Late night snacking---- help

Niamh42

Hey,

I would love someone's advice who has
Broke the habit of snacking at night time.
I am an angel during the day with food, I go to the
Gym 3 times a week plus I walk my dog 4 times a week.
And I'm not loosing any weight. I crave chocolate at night when
I sit down and watch tv. This is my ultimate downfall. I have tried sitting down later at night and keep busy and snacking on fruit and nothing works!!!

Thanks for your advice x x

I find that if I crave something sweet at night I either have a big cup of tea with a pink and white or a jaffa cake or I will have a low calorie hot chocolate. That usually settles my cravings.

Sx

I would save some points or have an allowance from your weeklys. I try to save 3 or 4 points then I can have a wispa ice cream bar, or a fudge or a pot of choc philly with 8 mini breadsticks, all of these are 3pp... satisfy my very sweet tooth and if needed I'll use my other point on a mug of hot chocolate. The good thing about WW for me is that you can personalise it and if having a little sweet snack in the evening helps you keep on track then have it. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Try making some low point puddings for snack time.. Some 0 point jelly with fruit?
Sometimes I get a few squares of chocolate and grate them all over the jelly, it makes it go a long way and every bite gives you a chocolate kick.
Either that or try chewing gum at night when you sit down to watch telly, that was your mouth is busy and maybe it might trick your brain into think you have eaten.

This is my problem I do so well during the day and then it all just goes wrong at night. I always make up a sugar free jelly so I know I have that with fruit if I have no pp left and if I have a few pp left I'll have a scoop of Walls reduced fat ice cream with it, it's delicious and does the trick and only 1pp per scoop and the other life saver is cadburys highlights hot chocolate drink it always helps my chocolate cravings, I buy the dark chocolate one it's extra chocolatey xox

Jennjenn- is there a dark highlights? Iv never seen it. I love dark chocolate. How many pp is it. Thanks

Just found it on tesco :)

Jennjennx said:
This is my problem I do so well during the day and then it all just goes wrong at night. I always make up a sugar free jelly so I know I have that with fruit if I have no pp left and if I have a few pp left I'll have a scoop of Walls reduced fat ice cream with it, it's delicious and does the trick and only 1pp per scoop and the other life saver is cadburys highlights hot chocolate drink it always helps my chocolate cravings, I buy the dark chocolate one it's extra chocolatey xox

This is exactly me too kids go to bed and then I bored so I think ahhh food!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try apple/banana sprinkled with cinnamon - put it in the oven to bake and you'll have yourself Something sweet yet healthy.

Skimmed milk with a bit of hot chocolate might curb the urge for chocolate.

Hope that helps x

what temp do u bake on? sounds nice, I want to try it..:)

I have exactly the same problem. I try to plan ahead and try and recognise when I am likely to pick.

For example, I make my OH lunch for him to take into work the next day. If I make it late in the evening, then I will pick as i prepare it but if i make it as the same time i am doing dinner then I am less likely to pick.

I have also started buying choccies etc for OH/Kids that i don't like so that I am not tempted to eat them.

I'm really bad for snacking. Got worse, too. I used to be ok with a ww yogurt and 2 ww biccies but now I have loads! I make sure the majority of it is fruit- grapes are great to pick at in front of the telly. When I want something quite indulgent I use the ww mini 'Magnum' type ice cream sticks, for 3 pp or ww choc brownie dessert for 4pp. ww choc 'cornetto' type desserts are 4pp, too. I think getting into a strict habit is important, then it feels too weird to eat a full fat choc bar! Hope this helps...

I usually always have a few pp left at night.. Last night I had a curly wurly 3pp ... It looks big so it makes me think I'm being naughty ...
I always make SF jelly up and I buy the pots aswel
I sometimes have a cup of tea aswel I think that helps ..

I have the same problem. One simple thing is just to not buy any chocolate/cookies/naughty things. If there's no chocolate in the cupboards I don't feel like trekking out to buy some. I got a load of chocolate for Christmas (even though I specifically said I didn't want any) so I just took it into work for everyone else to eat. I was in everyones good books for it too! Double bonus there.

I also make up the jelly pots like loads of people are suggesting. They're really simple to make and can just sit in the fridge for lunchboxes & evening cravings.

It's great that you've identified this as your problem area. Now you know where you need to focus your energy to improve. Good going and good luck xx

I eat quite late And this has really stopped me snacking at night. I also try not to sit in front of the tv doing nothing, I go have a bath then watch tv in bed, when I'm all cosy I don't want to get up! Or I'll do something like knitting that takes up a lot of concentration so I forget about food. X

Back