Lasagne white saice recipe question...

Unholy

A while ago I made a white sauce for my lasagne using egg, cottage cheese and fromage frais, it worked really well, but does anyone know if I'll be able to freeze it before cooking?

I'd like to make up some small lasagnes/cannelloni to freeze but am not sure about the egg mixture :/

And apparently I can't spell sauce...

Anyone have an idea?

hi hun im not sure id freeze the white sauce * id make up the lasagne without freeze that but add white sauce before cooking. im not sure how well the white sauce would be once defrosted. it could be trial and error make a small one with sauce freeze it and see how it works out. good luck

Thank you, that sucks... main reason for wanting to make them up is because I always have left over cottage cheese and fromage frais, both of which I don't particularly like (except for the above recipe!)

There's a fantastic white sauce recipe that uses cauliflower which was invented by a lady called Emma on Facebook (her page is something like Emma's SW friendly recipes). It's basically a 1kg bag frozen cauliflower boiled until very soft, then whizzed up with a tub of extra light cream cheese and a bit of garlic. This makes 4 takeaway tubs full (which serves 2, at 2 syns each, if using to make mac and cheese or lasagne for example) and freezes really well. I use it all the time and always have a stock in my freezer! I promise it doesn't taste of cauliflower!!!'

Back