actually not as bad as you think and can be quite amusing to see everyone else getting steadily more daft!

I have two parties this weekend and yes, obviously i would musch prefer to be getting wasted with everyone else, there will be other parties

and, i won't have hangovers

i would go for it, enjoy yourself without a drink, it is possible, honest!

daisy x

12. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thatta girl! YOu can do it!! :)

I think it has something to do with the fact your liver is empty, and if the first thing that hits it is alcholo it can make you quite sick. Some risk it and are fine, but personally I wouldn;t want to take the chance.

13. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    Thanks Daisy and every one else, im thinking straight now, i think i can do it, and whats one nights drinking compared the the confidence a new bod will give me

14. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    thanks every one sitting here in tears now knowing that people who dont even know me care enough to give me support

Blonde Logic likes this.
  15. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    SPOT ON. Now I know you can do it!! :)

16. SerenityValley

SerenityValley Surgically happy.

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    You want to talk to Bekimo. Beki has an immense amount of fun without alcohol, when she's out with friends who drink. I'd say she probably has more fun lol.

17. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    I must admit to: -
    a) being seen as the hero in the pub drinking fizzy water and enjoying the notoriety of having more willpower than anyone else there and being constantly told so (great posative strokes!) and
    b) laughing more at people slowly sliding under the influence and not realising that they are.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Glad you're feeling better about it all.

You've got a month to get your head around it, so if you need more support before it happens, just give us a shout.

Oh, and I agree with Daisy. I came home on Friday night, had a soup instead of a takeaway and woke up Saturday morning as bright as a button with NO HANGOVER.

20. Mini_Me

Mini_Me LighterLife Returner

Start Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi,

Everytime I faced a situation like this (e.g. an annual event, or special occasion) I reminded myself that this time in abstinance is an investment in myself, which will allow me to enjoy even MORE of these special occasions in future....

Think of this b'day event as an investment. Like all investments, it will cost a little in that you won't be able to drink this time. But the return on this investment is huge! like for e.g. being in control of what you eat and drink, Getting a healthy body, being there for your husband in years to come, increased self confidence... you could go on for hours...

One evening out of the rest of you life is a relatively small investment for an excellent pay out in future!!! Good Luck!! :)

21. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    I have been on one night out with the girls without drinking and it was great (and have another one on friday, can't wait). I still had as good a time as they did. And the bonus is that we didn't have to pay/wait for a taxi at the end of the night as I drove!!!

I must admit that I got a few funny looks from bar staff when asking for a bottle of water and a glass with ice!!!

Plus if you like dancing like me then it is another way to burn a few more calories.

I would really recommend it. It's a real eye opener. Although, don't wear heels!!! i noticed that my feet started hurting a lot earlier than usual as i'm sure it is the alcohol that nubs the pain!!

Hope you have a great time. And just think of all the comments you will get from people you may not have seen for a while. Good luck x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.