lasagne crisps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fatbunny, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    can someone settle an argument, someone in class had suggested making crisps with lasagne sheets as they are syn free but i had read somewhere that if you do not use something for its true purpose you then have to syn it?ie not using the sheets to make a lasagne.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I know that this has been debated on here before and I don't think a conclusion was reached. When in doubt, count as Syns!

4. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was always sure they were free... xx

5. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    free to me! but how do you make em lol.
    x

6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

they're sinned

7. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

put the dried sheets in hot water so they go soft....the cut em in to pieces......dry em and place on bakin tray spray with frylight and i sprinkle with salt and pepper............cook on 200 for 10 mins...
    quark is great to use as a base for a dip to go with them..........chilli sauce in the quark is really nice....and accordin to my sw leader they are free on a green day

8. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    they told us how to make them at my SW group... and they said they're free... they're just pasta so I presume it would be free on a green day as you can eat as much pasta as you like then.

I've never made them, sounds a bit unappetizing but can't knock it until I've tried it. Anyone else tried it?

9. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

they aint bad if u put salt and black pepper on them...........and with a dip they are very nice.......and no syns like crisps....u have to decide what u want.............to be fat and have crisps or be good and have these.........its your choice

10. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

oooer decisions decisions , i reckon synned unless you are using them instead of a meal i.e having just lasagne chips and dip for your lunch with a salad.. otherwise your just going to be eating 3 or 4 extra sheets of lasagne and therefore those extra calories without the benefit of feeling full up like you would if you had it as actual lasagne

but if munching them as free doesnt affect your weight loss then go for it

11. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They are free!
    You are eating pasta that is free on a green day. As long as you just put salt and pepper on them there isnt any syns to be counted.
    I am going to make these tomorrow and eat them with cottage cheese n chives as a dip...cant wait!
    On day 3 and loving this plan!!! Wooohoo!
    Sorry....excited cant you tell!

12. MrsB!

MrsB! Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow Genie Genie i have just looked at your weight loss in 11 weeks!...Well done, do you have any tips for me, i weighed in 4 weeks ago at 20st 5lbs when i joined and i have lost 9 1/2lbs so far
    x

13. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

cheeks, genies loss in the 11 weeks was on lipotrim which is a meal replacement diet like cambridge and lighterlife

xxx

14. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Q,
    when you say.... That free foods used for something else have to be synned...does this mean if i use potatos to make what i thought was syn free crips using the microwave crisp maker....theyre not??

A,
    No they're not syn-free. However, syn them and they're only 3½ syns for 28gms which should make quite a few crisps (far fewer than a bag of crisps).
    I'm a big believer in moderation in all things, so a few of anything like this is not going to have much effect on your weight, it's when you get to making loads of them and eating them in preference to 'proper' food that the problems begin.

The person who answered this question is a slimming world consultant on another forum.

15. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    I don't get the whole not being used for its true purpose, could you not argue that mashing a potato is not using it for its true purpose?
    They sound tasty though.

16. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Tha lasange ones are free, its the ones made with potatoes that have a few syns. There is a recipe on here somewhere about how to make the 'syn free doritos' !

17. Sullivan6d

Sullivan6d New Member

They're synned.

My friend is a SW consultant and recently went to a training day at HQ and they said in no uncertain terms that the lasagne crisps must be synned.

I guess if it's working for you then just carry on but if you find you're not losing as much as you think you should then lay off the lasagne crisps.

Hope this helps

18. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    i have not tried them, it was someone in class suggested them to someone, and i chipped in about them having to be counted as sins if not used as they are meant to be.

19. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Pasta related but not about lasagne crisps...

Is it true that fresh pasta (that takes 2 minutes in the pan, as opposed to the dried stuff) isn't free on green days? Only dried pasta is the free stuff?

I don't get it about the lasagne crisps. I mean, why syns?! lol

20. EnglishRose

EnglishRose Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does this count for everything? i mean if you use quark to make a sweet cream sauce does it have a syn value then as its cheese and not being used as cheese should? :confused::confused: what other foods does tis include? *panic* *panic*

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.