Laura's CC diary

lauralozzle

So, I did have a diary before but I think it's best to start from scratch.

So, I'll introduce myself. My name is Laura, my main reason for losing weight is because I'm a bridesmaid in October and I want to lose a couple of pounds so that the dress zips up a little easier! I'm a third year university student, studying History with English. Now that I have very nearly finished my dissertation, I feel that I can concentrate on my diet once again.

I have done calorie counting in the past. I know it works if I don't lie to myself! This thread will hopefully become not just my weight loss diary, but my food diary.

So, today is Day 1. My Calorie Target = 1450.

Breakfast: Four slices of nimble toast, spread and some marmite.

Lunch: Home made butternut squash and sweet potato soup, watered down a little because it's really thick! Two slices of nimble toast and some cheese.

Snack: Maltesers mini bunny. YUM. Small clementine. Muller Light Greek style yogurt lemon flavour.

Dinner: Smoked haddock, leek and cheese sauce fishcake, broccoli, cauliflower, pan fried new potatoes with bacon (done with butter flavour fry-light).
P1000406.jpg

Snack: Alpen light chocolate cereal bar. Options hot chocolate with a splash of milk.

Calories: 1,418

Dinner was by my own admission, lovely! I do wish I had some nicer looking plates though!

Tomorrow I plan on getting back inside the gym. That is another thing that has not gone to plan recently!

Last edited:
I have been ever so productive today! Got some ironing and washing done, cooked two lots of beef and quorn chilli (beef for boyfriend, quorn for me) and popped it in the freezer. Nice for dinner or lunch! I also started to clean my bedroom today - it is a huge mess! So, didn't quite get that finished today! Will continue tomorrow!

I did go to the gym today, and spent 21 minutes on the elliptical machine doing some interval training. It was pretty difficult, the machine kept telling me my heart rate was too high! At least nobody could argue that I wasn't giving it my all though! tommorrow I intend to do some weight lifting in the morning, and then because it's Sunday when I get back I'll make a lovely grilled breakfast with bacon, eggs, mushrooms and the like. I'll need to protein anyway!

I weighed in today at: 146.8lbs. However, my real weigh ins will be on Monday so hopefully I'll see a loss by then!

I also took my measurements today which are:

Chest (Above Bust)= 33"
Bust= 35"
Chest (Below Bust)= 30"
Waist= 28.5"
Navel= 32"
Hips= 39"
Thigh (Left)= 23" (Right)= 23"
Calves (Left)= 14.5" (Right)= 14.5"
Wrist= 6"
Forearm= 9"

That makes my bodyfat: 26.38% which is 'acceptable'.

My food diary for the day

Breakfast: Porridge made with milk, with cinnamon, nutella, sweetener, topped with a chopped banana. Glas sof orange and raspberry juice. = 462 calories.

Lunch: Butternut squash and sweet potato soup with natural yogurt. Toast x2. = 235 calories.

Snack: Plum. = 30 calories.

Dinner: Linda McCartney sausages made into toad in the hole, mashed potato and broccoli. = 633 calories.

Pudding: Chocolate mousse = 90 calories

Snack: Option hot chocolate. = 40 calories.

Calories Total: 1,490. So, 40 calories over target but to be honest, I think I'll live!

Foodday2.png

Yummy eats. :)

Another good day today. I was planning on going a little over on the calories because of Sunday dinner but it was not so bad at all! I'm well chuffed! :)

Got my workout in today too, ten minutes on the elliptical, 23 minutes weigh training and 7 minutes stretching. We'll see if I ache tomorrow! :)

So, my food for the day:

Breakfast: Two slices of toast with spread, mushrooms, tomato, and scrambled eggs. Glass of orange and raspberry juice. = 446 calories.

Lunch: Sweet potato and butternut squash soup with natural yogurt. Two slices of dry toast. = 238 calories.

Snack: Glass of apple and raspberry juice. Plum. =112 calories.

Dinner: Roast pork, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, roasted carrots, roated parsnips, boiled new potatoes, yorkshire pudding and gravy. = 578 calories.

Pudding: Chocolate mousse. =89 calories.

Snack: Hot chocolate. = 40 calories

Calories overall: 1,504.

Exercise: Elliptical, weights, stretching and walk with the dog = 356 calories.

My food today was very yummy :D
food2.png

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow... we'll see *fingers crossed*

Hello here to subscribe- your food all looks delicious :) Good luck for WI!

Back