Step 1 Sole Source Laura's 2nd attempt

Lauraswift

Hi, this is my 2 Nd attempt at Cambridge. I done well the first time but then life became hectic and I had to stop. I know this diet works for me so I just need to find the will Power! I am going to start tomorrow with some packs I had left over. Fingers crossed I can stick to it as I'm working a 12.5hr shift.

I found the diary a great way to reflect the last time and keep me motivated. Fingers crossed I can come Tomro night at 100% ss

Well it took me a little

Longer than hoped to get started but I'm on day 2 and hers to another 100% ss day. Yesterday was good just kept busy but I have woke this morning with a very loud rumbly tum! Water water water for me :)

So I feel off the Wagon and didn't complete a day 2. I'm back on day 4 ss and so far so good. Hoping for a decent first week wi to keep me motivated but I figure if I stick at it and lose 4lbs a week I will be at target for Xmas :) now that's exciting :)

Well I have made the 'first' step again! I have contacted my old cdc to get a consultation in a bid to start my journey ( for the last time) in January! The last 3 months have been horrible for me and as am emotional eater I have gained all the wait ( and probably more) since my first journey! I am in the right mind set to lose the weight once and for all and 2014 is my year for positive things to happen in my life and for me to finally be in control.

I will be on here looking for support in my journey with my good and not so good moments. I am hoping to start on 2nd jan if I can get appt with CDC failing that it will be the 6th.

Look forward to the final journey :)

Well today I had my 'last supper' which I really enjoyed but I'm also really exited about starting cwp Tomro and this time not stoping until I reach my target weight.

I must admit I'm a little apprehensive about jumping on the scales in the morning as not sure I wanna see the horrible number that will flash at me. I must stay positive for it will be the last time (hopefully) that I shall see the numbers on the scales. It can only be onwards and downwards from here on in.

Looking forward to a fresh start and a lighter 2014 :)

Well I stood on the scales this morning and had a huge reality check! I am the heaviest I have ever been. Good thing is I'm back on track in a good mindset and I will never see those numbers on the scales again :)

Good luck to everyone back in plan today.

Well I'm just having my 1 st shake and I forgot how much I actually enjoy the choc mint shakes mmmm

Well I stood on the scales this morning and had a huge reality check! I am the heaviest I have ever been. Good thing is I'm back on track in a good mindset and I will never see those numbers on the scales again :) Good luck to everyone back in plan today.

I'm not looking forward to this precise moment on Saturday; I know I'm heavier than I've ever been without even stepping on the scales. But I'm keen to turn my life around. And as you say, I will never see these high numbers again!

Looking forward to hearing of your journey and supporting you through it! :) x

Well I'm just having my 1 st shake and I forgot how much I actually enjoy the choc mint shakes mmmm

Hey Lauraswift, I've heard good things about choc mint. Would you recommend any of the other flavours? I have a feeling that I'll hate the porridge, blergh!

Hey Lauraswift, I've heard good things about choc mint. Would you recommend any of the other flavours? I have a feeling that I'll hate the porridge, blergh!

Hi I tried them all last year when I started including the porridge. Only ones I like now are choc, choc mint and at a push strawberry. I love the lemon bars, choc chewy bars and malt toffee oh and cranberry :) I only like oreintal chilli soup and chicken and mushroom soup.

I would say try one of each to start with and see what you like. If I didn't like the shake I would drink it in one go and flush my mouth with water to save losing a packet and to make sure I had all my nutrients

Hi all, I'm starting CD on the 7th Jan (for the 2nd time) having lost 2st and gaining it all back! Determined this time to see the course through. Recently married we are trying for a baby, being 37 I need all the help I can get so losing the weight is a must!! Hope to have and share support on here! Xxxx

Hi all, I'm starting CD on the 7th Jan (for the 2nd time) having lost 2st and gaining it all back! Determined this time to see the course through. Recently married we are trying for a baby, being 37 I need all the help I can get so losing the weight is a must!! Hope to have and share support on here! Xxxx

Hi mrs D, your story is very similar to mine :) good luck we shall both be successful second time round. :) it's my 30th in april and I'm a bridesmaid for my dear friend in may then go a cruise so it's a busy but big year for me. No room for not succeeding :)

Hi I tried them all last year when I started including the porridge. Only ones I like now are choc, choc mint and at a push strawberry. I love the lemon bars, choc chewy bars and malt toffee oh and cranberry :) I only like oreintal chilli soup and chicken and mushroom soup. I would say try one of each to start with and see what you like. If I didn't like the shake I would drink it in one go and flush my mouth with water to save losing a packet and to make sure I had all my nutrients

Thank you! I think I'll start off with the shakes and soups. Will avoid the porridge until I'm sick of the shakes and soups and need a change lol.

Well it's been a good first day. Must go have my 2nd shake oops been busy and only just hungry. Drank my 2.25 litres of water plus water in shakes etc. I'm gonna walk my wee dog then possibly have a bath before bed.

My mum gave me a steam cleaner today and I have been busy cleaning everything and anything. Thank goodness I'm working tomro or I would start cleaning again. Think I'm developing OCD :)

Very best of luck :)

Well day two is here! I'm up and ready for my 12.5 hr shift. Roll in bedtime tonight.

I have a full headache which I hope doesn't get worse but I have lost 3lb so I'm very happy with that. I wouldn't say I'm hungry just need to drink some water.

Have a good day everyone x

I am also an emotional eater. But I have come to recognise that comfort foods are tricks because they only elevate our mood at the time we are eating them. I have been reading a book onCognitive Behavioural Therapy and have learnt that switching our thought process, can change the way we view comfort food. I know this is easier said than done but there are ways to break the cycle of emotional eating. Foods we call ‘treats’ are anything but that. Is it really a treat if it leaves us feeling guilty after we eat it? Is it a treat if it takes us further away from our goal to lose weight, or increase our energy, improve our mood, or feel, and be healthier?

…Because if you take a moment tothink about it…. What are a few moments of “bliss,” if itleaves you feeling low, and further away from your goal?

I have started to use one of the techniques I have learnt and that is if I go to reach for something “bad,” I ask myself why I am reaching forit? Am I really hungry? Am I looking for comfort? Or am I thirsty? The first step is recognition then making a choice.

I find that having a good support network around you is helpful – so this forum is great! Surrounding yourself with likeminded people is a great way to stay motivated.

You are doing great Laura. x

Back