Laurenista's Diary

laurenista

Hi guys,
Only been gone a week but I can't cope with healthy eating I need something with more stability! Plus the people weren't very friendly over there :(
I'm giving up weighing myself my trainer at the gym has banned me from the scales he says go on how you feel in your clothes because I'm too weight obsessed. I've been becoming very low recently having bouts of compulsive eating something I thought I was free from now and could really do with a support web! Which means you guys are my new rock :)
I will be starting again tomorrow trying to be mainly low GL. Need some ideas for placement friendly meals though.
So pleased in back :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Laurenista! Welcome back! It's been so lonely here >_<

I think low GL is really healthy but it also has a little restrictions so it's easy to follow. I was sort of doing healthy eating with low GL during Jan, but it wasn't working as my weight didn't go down quickly. It was going down very slowly. With doing proper low GL I usually lose at least a pound a week.

Unfortunately I can't give you any tips or advice about compulsive eating. I googled it to try to understand it a bit better. I can't say I know your situation, but I do absolutely love sweets, cakes etc. There are times I really really want to eat one, or eat them more often(like everyday), lately I've been telling myself no "it's goes straight to my axx!" It's been helping me this past two weeks, when I see semla at the store.

I hope I'll be able to encourage you through the rest of your weightloss:) I think great foods to eat are curry, you can put alot of lentil or chickpeas in them. Also you can freeze them down in portion sizes. Also salads, I absolutely love salads since I can usually eat a lot more of it, and it's very easy to prepare.

Thanks Cali
I'm pleased to be back I was very happy when I was doing low GL. I will struggle slightly this weekend as I'm away for a girly weekend however the only problem with be lack of exercise and alcohol. Not a big drinker but not sure what the best type of alcoholic drink is. I'll probably go healthy and have a gin and slimline tonic.
I'll post everyday to keep myself on track. Back at the gym tomorrow and Friday then away Saturday so will hopefully hit the gym when i get back after lunch on Sunday! I love the gym and it really upsets me when I'm feeling this low and not wanting to go!
I was thinking of making some massive batches of soups and freezing them as soup fills me up for hours! I will find it hard to eat regularly on placement as I only get 2 breaks a day in a 12 hour shift but I'll try my hardest to get snacks in if I need them!

You're welcome Laurenista :)

It is the weekend and it's okay to relax a little:) I don't drink so I'm not sure what's a good choice. I do remember someone on the forums talking about taking a light beer since it's lower in calories.

There are times I do get in a funky mood, because it feels like I've been dieting forever and my goal weight feels like it's far away. Those days I just want to eat naughty foods, and don't want to work out. I do give myself lazy days, but then I can only take so many of those and then I'm like "most exercise!" :)

Ohh placement sounds like a really hectic time. Not much breaks:( Maybe you can keep some nakd bars in your bag. I know Molly says they're great for on the go.

yeah being a nursing student is really hectic...especially when out on placement and thinking about the mega work load! all a case of balance....just wish i knew how to keep my diet balanced as well as i do my work :/
i'll get through it as long as im very prepared with it and don't over restrict or under restrict myself and keep exercising on my days off

I give you a lot of credit. Dieting alone isn't easy, but also doing placement sounds really difficult. I'm really proud of you that you're trying even during these trying times.

Breakfast- porridge, berries, cinnamon, skimmed milk, low fat yoghurt.

Lunch- chickpea and vegetable broth.

Dinner-

Snacks- Apple, Babybel light,

Drinks- 1 coffee, water and herbal tea.

Last edited:
Welcome back, Lauren. I'm sure you will soon build up a list of foods that makes it easy to manage your placement. :) (you might go back and check out Ruth Frances' diary, she's a nurse and there may be some good tips there for you)

Back from my weekend away!
Had a fab time haven't overly thought about what I was eating but it's not been terrible.
Starting back on track tomorrow I've planned the day out already.
Breakfast- fruit and yoghurt
Lunch- hummus and salad wrap
Dinner- butternut squash soup from baxters

Mmmmm hummus wrap! You can never go wrong with hummus:)

Today....

Breakfast- banana, blueberry and pineapple with yoghurt. (not low GL I know but that's the fruits we have in and as long as its healthy I'm not complaining :) )

Lunch-chicken salad wrap

Dinner-Mexican bean soup

Snacks- apple

Drinks-water and coffee

Last edited:
I tend to eat some pineapples here and there, and you can still eat bananas too. Just can't eat alot of bananas. I think half or one banana isn't bad for low GL:)

Today...

Breakfast- Porridge and a cup of coffee

Lunch-

Dinner-

Snacks-

Been away for the weekend again. All in all been pretty good with food.
I'll probably have to start a weekly update from now possibly 2 times weekly as I'm on a very busy period at uni ATM

Lauren, I hope you are doing well and managing to keep on track despite the hectic placement schedule.
Good luck for the rest of the week.

Back