Laughter is the best Medicine!

didimissy

Day 96, and I have been pondering and pontificating on the advantages of laughing.

1. Laughing / giggling for 15 minutes burns 10-40 calories
2. Laughing relaxes you. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.!
3. Laughing boosts your immunity (yup, it's true!), it decreases stress and increases your natural anti-bodies
4. Laughing helps your heart... by increase blood flow and improves functionality of blood vessels!
5. When you laugh your body releases endorphins - Them feel good thingies that we used to get from food .......or orgasms (but don't mix orgasms and laughter ... could end badly!)
6. Linked to 5 above, laughing reduces pain!
7. Laughter eases Anxiety and fear
8. Laughter helps keep you positive and optomistic - you're more likely to succeed at what you're trying to do!
9. Laughing increases your energy level - so you can do more...
10. Laughing get's you out of the negative headspace you may be in ..... it's difficult to be cross and annoyed and anxious when you're p*ssing yourself with laughter

So as the song below goes - Always look on the bright side of life, especially on bad diet days

* Put on your favourite comedy show
* Run in a park or play like a 2 year old does - without worrying how silly you look. just enjoy yourself
* Laugh at yourself
* Add reminders to your life to laugh - whether a silly poster or a toy or s daft screensaver.
* Always look for the ridiculous in any situation the irony and absudity of life around you.

Some things to make you giggle .......

Monty python's Always look: Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - Life Of Brian (Monty Python) Lyrics - YouTube
Bohemian rhapsody alla muppets: The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody - YouTube

Find a video that makes you laugh - add it in!

Love this Thread............. I watched ( The ultimate dog tease on Youtube) It was so funny.

Well done on your 96 days...... when I got to 100 days in 2010 I felt like Id reached a real milestone and wrote a thread about it, called 100 days of lipotrim its still on here somewhere Its good to laugh and good to reflect :)

Back