laurenmays journey to lose 2 stone the CC way!!

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

I'm gonna have to bore you all with my long story, just for you to get an idea of why I'm here and how I have two stone to lose!

I fell pregnant back in October 2010, and pre-pregnancy was a small size 8 and weighed 9st 7lbs. I'm not naturally small builded and I'm not one of the lucky ones who can eat and eat yet not gain weight. I calorie counted religiously and attended the gym 3 or 4 times a week to stay the size and weight I was...

At the end of my pregnancy, the day my son was born, I weighed a whopping 14st 7lbs! I'd gained 5 stone during the pregnancy, and only 1 stone of it was the baby, placenta and fluids etc - the other 4 stone was pure FAT!!

I ended up with a caesarean, and for the first 6 weeks after he was born couldn't exercise or do anything too strenuous. But about 2 weeks after he was born I did start dieting again in a desperate attempt to shift the baby weight as soon as possible!! I stayed below 1000 calories a day, exercised at the gym for 90 minutes six days a week, and every Friday evening would allow myself a night off for a treat..

I lost all the baby weight within four months, and by November weighed in at 9st 10lbs and was back down to a size 8. But then Christmas came and went, and when it went it took my willpower and motivation with it!! So literally from January until this present day, I've been on a constant lazy binge, eating anything and everything without a second thought about it..

Which is why I'm now 12 stone, and desperate to lose two stone and get down to 10 stone just to feel healthy and slim again! I'm not sure if I'd want to be 9st 7lbs again, I'll probably wait until I hit my first target of 10 stone and then see how I feel there.

I did start the Cambridge diet just over a week ago, in a desperate attempt to get rid of the weight as quickly as possible, but had to admit defeat and accept its not the lifestyle for me - there's no way I could feel satisfied and happy with three shakes a day!! I need normality and to feel happy and not deprived.. So that's why I'm back to calorie counting!

Slow and steady wins the race as they say! And I'll accept a slow gradual weight loss, so long as its a loss and the scales are dropping I'm happy! I need a more sustainable loss and a complete lifestyle change, for me and my 10 month old little boy whose really into his food!!

So I've ordered my food shopping, which will be delivered at 8pm tonight and then as of tomorrow it's full speed ahead with CC and regular exercise to get myself slim again!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Good luck :) you will shift them 2 stones no problem. Have u decided how many calories your starting on?
Im off to the gym this morning :) catch u soon x
Danii

Danii said:
Good luck :) you will shift them 2 stones no problem. Have u decided how many calories your starting on?
Im off to the gym this morning :) catch u soon x
Danii

Thank you :) I'm torn between starting on either 1350 a day or 1200.. Have you decided what you're starting on? x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Thank you :) I'm torn between starting on either 1350 a day or 1200.. Have you decided what you're starting on? x

Start on 1350 if your exercising? But if u have a baby will u be able to?
im thinking about joining Rosemary conley class for the support and weekly weigh in's also the fitness session but my starting amount is 1000 a day :) with exercise. x

Danii said:
Start on 1350 if your exercising? But if u have a baby will u be able to?
im thinking about joining Rosemary conley class for the support and weekly weigh in's also the fitness session but my starting amount is 1000 a day :) with exercise. x

I was thinking about starting at 1350 a day, cause I've messed my metabolism up so much in the past and really don't wanna mess it up anymore.. So if I hit a plateau or the weight loss is slow then I can always drop down gradually to 1200 anyway. Yeah I have my mother in law watch the baby for an hour on the days I wanna go to the gym :) also thinking about going running in the evenings so my OH can watch the baby for me to do that x

So after a day filled with extensive research into how many calories and BMR and BMI and all that nonsense, I've FINALLY settled on how many calories I'll be starting with!!

I've chosen to consume 1050 on days I don't exercise, and 1200 on the days that I do. Hoping to get to the gym as much as possible, and start running in the evenings around where I live. I've too ordered the Jillian Micahel's 30 day shred DVD, so will be doing my best to get 20 minutes of that in every evening as well :)

Looking forward to a healthier and happier, and hopefully slimmer me! No more faddy or crash diets for me, I'm doing things the proper way - at last! - and changing my lifestyle for good :)

Onwards and downwards!!

Hi Lauren - loving your new diary :)

Sound like you've made the right choice.. Good luck - keep me update x

Foo Fan said:
Hi Lauren - loving your new diary :)

Sound like you've made the right choice.. Good luck - keep me update x

Hi Sarah :) and thank you! Really gonna miss all you girlies over on CD, but it just wasn't for me and I couldn't see me maintaining it in the long term.. So for me I think I'm better suited to calorie counting cause I find it more sustainable. All the best on the rest of your CD journey! Keep me updated too! x

Just found your diary, you've already been such a great support to me already. I really wish you all the best. I know you can do it. This is really the best way xx

Skinny Sia said:
Just found your diary, you've already been such a great support to me already. I really wish you all the best. I know you can do it. This is really the best way xx

Aww thank you :) I wish you all the best too! And we both can do it and get slim, trim and trained ready for both our race for life events in July! xx

laurenmay said:
Aww thank you :) I wish you all the best too! And we both can do it and get slim, trim and trained ready for both our race for life events in July! xx

Amen to that! :D:D

DAY ONE - Well it's day one for me today, and I'm feeling very positive and upbeat about the 'new me' that's in progress :)

Up at 5am for work, so had a weigh and my starting weight is 12 stone. Which isn't bad considering I was 12 stone on Friday, and spent the entire weekend eating junk food before my big diet started and don't seem to have gained anything!! So I'm hoping that if that's how my body reacts to that much food over the course of two days, then it'll really have a shock as of today when the calorie counting kicks in and I may lose a good few pound in my first week ;) here's to hoping anyway!

So nice to wake up and have breakfast before getting ready for work, rather than starving myself for a few hours and only sipping on water until I had my first meal replacement shake at 9am - which is what I did when on CD. So I had a slice of Hovis granary bread toasted, with one laughing cow light cheese spread triangle on it and a large poached egg :) and a coffee with sweetex and 100ml of skimmed milk.. Altogether 247 calories, feeling full and happy!

Hoping my positive mood lasts the day, and looking forward to a good workout in the gym this evening too! Feel the burn :D

DAY ONE - On lunch break in work now, and already managed to drink nearly 1.5 litres of water. Proud of myself considering I hated it the week before last and wouldn't take a sip, let alone drink it all day!

Got a weight watchers pitta bread for lunch, filled with two laughing cow light cheese triangles and 100g of wafer thin Bernard Matthews turkey ham.. Yum! Had an apple snack pack on first break too. Calories consumed so far for the day are 549.

Was meant to go to the gym after work today, but an old running injury to my right ankle is giving me jip and I really don't fancy making it worse and then not being able to exercise for a while! So giving it a miss today, but think I'll slap my slender tone belt on for half hour...

Hi! ive just restarted calorie counting too, got a lot of weight to loose! you look like your well motivated and well in the zone! lookforward to reading how you doing over the week x nic x

You know I keep forgetting g to drink lots of water on this diet because I'm eating normal food! With the vlcd I always drank. Strange but I must reminds myself otherwise il start getting headaches.

nicolaann said:
Hi! ive just restarted calorie counting too, got a lot of weight to loose! you look like your well motivated and well in the zone! lookforward to reading how you doing over the week x nic x

Good luck! :)

nicolaann said:

Hi :) and thanks! Just hope my motivation sticks with me this week! I'm considering going out for my first outdoor run this evening, just to see how I get on, but not sure if I've got the guts! x

Skinny Sia said:
You know I keep forgetting g to drink lots of water on this diet because I'm eating normal food! With the vlcd I always drank. Strange but I must reminds myself otherwise il start getting headaches.

I know! I hated water before I started the Cambridge diet, I'd only ever drink pop or flavoured water, but it's taught me to drink normal water and I actually like it now! Drunk 1.7 litres today and now half way through another 500ml bottle!

I fancy going out this evening for an outdoor run, but I'm worried cause I can't run more than a few minutes before having to walk to catch my breath!

Go for your run tonight Hun. Even a few minutes will be amazing. Aim to do a brisk walk and do a minute of running and then back to walking. Isn't that called interval training? Not too sure but if it is then its supposed to work.

Back