Larger Than Life: 33,000 Calories A Day

Oh my goodness how sad is that? :(

..I couldn't watch much of it it's so upsetting isn't it?

I saw a film once about a man who couldn't even get out of bed on his own.. yet he still consumed nearly that many calories....

..because his wife felt sorry for him and kept feeding him what he wanted... she was effectively killing him :(

xxx

Hey Bashful,

Thanks for your reply. It is really upsetting yeah. I forced myself to watch it because I really feel that if I hadn't come to my senses I would be on my way to 40 stone just like those people. Food addiction, or food phobia - whatever the eating disorder, it's still an illness and I don't think many people treat it as seriously as it should be treated. People who have no problems with food or their weight will probably watch that and assume that these people are just fat/lazy etc, I really think we should be taught about food and exercise from the day we start school. It sounds stupid but up until maybe my late teens I had no idea why I was fat - nobody ever said it was because of what I ate, and I never got a choice in what I ate either - that was left up to my parents. People need educated properly about healthy eating, even slim people, you know the ones who stay size 8 even though they could eat 4 bigmacs for lunch! They might not be fat but they won't be very healthy!

Anyway rant over lol

As for what you said about being taught about food and exercise at school... they actually are now :)

My daughter is in FS2 and she was always coming home telling me things that they had been learning about and doing at school.. before they start phonics they even do exercise to get their brains working...

...maybe that's just her school though

xxx

Well thats a really good start!

The only attempt my schools ever made to encourage healthy living was when they got rid of school dinners and started feeding us "healthier" things like white bread sandwiches and paninis, burgers and hotdogs, pasta dishes etc, I think the old sloppy stews they used to serve were healthier! My high school got rid of all the chocolate in the vending machines and put in things like Tracker bars - not a good alternative really is it? And they got rid of all the soda and put in fresh orange juice, just as sugary and more expensive. People have no idea how to eat healthily!

Back