Large meals and weight gain?

ellie2409

Hi all,

I just had a quick question regarding meal sizes really! If you could kindly look at what I ate yesterday - see if yous think it is ok.. the reason im asking is im about 4 lbs heavier this morning (yes i am a serial weigh in 'er' unfortunately!)

B: muller light yoghurt, 250ml milk(hexa)
L: grilled chicken salad, dressing (1 syn)
D: 35g wholemeal pasta (hexb) chicken pieces 300 ish g, homebake sauce 50g (5 syns), cheese 40g (1/2 hexa plus 3 syns) 10g breadcrumbs (2 syns) mushrooms

snack 2 whole meal bread (hexb) 35g phili cheese (half hexa)
cucumber

Total: 11 syns

I made a pasta bake for dinner and i wouldnt say my plate was massive but i certainly felt very full! Syn wise it looks ok?

I was wondering perhaps if it takes a while to get into system and digest? I have been feeling a bit blocked up (sorry!) but i did go yesterday. Any insights would be gratefully heard!

When is ur official weigh in?.....

Hi all,

I just had a quick question regarding meal sizes really! If you could kindly look at what I ate yesterday - see if yous think it is ok.. the reason im asking is im about 4 lbs heavier this morning (yes i am a serial weigh in 'er' unfortunately!)

D: 35g wholemeal pasta (hexb) chicken pieces 300 ish g, homebake sauce 50g (5 syns), cheese 40g (1/2 hexa plus 3 syns) 10g breadcrumbs (2 syns) mushrooms

cucumber

I made a pasta bake for dinner and i wouldnt say my plate was massive but i certainly felt very full! Syn wise it looks ok?

I was wondering perhaps if it takes a while to get into system and digest? I have been feeling a bit blocked up (sorry!) but i did go yesterday. Any insights would be gratefully heard!

Pasta/bread can put me up 5+lbs the next morning no matter how much of it i ate, it does sit pretty heavily so don't worry... it'll be bloat and it'll disappear x

Your intake looks perfectly fine to me and I know I'll get shot down in flames from the serial weighers but this is just another reason not to weigh everyday........
Weight fluctuates all the time for lots of reasons so to get a better insight it really would be a better principal to adopt to weighing once a week, twice if you must. :)

If you eat one pound in weight of food you will immediately weigh one pound heavier. Doesn't matter what it is - a pound of biscuits, a pound of lettuce. When your digestive system has had a chance to process the food, this will change.

Thank you everyone, you have all been very helpful! I do feel very bloated indeed, i think thats why i picked the red plan as i know what it does to me! usually use my hexb for all bran/peas/porridge etc. Its free on EE i think so dont panic if youre doing green or ee!

My official weigh in is 10th october, just hope i can 'go' before then and get rid of it. Will definately be staying away from pasta - im feeling quite ruogh today compared to other days! I know i shouldnt weigh myself - i just cant help it.. terrible habit to breakxx

Try this, which I read on this forum a while ago. Get a large roll of cheap cling film. Wrap and wrap and wrap your scales, using up all the cling film. Then put the scales in an inaccessible place. It will then be FAR too much trouble to get them out, unwrapped, and use them again!!

I went through a phase of weighing myself before breakfast lunch and dinner and if i had weight on i wouldnt eat.. its ridicules, stick you your weigh nights then you'll have a nice surprise :)

thank you x i shall ask my husband when he gets home to hide them from me, i know its a bad bad habit!!

your diary looks fine to me, i do EE and i try and not have any pasta the day before weigh in.

i also used to weigh myself every day before weigh in, scales were never the same so i just dont bother becuase they were never the same.

someone suggested hiding them or putting them out of your reach- thats what i do with any sweets that are in our house i fling them on top of the kitchen cupboard and i cant reach them, the only way id be able to get them is if i climbed onto the worktop and stand on it. to be honest i am too scared incase i break the cupboards with my weight so i just dont bother. And if they are out of sight out of mind:)

Hi all,

cucumber

You are 6ft 3, what youve eaten there wouldnt sustain a small child!!! When you weigh yourself after a meal you arent weighing your fat etc, just what you are eating, it could be a pound of chocolate or a pound of turnip, it would make you weigh the same.

Back