Laura's quest for the 24 year old me!!!!

6lauraha

Hi All
Have been debating for a couple of weeks about whether to start a diary after seeing so many inspirational ones while browsing minimins
What spurred me on was my weight gain at meeting last night in my third week of slimming world for no apparent reason, which then spiralled into an indian takeaway, wine, an iced doughnut and a kitkat - I should still be happy I have lost 6 and a half pounds in three weeks but I followed my usual pattern:cry:
I hope that if I post my food on here then people will be able to tell me if I am going wrong and I can use it to look back at successful weeks for motivation
I am 32 years old and have a partner (who isn't exactly motivational with my weight loss attempts) and a five year old son
I have tried various different diets over the years - and 8 years ago I managed to get to target with weight watchers before a holiday to new york (hence the 24 year old me!!!)
I met my partner a year after that and have been piling on weight ever since and now have six stone to lose
I joined Slimming World at the beginning of 2011 and lost 1 and a half stone in 12 weeks but due to financial circumstances I couldn't continue classes, I tried going it alone but after a few weeks old habits started creeping in and I have now pretty much put it all back on
So three weeks ago I joined Slimming World again with my mum, hoping her support and the group's support would spur me on to lose this weight for good
Well that's me and I hope even if nobody reads this that it will help me along - I don't care how long this takes but I need to do this for me and my family!!!! :)

Hi there, Laura!

I look forward to seeing your progress! You'll find lots of hints, tips and motivation for keeping on track.

x

Hi good luck with ur weight lose I'm sure you will stock to it this time (bar last night!) we all have slip ups tho it's life so don't worry. Hope u have a good day today x x

Thanks for the messages
Can anyone tell me how many grams I can have of reduced fat mozzarella as HEXA - the book says 45g for full fat
Thinking of making a pizza for tea tonight

What's the nutritional infomation per serving, and I can check for you x

Rubyred - the nutrional information is as below
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 100g
Amount per Serving
Calories 165

Total Fat 8.5g
Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0.3mgTotal Carbohydrate 1.5gDietary Fiber 0gSugars 1.5gProtein 20.5g

If you could check for me that would be great

Juicylucy - thanks

Hi laura I think everyone has slip ups the important thing is that you draw a line under it, forget it and get right back on the straight and narrow... it might help you to set some little targets on your way to loosing the 6 stone, I know when I thought about how much I wanted to loose it can seem daunting and sometimes impossible but if you set smaller targets when you reach them you can feel like youve achieved something great and have a little treat each time not necessarily food but a hair cut or a new top that sort of thing!!!
stay positive and good luck!

reduced fat mozzerella isn't listed as a HE, so its not officially a HE, I get it as 8.5 syns for 100g, so you COULD use around 60g as a HE but as its not listed so its up to you whether you use it as a HEa or not :)

Thank for the messages everyone - I went with full fat mozarella in the end - so here is my food for yesterday
Breakfast - 3 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread (1/2 HEXB) with 2 Laughing Cow Light (1/3 HEXA) and some grapes
Lunch - Chicken Mug Shot and an apple
Dinner - SW Veg Pizza (Mozarella 30g 2/3 HEXA) with Butternut Squash Wedges and salad
Snacks - Tesco Light Choices Cereal Bar (4 syns), grapes and a mullerlight
Syns - Pizza Base 2 slices (8) and Cereal Bar (4)
Total Syns for the day - 12

I have highlighted my superfree to ensure I am getting my third with each meal and have gone back to daily syns rather than deducting from a weekly total as this maybe where I went wrong last week
I will be posting my food everyday so let me know if you notice anything wrong
Thanks everyone

does anyone know how I can update my weight loss ticker as it seemed to update when I changed my weight last week but hasn't changed this week
Sorry really new to the site so haven't quite got to grips with it
Thanks

click on your ticker it will take you to tickerfactory, enter the pin/password you made when you created the ticker and it will let you update your weight.

does anyone know how I can update my weight loss ticker as it seemed to update when I changed my weight last week but hasn't changed this week
Sorry really new to the site so haven't quite got to grips with it
Thanks

How I do it is just click on the ticker, and it takes you right to the webpage where you enter your new weight. x

Hi everyone - my food from yesterday was
Breakfast - 3 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread with 2 Laughing Cow Light (1/3 HEXA) and some grapes
Tea - SW Lasagne (Mozzarella 2/3 HEXA & 3.5 syns) with Butternut Squash Wedges
Snacks - Mullerlight, cereal bar, more grapes and wholemeal pitta (HEXB) with scrambled egg, peppers and onion
Syns - Mozzarella 3.5, Cereal Bar 4, Crispbread 3
Total syns 10.5

and today
Breakfast - 3 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread (1/2 HEXB) with 2 Laughing Cow Light (1/3 HEXA) and some grapes
Tea - Beef Chow Mein and boiled rice
Snacks - more grapes and cereal bar
Syns - Chow mein 8.5, cereal bar 4
Total syns 12.5

And DenLen have taken your advice and set myself some smaller targets - so have added a second weight loss ticker for my summer week off work on 11th July and will make sure I use my June bonus to buy myself something non food related when I reach it - notice I am saying when now and not if
Once I have reached 50 posts I will list all my smaller goals in my signature and can hopefully start ticking them off
On another note I bought myself a Tefal Actifry today as someone at group recommended it for SW friendly chips - has anyone else tried it and if so what did you think - may try it tomorrow to make tea

I was so impressed with myself last night, my first takeaway on plan, usually I would have had crispy duck pancakes, plain chow mein, two spring rolls and a mountain of prawn crackers
Last night I had a beef chow mein and some rice because I thought I would be hungry but in the end only managed half of it, but did polish the rest off later in the evening, I didn't even miss my usual feast
Going to try my new actifry to make some chips to go with the haddock fillets I have in my freezer, working this afternoon and not sure what time i'm finishing so wanted something I could just chuck in and leave
On an exercise note I have signed myself up for an 8km walk in four weeks time and have started my training, I have been walking to work (around 5km) at least three times a week since Christmas so hoping I should be able to manage it with a bit of training
Better go as think my breakfast may be burning
Have a good day everyone

Morning Laura!

Well done on the chinese! I would've raided the entire menu, that's why I avoid it completely for now.

Hope you have a good day x

Hi all, hope you had a good weekend in the sunshine
Tried the actifry chips on saturday and put some chicken it it tonight and were both amazing - definitely worth the investment
Saturday consisted of working way longer than planned and today went to mum's and did two long walks
I have signed myself up for a 8km walk in four weeks time collecting for the South West Legal Support Service - I work for a law firm so this is a work organised event and is taking place on 18th April so need to get into training mode
Walked from mine to my mum's with my little boy around 45 mins and then did a 6.5km training walk in around 1.5 hours, which considering my IBS was awful today and had continuous cramps, I was really pleased with myself
Although when I told my OH, he said everyone should be doing exercise everyday so why should he congratulate me - supportive as ever!!!!
Well now on to food;

Saturday
Breakfast - Omelette (peppers & onion) -was burned but managed to save most of it
Lunch - Chicken Tikka Slices with peppers & onion in a wholemeal pitta (hexb)
Dinner - Haddock in breadcrumbs, actifry chips, peas and BNS
Snacks - Cereal Bar, Mullerlight
Syns - Cereal Bar 4, Haddock 8, Oil for chips 2 (will try with fry light next time)
Total syns - 14

Sunday
Breakfast - 3 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread with 2 Laughing Cow Light (1/3 HEXA) - couldn't manage any superfree this morning
Lunch - Chicken roast with carrot, swede, and caulflower and two yorkshire puddings
Tea - Scrambled egg, peppers and onion in a wholemeal pitta (HEXB)
Snacks - Alpen Light Bar 3, Yorkshire Pudding 9, Ryvita Crackerbread 3
Total syns - 15

Well need to get on with my partner's accounts, way behind as been a bit minimins obsessive every time I come on the PC recently - weigh in on Tuesday so try to minimise syns tomorrow
Good evening everyone!!!!

Yay! Well done!!!! That's brill! X x

Back