Laser hair removal

Hi ,
I am a PCOS sufferer i have always had excess hair on my upper lip but am now also getting it under my chin . I am considering laser hair removal but i am really worried about the shaving aspect of it and that this will make it even more noticeable than it is already !! I am so self concious of it already i am not sure i can cope with it being darker , more noticeable. Could anyone who has had it done give me some advice, reassurance that it is worth it ?? I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks.:)

I have pcos and I've had laser done - and felt much better! :)

cons -

the cost - ouch! I had a discount but it was very expensive - went to a company called "skin" who know what they're doing - I had a test patch done at a beauty place before that but they burnt me slightly!!

it only works on fairly pale skin with dark hair - my friend gets it done who has black hair and asian skin, but they have to do something special to her skin first (?)

it's not as permanent as they claim - for everyone - most of the hair has gone but six months later I needed another 4 top up treatments, and now it's 6 months on again, and I've bought an IPL machine from boots because I can't afford to go back to skin (although I'd love to)

I don't know whether any of these treatments have any serious long term health risks like skin cancer but I'm told they dont..

pros -

looked and felt freeeeeeeee :) finally no longer carrying tweezers with me everywhere and plucking out the hideous hairs every half an hour!!

my face looked and felt smooooth and normal again

I didn't realise how much it was getting me down til it was gone.

no problem with stubble at all.. they can shave you just before they zap you.. or you can do it yourself.. it's only before the first session that it's hard to leave the hair to grow (plus shaving it). I chose a week when I was getting loads done around the house and just left it.. it wasn't easy but it was lovely when I came out of 'skin'

I now have an ipl from boots, which I love and does the same sort of thing.. but laser treatment is more powerful. Be very careful with the laser light near your eyes for either machine

good luck and let us know how you get on - I'm really pleased I had it done.. I'm just hoping that loosing weight and being on metformin will help me with the hair long term...

xx

Back