Laura's Diary: This is supposed to be 'extra easy', right?

My name is Laura, I'm a 22 year old student.

I started my Slimming World Journey on 12th March this year. I couldn't believe I was 16st7.5lb! I'd been kidding myself for a long time that my weight wasn't so bad and that I was happy with my size. When I was 18 I was 9st4lb and I've almost doubled my weight in five years.

During January and February this year I was very ill with a nasty viral infection that wouldn't go away. The wake up for me was the doctor telling me that if I did not change, I would have heart disease by the time I was 55 and a 50% chance of type 2 diabetes.

In addition to the diet I am hitting the gym 6 times a week, I feel so much better for doing that. I know Slimming World says you don't have to exercise but I was advised to by a doctor and feel so much better already for doing it! I do a mix of cardio (spin classes and the cross trainer), weight training (body pump and weight lifting) and swimming. I aim for between 1 hour and 3 hours a day depending on how busy I am.

My weight loss journey to date -
Start weight - 16st7.5lb
Week 1 - 16st6lb (-1.5lb)
Week 2 - 16st6lb (0lb)
Week 3 - 16st3lb (-3lb)
Week 4 - 15st13.5lb (-3.5lb) Half stone award!!
Week 5 - 16st0lb (+0.5lb)
Week 6 - 15st9lb (-5lb)
Total loss so far: 12.5lb

Fingers crossed I get my stone award next week!

Feeling great this week. Fit back into my size 20 trousers again. I tried them on on Monday and was so pleased I could do them up but they were a bit tight around the bum.

Tried them on again yesterday and they were better, went to work in them :)

A bit disappointed that I couldn't get to the gym as much as I've wanted, like today I wanted to go and just didn't have time, and tomorrow I've only got time to go for half an hour.

Its the weigh in tomorrow so hopefully those scales will be nice to me

Thank you so much!

WI today, lost 1.5lb and got my stone award. Was also second place on SOTM as well (lost 12.5lb in April, the lady that won had lost a stone).

Feeling really good with it. Going to try and give 100% this week and work towards my stone and a half :)

Back