Laura-Bella's S&S journey

Laurie

MM addict
So..........after reading numerous diary's I've finally decided to start one of my own!

A little bit about me:- I've been overweight the majority of my adult life, a couple of years ago I did CD and after losing 5 stone I gave up. Silly really as I needed to lose a lot more than that and since then I've manged to put 3 of them 5 stones back on.
I've messed about with SW a few times. I actually love that diet, and If I wasn't in a rush to lose the weight I'd definitely be following the extra easy plan, on SW.

However me being me always leaves things to the last minute and now I've no other option than to follow a VLCD.

Last year my mum and I booked a holiday for this coming June. At the time I was like yeah I'll be slim I've got over a year to lose the bulge. I'll do it with SW, I'll be fine, sorted!

What happens well it's now January and I go away in 21 weeks and I've loads of weight to lose! I know I will not be at goal by the time we go but I know for sure I will be a lot smaller in fact probably the smallest I've been in 10 years! Im hoping by June I can fit into a size 14, I'll be made up with that.

When I return from my jolly's I then have 3 months until I'm a bridesmaid for my brother. Hopefully in those few months I can get to target. There's no way I'm walking down the isle behind the bride (who's a size 6) and her three gorgeous sisters (who are 8's and 10's) looking like the odd one out! I just wouldn't be able to do it, no way. I've no confidence what so ever.

So basically I've two massive things coming up and If I cant lose the weight for this then I have to live with the fact I never will!

I'm so determined this time will be 'my time' to shine. I want to prove to everyone that I can lose weight!

I started my journey on the 19th January. My weigh in day is Thursday, and my first week I lost 11lb! Which I'm over the moon with! My S&S stuff should arrive tomorrow and I can not wait to start.

I am known to ramble on and on so I will apologise in advance lol.

So here's to the new and improved Laura, roll on June!!

Good luck Laura! :-D

Thank you guys. I really do hope I can do this fingers, toes and everything else crossed!

Today I've had porridge made with water, lemon bar and a crispy shake. They were all so lovely. A million times nicer than the Exante stuff. I just can't compare them.

Tonight I've just had a few bits of chicken, It came through in my instructions to have some or fish a day. Do you all do this ? I don't think I really want some every day! Maybe at a weekend for a treat. I'm actually just satisfied enough with my packs.

Onto better things, my work trousers are getting baggy (they're my own cos I tore my work ones, and refused to order any more) I've got 3 pairs of smaller pairs at home. I'm hoping that by this time next week I'll be in them! fingers crossed again lol.

Anyone until tomorrow have a gr8 evening everyone

xxx

Well done on getting through day 1 Laurie! I'm on 3 packs and don't have the protein that often but I do have the veggies most days (although not always 200g). I usually only have the protein if I'm going out for a meal and might have the protein and salad or veg so I can still be normal but on plan. Or occasionally I have it at weekends when eating with my OH. Definitely not every day though.

I'm sure you've got all the motivation you need to get to goal, especially with a wedding lurking, and your mini goal for your holiday. Being a size 6 is not natural though ;)

We'll done on loss so far!! You have amazing goals to aim for!!! Good luck xxx

Hope you have a great day today L. Take it an hour at a time and stay busy! I didn't know there was a size 6! Pretty sure that's just wrong. Surely after size 8 you're in trouble, unless you are particularly dinky. In the US they have zero...what's all that about. There are some sizest pressures on we girls, that's for sure!!!

Welcome :)) keep us posted on your progress I have been on the diet for 32days and lost almost 2 stone as of this morning. I have 4 packs as I couldn't mentally deal with the chicken as I feel it would throw me off track.

Hope you have a great day today L. Take it an hour at a time and stay busy! I didn't know there was a size 6! Pretty sure that's just wrong. Surely after size 8 you're in trouble, unless you are particularly dinky. In the US they have zero...what's all that about. There are some sizest pressures on we girls, that's for sure!!!

I know crazy right?. It's my SIL (to be's) birthday today, and I bought her a top that I've got that she really liked. Taking it out the bag and comparing a size 8 (they didn't do a 6!) and a size 22, well you can fit 3 of her into my top lol.

Hopefully that won't be the case for much longer I don't wanna be a 6 or even an 8 or 10 a 12 for me would be perfect.
She is great support though. She doesn't want to be so small, but it doesn't matter what she eats she doesn't put weight on.

Oh how I'd love that lol.

Thanks for your advice, I'm off out shopping with my mum shortly, dad's at home waiting for parcel force to deliver my packs. I actually prefer to be working it really takes my mind off needing the loo more than anything seem to get through a lot more water than I do when I'm at home!

You have a good day too hun, I've just noticed you're doing so well, how long have you been doing S&S? Please tell me it does get easier lol xx

Welcome :)) keep us posted on your progress I have been on the diet for 32days and lost almost 2 stone as of this morning. I have 4 packs as I couldn't mentally deal with the chicken as I feel it would throw me off track.

Katie you have done fantastically well, your losses are amazing. How have you found it? I bet your friends and family have noticed all the weight dropping off you!

I'm still waiting for my delivery to arrive. Should be some point today I'm still using up my samples xx

It gets so much easier as time goes on and when you see the results it really renews your positivity to keep pushing forward and achieve your goals x

You have a good day too hun, I've just noticed you're doing so well, how long have you been doing S&S? Please tell me it does get easier lol xx

Thanks Laurie, feel a bit battle-scarred after a dodgy week but up until this week, my 10th, I was doing really well. Had a wobble due to a weird insufficiency which I've corrected, hopefully with a supplement from tomorrow. It honestly does get easier. I have had cravings and the odd feeling of hunger but it does become routine; you don't feel real hunger and I haven't had a headache or mood issues until this week. I don't think my issue is common to I would say that honestly, it does get easier. NOT that it's ever easy, but it is totally manageable and the impressive weight losses keep you going. Keep us all up to date. This is a very supportive group! :D

Thanks everyone, yesterday was a good day. I went shopping wit my mum. Didn't buy anything apart from 2 little handbags from Primark that were only £4 each. I thought they'd be ideal for my holiday. It was quite nice window shopping, knowing one day I will be fitting into all these nice clothes.
I do have to admit, a couple of weeks ago I found a good website its called 'everything for £5' Its full of clothes, shoes and accessories all a fiver each. They dont stock many big sizes but I did order a couple of dresses and I get them out every couple of days and think to myself I'll be wearing this in a few months. It's a great feeling.

Diet wise all is fine. Bought some ready cooked frozen chicken in Iceland for £2.50 I get 5 portions. Just take them out when I need them.

My order came yesterday, and what a surprise, I was given a shaker, a tape measure and a packet of vitemins. What lovely people throwing in freebies!

As I ordered the mens 5 a day pack which works out as 46 days for me I've only got 28 bars :-( I've decided Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I'm going bar less. Think I may have my chicken on these days! I love them bars wish I could have one every day. But the saving I was making I just couldn't warrent it.

Anyway here's to a good day for all of us

xxx

whoop whoop second week on a vlcd, half this week on S&S and I've lost 5lb. Over the moon with that takes me to a stone and 2lb loss in 2 weeks.

Here's to week 3, full of determination

Best thing ever was my mum hiding the scales I was so excited to jump on them this morning! Bye bye dreaded scales for another week.

Hope everyone is well xx

Thats brilliant Laurie!! Have you changed your profile pic btw??

I'm away to look up taht £5 website you mentioned!!

xxx

You sound like you are in the S & S zone Laurie. Make sure you stay there, day at a time love, day at a time!!

Well done Laura, great loss! For future reference you can choose as many of the products as you like if you tick the 'confirm in notes at checkout' option. You just type a list of what products and flavours you want in the box that pops up at check out. So you could have chosen 42 bars if you wanted to instead of 28. Never mind :)

Back